Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-09, 11:19 AM   #1
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06
Default High School Football

well i dont have all day to give details on the season, but currently were 4-3 and 1-0 in the region.Keep in mind i play 2A prep school ball.

The 3 losses were from great teams
Our season is/goes
Dillion Christian[1A State champs] L 47-7
- This game was considered "Week Zero". its normally a scrimmage
Wilson Hall[3A state runner up] L 20-42
-This team is about 20 minutes away. they always dress up in overalls and drive lawnmowers around and make fun of us cause were rednecks.
Byrnes[1A] W 36-20
-Should have been a 36-6. We changed in the rookies and let them play in the 4th quarter and let 14 points get scored.
Laurence Manning[3A State Camps] L 34-6
-There pretty good. if our kickoff team was decent, they wouldnt have scored two kick returns for TD's and a punt return. There a good team, but 21 points were scored off stupid misakes like that.
Thomas Sumter[2A Region Game.] W 21-20
- This was the big turning point in our season. Home game, bringing the rivals on our turf. We were expected to lose by everyone. The team believed we'd win and we said it all week. Opening kick off, we kicked and they drive down and score.Then we get the ball, have to punt. we went down 14-0. Well we turned it on, went down the field and scored, kicked off, and intercepted to set up another score. Went into halftime at 14-14. Came onto the field, and got the ball back, and held them for the quarter. Sometime in the 4th I think, we held them down somewhere around their 20. Quarterback drops back and and our LOLB blitzed off the edge and was sacking the qb, when he threw it down. A flag was thrown and our LILB ran through the line and picked it up to score. We went up 21-14.
We let them get all the way to the 50 and they ran one deep to score with 1:04 on the clock. called a series of timeouts to get everything straight and it all came down to this. the qb drops back and someone ran an out and the db was a step or so behind him, wide open, ball is released and out of nowhere the LOLB ran up and swated it down to leave us at 21-20. Got the kickoff and ran our favorite play. Victory Formation, Kneel on down, Kneel on down, Ready? Break.
Williamsburg [1-A.] W 40-17
- Got beat on their homecoming. Played the first quarter and had a 1 hour lightning delay with 11 minutes on the clock in the 2nd quarter. We went down 14-0 again, and turned it on to come back and win. with about 4 minutes left at ROLB, the wing back was on the opposite side, meaning I, and the end blitz. the end hits the qb, and the ball comes loose, and i preformed the "Scoop and Score"
Laurens[1A] W 24-16 (Homecoming)
-Our homecoming. Katie, my best friend was my sponsor, and was elected for the homecoming court. when i asked her she said yeah, of course and we talked about "winning out" since. She plays 3 sports, and is very competive. She is on the USA world cup softball team that plays in Paris in January. Anyway, "winning out" meant for us to win the sponsor/player game at the pep rally, and winning the football game. Well she was elected homecoming court last week, and she was like what would we do if we won all three? Well, Katie and I won the pep rally game, Katie won Homecomming Queen, and we won the football game
Dorchester[2A Region Game] (Senior Parent Night)
This crowd is pretty physical and they gave us some trouble in the scrimmage earlier in the year.We lost to them last year. TSA beat them,and we havent beaten Thomas Sumter in years, and they beat us 56-6 last year.
Florence Christian[2A Region Game]
This team isnt such a great team. they got beat by Pee Dee, who we smashed in the scrimmage pre-season
Calhoun[2A Region Game]
This crowd only beat FCS ( Florence Christan) 13-7
Pee Dee [2A Region Game]
Beat Calhoun, and Florence Christian on our schedule.

So our season should work out for us. If we get through this next week with Dorchester, and move to 2-0, the rest of it should be easier. Were #1 in the region right now since were the only team with no region losses. other teams have one, or even two. We need this week, and were open a big door to the region champs
Old 10-03-09, 11:31 AM   #2
aikenyounggun

Glad you are having a good season, i don't play but we are having good support for our team this year. We are like 2-5, but we won last night at our homecoming game so its good. Our team choked in the 2nd half against our cross town rival, then came storming back against another good team but we didnt have enough. Hope you guys do good.
Old 10-07-09, 05:52 PM   #3
3dkicker

Where did I see Pee Dee recently? High School Football on one of the ESPN channels? I know I just saw the name of that school recently.
Old 10-09-09, 04:04 PM   #4
MrPhotographer06

maybe http://thetandd.com/columns/?p=569
there?

