Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-09, 07:30 PM   #26
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I don't know what I'm gonna do if I hook one of the 60lb cats that live there.
WaterSki??
Old 10-09-09, 07:31 PM   #27
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
WaterSki??
ROFL...I know I have big feet, but come on...give a guy a break hahaha.
Old 10-09-09, 07:52 PM   #28
Bassboss

Quote:
I have been exceptionally sore today, but it seems like the rigor-mortis-like stiffness may be lessening. I might go fishing for a little while at a pond tomorrow (there's a nice bench right there). I don't know what I'm gonna do if I hook one of the 60lb cats that live there.
Good about the stiffness at least!

Well lets just hope you don't hook into ona dem cats! But what will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
WaterSki??
ROT fraking FL cass!
Old 10-09-09, 09:22 PM   #29
Stew
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Maybe you find their attitudes compelling, but the rest of us would rather decide for ourselves, rather than let George Soros and the rest of the Global Marxists tell us how we have to eat, sleep, and breathe.
Arguing in light of that would be like arguing with a dining room table.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 10:21 PM   #30
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I have decided on a new personal policy in regards to controversial subjects, the idea that I will comment once, and let my comments speak. That way nobody can accuse me of the unforgivable sin of wanting to argue, even though it takes 2 to argue. If anyone wants clarification of a point I make in the future they can PM me.

What was I most shocked about? That in reading the coverage this morning, the Nobel Prize had also been awarded to Rough Rider Teddy Roosevelt, a notorious war monger and perhaps the man most responsible for refining America's imperialist tendencies.

I would say not to worry about the award so much, as it has always been an award by the popular elite, for the popular elite. But this is a pretty special case.

Stew, I would also like for you to note 2 men who did not get the award; Ronald Reagan, despite his efforts in nuclear disarmament ( I wouldn't have given it to him, but if that is the criteria he deserved it 1000x more than Obama), and Mahondes K. Ghandi - who if ever there was a candidate deserving of this award, it was Mahatma Ghandi. The Nobel committee claims that they try not to award current political figures, so Ghandi was snubbed.

How is it, that Obama is given credit for his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons." but Reagan was not? Is it because Reagan, and Ghandi were politicians but Obama is not? No, that can't be - as Obama is clearly a politician as well.

Just what is the rational here? Because obviously, there is a contradiction between the stated criteria and what was passed down this morning.

Really, I think I know the criteria. This is an award made by kiss asses, for kiss asses. And Obama has exemplified extraordinary efforts at kissing ***.

"Hello Mr. President, we honor you today, for all your great accomplishments...blah blah blah...blah blah (to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic)
Ahh , who cares ? I think they all left anyway...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 10:35 PM   #31
doc

Damn, 1 power outage and see what I miss.

I did not understand the whole NPP either. Read it on the news and thought wtf
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 10:57 PM   #32
nofearengineer

Okay, since Stew was generating pretty unintelligible gibberish, I threw together my interpretation of the Holy Scripture that is the Norwegian Nobel Committee release. I added a few comments of my own to clarify what they really meant.
The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

[Translation: We all know that talking about doing something is much more important than just doing it. That's why we didn't give the Peace Prize to Ronald Reagan for the INF Treaty and the START I Treaty.]

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play.

[Translation: We are pleased that we now get more of a say in running things, despite not having had to invest any of our own blood or treasure. Hopefully, we can just do away with this whole silly “American sovereignty” thing soon.]

Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations.

[Translation: We prefer a world in which nobody with morals or ethics possesses any weapons more powerful than a harsh lecture. Now when we wish to do something bad, like annex a neighboring country, we can simply look apologetic and still get away with it.]

Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

[Translation: By creating and carefully defining a boogeyman that doesn't actually exist, we get to be the sole arbiters of whether or not it has actually been defeated, so we can keep the wealthy countries on the hook for trillions of dollars worth of transfer payments. Everyone knows the United States has never helped improve human rights and democracy in the world, apart from the 9 months Obama has been in office.]

