Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-09, 07:42 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default we be back!

yup dats right, just flew in from our eight day fishing trip on the gulf, dang those fish fight sooo hard. From days of spanish mac to tons of speckled sea trout, lots of sea cats, a shark or two, and lots of SUN lol

I think the most exciting day was I when I was out in front of my sons condo and started out with black grouper, when at high tide this massive school of jack crevele worked the bay and I was able to get a nice one before they moved under a bridge to the next bay across the street. What a nice tuna lookin' fish
The next day with my brother in laws Jim and Chris we had a hay day of sea trout. Jim put the hurtin' on both of us. He caught a ton of em, bout hammer handle size, 14 inches or so. The next day we went out on the gulf near St Pete and cockroach bay, and got in to the snapper. We had a livewell full of them after a four hour trip in the 96 degree air temp, 85 water temp.
I learned ya have to follow the channel wayyyy out in the gulf in that area to get out there, we fished some sunken ships in seventeen ft of water, then moved out to the channel where it was 45 ft deep. I was telling Denny a minute ago that even these twelve to fifteen inch fish pull like a thirty lb cat! speaking of sea cats, we got a lot of them and what a nuisance. One wrapped around a piece of coral and I pulled in the coral but only half the bait fish LOL
Another outing the cobia we moving some big 16 inch fish in front of us. those fish they were feeding on were jumping all over the place to avoid the inevitable. Bought dozens of shrimp each day and some frozen squid, but every trip to fl gets better and better. Hope to hit brookville tomorrow in 35 degree morning. In clearwater it was 83 at sunrise, 96 by noon. I've never drank so much water in my life. I also found out like zooker states that when its 94 % humidity and 95 degrees air temp the ol camera doesn't work at all! We filleted all the mangro snapper but I threw back all the rest. I did have a shark follow my bait on honeymoon island near Dunedin but no bites.

Last edited by JB; 10-10-09 at 08:20 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 09:21 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like ya had great time JB. I can see the smile. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-10-09, 10:13 PM   #3
bamabassman

so did ya get sunburned jb? glad you had a great time pal. did ya bring bac enough fish and shrimp and such?
Old 10-11-09, 03:47 AM   #4
JB

thanks ! nope bama I'm nice n brown to, thanks to sunblock70 on the boat!
Old 10-11-09, 08:19 AM   #5
Bassboss

Cool JB! Sounds like a fun time... and now you know what I live through almost every day.... HOT!!! So @!&%^ hot it'll sing you eyebrows off! Them snapper are tasty too ain't they! But you gotta come during the blue fish run (Nov - early feb), man around my area around the inlets, if you go spend a day you'll arms and back will fell like you had a ton a bricks on them... theys tasty too!
Old 10-11-09, 09:29 AM   #6
keithdog

Welcome back buddy. Glad you had a great trip. Did you eat any of those sea trout? I've never eatten one and always wondered how they taste. Your heading to Brookville now after hot and sunny Florida? LOL Bundle up cause it's going to feel like -35 instead of 35 degrees! By the way, I slayed em yesterday on wind blown banks on a white spinnerbait up here in northern Indiana. Might want to give that a try.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 05:39 PM   #7
JB

hey keith my brother in law says most ppl won't eat the seatrout due to they are oily. I bet some one knows how to fix em up right tho. Its a matter of taste I guess, you can eat it and no problem, its just that there is so many other tasty fillets out there. We had a whole medium size tupparware storage bin full of the snapper, but ate at my sisters family picnic shrimp and ft meyers caught lobster. It was OK but the wife and me figured out lobster is no big whoop taste wise to us LOL..still good tho and had a good time.

Keith, today at brooville was a high of 54 and slowwww ww www. I went to the back of wolf creek and got one short fish, rest of day nothing. They had a tourney that ended at 4 and no one I saw looked very happy. Everyone flipping said the fish picked up the bait and dropped it all day.
I got mine on a cotton cordel white and grey shallow diving crankbait, a great tool for fall up here, they cast well and look like a shad with that painted bill.
We went north to hanna and no one was doing any good, and bailed at 5. Water temp was 64 and air was 40 by noon and 54 at 5, I had on jeans and a sleeve less shirt and my niips are sore from freezen LOL.
maybe next time, the water is still up and looking really good.
Old 10-11-09, 10:26 PM   #8
bamabassman

i have never understood what is so great about lobster jb. to me it is too strong a meat to eat. now snapper, grouper,flounder,shrimp,dolphin (no not flipper either) are some of the BEST tasting dishes there is. glad you made it home safely jb. now about that "brown" tan....................... mine is only good up to the elbow and around the neck,lmao.
Old 10-12-09, 12:03 AM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sound slike an awesome time JB. Glad you had some good catches and avoided the big burn.
Old 10-14-09, 11:01 AM   #10
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[QUOTE=JB;271649]hey keith my brother in law says most ppl won't eat the seatrout due to they are oily. I bet some one knows how to fix em up right tho. Its a matter of taste I guess, you can eat it and no problem, its just that there is so many other tasty fillets out there. We had a whole medium size tupparware storage bin full of the snapper, but ate at my sisters family picnic shrimp and ft meyers caught lobster. It was OK but the wife and me figured out lobster is no big whoop taste wise to us LOL..still good tho and had a good time.

Specs just happen to be one of the best eatin inshore fish around. Just batter and deep fry them, not much of a grillin fish

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.