Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-08, 09:48 AM   #1
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Carrot sticks

Has anyone fished these rods and how do you like them?I hear they are impressive.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 02:33 PM   #2
bassdaddy
BassFishin.Com Member

i broke down and bought one,left it on the deck of my boat ,went in the house for a while,,came back out to find it gone,,,started looking around and all i found was a nice little pile of rabbit droppings on the deck of the boat...needless to say i won't be getting another one till i get rid of the rabbits
bassdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 04:56 PM   #3
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdaddy View Post
i broke down and bought one,left it on the deck of my boat ,went in the house for a while,,came back out to find it gone,,,started looking around and all i found was a nice little pile of rabbit droppings on the deck of the boat...needless to say i won't be getting another one till i get rid of the rabbits
Now thats funny!
Old 04-13-08, 06:51 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

they are very light but i am not crazy about there eva foam it looks kinda cheap on a $250 rod..

zooker
Old 04-13-08, 08:01 PM   #5
Wolfman7
BassFishin.Com Member

I never fished with one but had a working buddy that had one and he hated it. I ask him what he hated about it and he said everything. Again, I never fished with one so it may be great. I just going by what the co-worker said.
Old 04-13-08, 09:03 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've never fished with them, but I've heard very mixed reviews.

BB
Old 04-13-08, 10:43 PM   #7
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
they are very light but i am not crazy about there eva foam it looks kinda cheap on a $250 rod..

zooker
I see them on the net for 150 but hear they will go up soon..My buddy bought one for a flippin rod and swore you could feel the light hits very well and said he was gonna get another.
Old 04-14-08, 01:56 PM   #8
toneyoutdoors.com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to toneyoutdoors.com

I dont own one but all of the reviews i have heard on them have been negative.
Old 04-14-08, 02:03 PM   #9
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

zooker
Zooks right it looks cheap as hell!!! For that money. I would pocket the diffrence
go buy an ugly stick. If i wanted EVA. I own a couple of rods with EVA handle but after 5 years the rubber will dry up. Eva also tears real easy when it gets wet. Now for that kind money i exspect nothing but Cork. Even at 100.00 i still exspect cork.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 03:34 PM   #10
bassinbob

Moose I was thinking of getting one. With what you said I am going to pass. Won't be getting an ugly stick though. lol
Old 04-14-08, 06:14 PM   #11
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Zooks right it looks cheap as hell!!! For that money. I would pocket the diffrence
go buy an ugly stick. If i wanted EVA. I own a couple of rods with EVA handle but after 5 years the rubber will dry up. Eva also tears real easy when it gets wet. Now for that kind money i exspect nothing but Cork. Even at 100.00 i still exspect cork.
yeah moose i agree i have several $200 rods and a couple $350 ones they are cork and WELL made cork handles. i would exspect nothing but well done cork on a rod cost $250 i don't want to see big pits in the cork small ones ok..

zooker
Old 04-15-08, 11:07 AM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Moose I was thinking of getting one. With what you said I am going to pass. Won't be getting an ugly stick though. lol
I understand but at least for those who buy them poles. They know there getting a cheap Rod.
Old 04-15-08, 12:44 PM   #13
garry_3000

Default What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this is out of hand I got an 7'6 hevy for flippin with an revo premear they are as light as one could get. I will say this I use Setyr Rods but I got the Carret Stick as an demo and I love it. This saterday I fished an tourny and it was rough 25mph winds, 44 deg temp, and rain not fun at all. I flipped an small jig into an clump of dead weeds and the tip of the rod just moved slightly I thought mabe the wind I set the hook any way 5.86 pound bass was on the other end. Cheep not at all man cork is much heavyer than foam.
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 03:03 PM   #14
Lilmoosecountry

Ok i'll accept that analogy. It still looks like a very very cheap rod. I build customs rods. The money you spent on that expect that handle to last 2 yrs tops. The handle will either tear over time or the EVA will DRY OUT. I buy cheap rods for my missouri river bass rods. We get this find sand that just tears rods & reels up over time. I like berkley cherry woods & berkly big game rods. Why because there cheap & disposable. I never take the ALL STARS on the missouri river. My flipping stick is a 7ft 6 in catfish pole. Why it cost 20.00. I have to replace it almost yearly. One i need a big stout pole to winch fish out dead trees, sunken cars floating logs & all kinds of other trash in the water. This fine sand gets in the gears & just eats reels over time. That's why i use cheap second hand bait casters. never give more than 25.00 for one. Back to the Rod. The EVA gets very wet it & tears. Now there is a very cheap remedy that helps me out alittle. Go to bike shop & buy cork handle bar tape. Cut the EVA handle & wrap it with the cork tape. EVA just does'nt take the wear & tear on the missouri river at all. This fine sand can be found in almost all river systems. It will kill your handle very quickley.
Old 04-15-08, 03:45 PM   #15
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry_3000 View Post
Ok this is out of hand I got an 7'6 hevy for flippin with an revo premear they are as light as one could get. I will say this I use Setyr Rods but I got the Carret Stick as an demo and I love it. This saterday I fished an tourny and it was rough 25mph winds, 44 deg temp, and rain not fun at all. I flipped an small jig into an clump of dead weeds and the tip of the rod just moved slightly I thought mabe the wind I set the hook any way 5.86 pound bass was on the other end. Cheep not at all man cork is much heavyer than foam.
I could get lighter. Get a Daiwa Steez reel. It's almost a full ounce lighter than the Revo Premier. Daiwa Steez rods have foam on them, but they claim it is way better than EVA. If this is so, why doesn't E21 put it on their C-Sticks?

BB
Old 04-16-08, 11:55 AM   #16
garry_3000

Only thing that I can say is this life time warr. And about the steez vs revo the revo is about half the price and is way smoother also more line compacity.
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 12:04 PM   #17
Lilmoosecountry

Read the Fine Print. There are so many ways not to Honor a life time warranty.
Old 04-16-08, 03:15 PM   #18
BASSITUP
BassFishin.Com Member

All The Reviews I Have Read On Texas Fishing Forum Say These Are Excellent Rods.
Old 04-16-08, 06:46 PM   #19
zooker

Quote:
Only thing that I can say is this life time warr. And about the steez vs revo the revo is about half the price and is way smoother also more line compacity.

oh ho so i am not alone then.. he is right..

zooker
Old 04-16-08, 11:09 PM   #20
Basscrazie

Quote:
I got the same input while jig fishing from my buddy.I might get one before they go up.Thanks for the input guys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.