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

[Translation: Because foreigners have benefited from the export of American culture, technology, and increased leisure time, and now recognize Obama from watching cable television, the American President should naturally be one that foreigners choose, rather than Americans. Since most Americans aren't really interested in watching other countries governments on TV, they will continue to elect their own leaders.]

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman.

[Translation: It has taken over a century of our careful manipulation of the American political process, but we finally managed to install our Manchurian Candidate!]

The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

[Translation: Hey! We know the United States has been paying the bills for everything for a long time! Don't blame us...Obama said it!]

Oslo, October 9, 2009
Old 10-09-09, 11:46 PM   #33
Bender

Maybe it is a consolation prize for not getting the Olympics in Chicago?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 12:48 AM   #34
flbassman

Do they use an affirmative action quota system on the NPP? Thats bout all i could come up with....
Old 10-10-09, 07:29 AM   #35
bassboogieman

Political arguments - YOU CAN'T WIN. The Left won't accept any of the Right's political concepts, and the Right won't accept any of the Left's concepts. That's as close to agreement either will give the other. Those in the middle - can't make any forward progress because they are swimming upstream against both the Left and the Right, neither of which can stand someone who only PARTIALLY agrees with them. The middle represents COMPROMISE (actually using the "business world lingo" BEST PRACTICES which takes the good from wherever it's found and disregards the bad similarly) which is unthinkable to both Left and Right wingers. Poltical "argument" isn't worth the breath it takes, unless you are one that enjoys spinning topics to reflect the direction you lean, avoiding truth and logic. Politicians don't want to really engage in making hard decisions that benifit the majority of the citizens, otherwise this County wouldn't be in the economic difficulty we now find ourselves.
Cynical as I may be, it is beyond dispute that a politician's biggest job, that takes the biggest percentage of his time and effort -and let's not forget MONEY - is getting elected, and therafter - all together now, this is real easy - getting re-elected.

It's been fun reading all the comments anyway. ;=)
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 10:35 AM   #36
Stew

Nobel Shock shows America oblivious to its reign of terror
Old 10-10-09, 10:49 AM   #37
Stew

The Nobel Prize & Obama Derangement Syndrome
Old 10-10-09, 12:05 PM   #38
bassboogieman

So guys, what do you think of Umpire Phill Cuzzi's call in the Yankee - Twins game last night? I think he deserves UMPIRE OF THE YEAR, just for trying to make the right call based upon recent precedent. Well that may be the Yankee's opinion. I'm sure the Twins would like his head on a pike. Bear any relevance to something we were talking about? Depends on which side of the stadium you're sitting on.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 10-10-09 at 12:10 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 01:48 PM   #39
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

So guys, what do you think of Umpire Phill Cuzzi's call in the Yankee - Twins game last night? I think he deserves UMPIRE OF THE YEAR, just for trying to make the right call based upon recent precedent. Well that may be the Yankee's opinion. I'm sure the Twins would like his head on a pike. Bear any relevance to something we were talking about? Depends on which side of the stadium you're sitting on.
I know! That was a really bad ump! The twins would won that game too!

btw, I'm a red sox fan!
Old 10-10-09, 03:47 PM   #40
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Any one!

So the president of the United States is just "anyone" Wow...just wow I guess I don’t get it? I better alert the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
They seem to be giving away the Nobel Peace Prize to anyone these days. Hey Mr. Norwegian, I tend to be docile and not do much either. Can I have one?