We play dorchester tonight. if we win, we only need 2/3 in the next two games, to clutch the region. Lets get ready to rumble.
I did the speech at the pep rally.
Old 10-09-09, 04:15 PM   #5
3dkicker

Nope that wasn't it. Now that's going to bother me until I figure out where I saw the name.......

JV football team I work with has had two straight district shutouts and have a 3-1 record. Varsity lost it's first district game and play tonight. They're 1-3. The football program here has been bad going on horrible the last 8 years. The only player of note to come out of here lately is Jermon Bushrod of the Saints. The new coaching staff is already turning things around and the JV team is showing it.
Old 10-10-09, 05:21 PM   #6
MrPhotographer06

Well this weeks been a rough one. we've been battling the swine flu, with 110/ 600 in attendence out of the school [K3-12th] and participating with 20 at practice tuesday [rain out monday] 24 wedensday and 26 thursday out of a 32 dressed and 37 on the team.
We were physically out manned on the field and just drained by 7:30. We ended up loosing 38-14 with one TD from a fumble recovery and another one in the 4th i helped set up with a 10 yard first down run to make it first and goal. I didnt get to play much. Special teams, and 4th quarter inside linebacker looking for revenge because i got laid out on a kickoff. Their kicks are little bouncy ones across the ground and i shifted to the middle of the middle line so i wouldt get the ball and i did indeed get it kicked to me and as i got the ball, i got laid out by the kicker with a running start from their 40 to our 35.
Anywho, i was assigned to hit the fullback, and i was the only linebacker that they said who crossed the line of scrimmage. I made my few plays and eventually they ran it opposite of me and scored.

We now fell from 1st in the region at 1-0 to i think 4th to 1-1.
4-4 record and the team we played increased to 6-1. their only loss is to thomas sumter.
Now we have to win out to even make it to the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8asDPLO3vic

oh yeah. theres one of our pep-rally videos.
The one from yesterday will be up soon, and it has my scoring fumble recovery on there.
In this video, i dont know if i appear or not, but i'm #20 in the games, #35 on the practice part.
Anthony [member: lazycricket000] is #1 in games, and #85 in practice. His practice number was my game jersey in b-team

And at 2:35 in the video the girl i'm always talking about, katie is shown beasting it on a spike.

Last edited by MrPhotographer06; 10-10-09 at 07:38 PM.
MrPhotographer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 12:46 PM   #7
MrPhotographer06

and now i'm out of school with some kind of sickness. i've had fever since saturday, but its back to 98.6. i dunno if its the medicine i'm taking or what so i'm going to lay off it for today. i hope it'll stay down so i can get back to school
Old 10-13-09, 09:35 AM   #8
3dkicker

The fullback #57 needs to work on his blocking.......
Old 10-13-09, 03:15 PM   #9
MrPhotographer06

in which part 3d?

our fullback #44 does have some blocking problems, and he's probally the biggest football guy on the team, playing his 9th year

if your looking at our game films, #57 plays guard, but if your talking about the bootleg, yeah's normally good on those, just didnt get out there on that one
Old 10-13-09, 06:32 PM   #10
3dkicker

I think it was the fullback that missed a block but the team scored anyways....he just stood there and looked around in the hole.
Wasn't 57 that was the lead blocker for the QB and never got to the linebacker that made the tackle? If not then it was the guard. Still that's the best block to make for a guard. Rumble down field full speed and hit someone.......sweeet!
Old 10-13-09, 07:15 PM   #11
MrPhotographer06

murph has the tendency to do that. #44
He runs through huffing and puffing, and arms out to "block" then looks around for someone and he gets run by.
He also is big fisherman that i beat at school
he now comes up with all kinds of BS about the one he caught that was 10-1 to beat me cause he cant stand it. he told me last week he had a 11 lber he caught on the wall mounted by his grandpa and he could do it for me.
then he said to a teacher his biggest was 9-15 and showed her a pic, then said well, i did catch one 10-2 its on the wall

haha
suck it up, i beat you

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.