Last edited by Vegasspider; 10-10-09 at 03:59 PM.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 10:11 PM   #41
bamabassman

this is getting a little out of hand gang. the folks FOR obama are taking things outta context, and the ones against obama are too to an extent. i like what bassbogie said. he is right about the left and right wings. there seems to be no middle ground anymore. either way we ALL lose. think about it. ALL OF US WILL LOSE IN THE END. we have no true leadership on EITHER side. if you say i am wrong, i truly don't care. i am SO tired of left and right wings running and RUINING this country. i don't say much about polotics because of this sort of thing. i vote each election. and no.....i do NOT think obama was the right choice. but there aren't many other canidates out there that are blowing my mind with their plans either. one day though there will rise a true leader. a leader that will think of ALL americans. quit being cynical gang......BOTH SIDES. tired of these types of things on here.

sorry gang, i am just sick of seeing this country being split down the middle by politics. didn't mean to offend anyone. just tired of of it.
Old 10-10-09, 11:18 PM   #42
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
this is getting a little out of hand gang. the folks FOR obama are taking things outta context, and the ones against obama are too to an extent. i like what bassbogie said. he is right about the left and right wings. there seems to be no middle ground anymore. either way we ALL lose. think about it. ALL OF US WILL LOSE IN THE END. we have no true leadership on EITHER side. if you say i am wrong, i truly don't care. i am SO tired of left and right wings running and RUINING this country. i don't say much about polotics because of this sort of thing. i vote each election. and no.....i do NOT think obama was the right choice. but there aren't many other canidates out there that are blowing my mind with their plans either. one day though there will rise a true leader. a leader that will think of ALL americans. quit being cynical gang......BOTH SIDES. tired of these types of things on here.

sorry gang, i am just sick of seeing this country being split down the middle by politics. didn't mean to offend anyone. just tired of of it.
You're right. I'm still thinking about running in the next election though. My slogan will be "Bass in every livewell to feed the multitudes, and a 1/4 stick in congress to settle the debates!"
Old 10-10-09, 11:29 PM   #43
woody

Quote:

No kiddin! it's starting to sound like a nursery full of cry babies.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 11:52 PM   #44
nofearengineer

Yay!!! +1000 to the Ostriches who just want peace and quiet!

You have the 30% left wing, the 30% right wing, and the 40% who just plain don't give a crap.

I'll give you one guess who scares me the most.
Old 10-11-09, 12:36 AM   #45
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

[QUOTE=Vegasspider;271574]So the president of the United States is just "anyone" Wow...just wow I guess I don’t get it? I better alert the media.
[/QUOTE

To tell you the truth, that's all he is to me. It is my personal statement and may not reflect the views of others. Does that cover me?
Old 10-11-09, 01:38 AM   #46
1/4 stick

[QUOTE=Bubba_Bruiser;271605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
So the president of the United States is just "anyone" Wow...just wow I guess I don’t get it? I better alert the media.
[/QUOTE

To tell you the truth, that's all he is to me. It is my personal statement and may not reflect the views of others. Does that cover me?
I assume any president's draws get dirty just like everybody else's, though some think this clown can walk on the water they get washed in.
Old 10-11-09, 02:30 AM   #47
WTL

Quote:

Since this thread has sorta moved past the Obama thing, a note on the left/right thing.

Bama's heart, as well as some of yalls, is definitely in the right place. But the more I have researched politics, I have come to the conclusion that this notion of what the right and left represents is off, and is really a distraction.

Instead of thinking in terms of left-dem vs right-gop, for a second try thinking of those who want centralization and power in the federal government, and those in favor of decentralization, pluralism and more personal autonomy as comprising the two poles of American politics.

When you start thinking like that, you will come up with a model that more accurately describes what we are seeing. You will also see that a supposed righty like me can sometimes be on the same side as a supposed lefty like Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders.
Old 10-11-09, 03:03 AM   #48
BassinBandit

Quote:

Hence the reason I hate politics. I am with you on this Bama.
Old 10-11-09, 03:23 AM   #49
1/4 stick

Well... Where ever you sit on politics, may God bless you and yours.
And of course...

God Bless America

Lord see us through
Old 10-11-09, 11:07 AM   #50
nofearengineer

You guys know that even though I get irritated with the people who don't want to hear about it (probably not as irritated as they get with me haha), I still know their hearts are in the right place. I just wish they weren't as beaten into submission. This is one of the very few countries in the world where you have the right to argue politics openly, and I see people just giving that right away, and then sort of trying to shame others into doing the same. It drives me nuts.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.