Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-10, 07:20 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default So, Bama..........

....Zooker and I were wondering.......
Do I smell smoke??????
Old 05-31-10, 08:34 PM   #2
zooker

or is that just one big azzed flare up??

ok now for all the money...

bama did ya use the grill brush to scrape the burnt cinders off the ribs??

this textin pic crap needs to stop...
i figure some one who is TOO shy to post pic's of his bbq on the world wide web. burnt them to a crisp...

zooker
Old 05-31-10, 08:44 PM   #3
MallenManson

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zooker holds no punches, now do he?????
Old 05-31-10, 08:49 PM   #4
bamabassman

hahaha, as YOU 2 can see from the text picture. all turned out VERY well indeedy. mom and dad were my guinea pigs and i PASSED with flying colors. they even took some of both home for later tonight! my mom is NOT big meat eater, and if she takes some meat home........it is GOOD. personally i still want to tweak it some more. but it was my first time with this style of smoker. so i will get it down over time.
now for a pointer to everyone out there with the side burner type smoker/grill. hopefully someone will post a pic of it for me. but never the less....LISTEN UP!
when you are using this type of smoker/grill remember to have some sort of METAL pan or tray of some kind under the side where the air INTAKE is. i noticed the ashes were falling out right? well like a DUMB ARSE, i placed a cardboard sheet under it to catch the ashes. STUPID! some of those ashes aren't through buning yet dumbarse. i cam RIGHT back after leaving to find something better and noticed i had set the back poarch on fire. DOH!! yes there is a black burnt spot on my NEW back poarch. i got some replacement wood, but if i had left for an hour or so i would NOT be writing this now gang. take heed to this story! I AM SERIOUS! it is easy to forget in the heat of cooking sometimes. leason learned i assure you. gonna build a place just for this thing in the near future i promise you that.
now.i ahve sent pics to folks, care to share them for me? thanks in advance guys. i love this smoker/grill and look forward to cooking more and more on it.

and if oyu want a pic of the burnt spot, yes i will send it to ya. but ya gotta ask, hahahaha.
Old 05-31-10, 08:55 PM   #5
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahaha, as YOU 2 can see from the text picture. all turned out VERY well indeedy. mom and dad were my guinea pigs and i PASSED with flying colors. they even took some of both home for later tonight! my mom is NOT big meat eater, and if she takes some meat home........it is GOOD. personally i still want to tweak it some more. but it was my first time with this style of smoker. so i will get it down over time.
now for a pointer to everyone out there with the side burner type smoker/grill. hopefully someone will post a pic of it for me. but never the less....LISTEN UP!
when you are using this type of smoker/grill remember to have some sort of METAL pan or tray of some kind under the side where the air INTAKE is. i noticed the ashes were falling out right? well like a DUMB ARSE, i placed a cardboard sheet under it to catch the ashes. STUPID! some of those ashes aren't through buning yet dumbarse. i cam RIGHT back after leaving to find something better and noticed i had set the back poarch on fire. DOH!! yes there is a black burnt spot on my NEW back poarch. i got some replacement wood, but if i had left for an hour or so i would NOT be writing this now gang. take heed to this story! I AM SERIOUS! it is easy to forget in the heat of cooking sometimes. leason learned i assure you. gonna build a place just for this thing in the near future i promise you that.
now.i ahve sent pics to folks, care to share them for me? thanks in advance guys. i love this smoker/grill and look forward to cooking more and more on it.

and if oyu want a pic of the burnt spot, yes i will send it to ya. but ya gotta ask, hahahaha.

Translation: Upon realizing my ribs had become fire and brimstone, I ran to grab the fire extinguisher.
Upon my return, I noticed the fire had spread across my porch, through the hedge and into the neighbor's house.
Not sure why they're makin such a big fuss. They're only 2nd degree burns.
Anyone wanna see pics of the Pizza Hut we had tonight?
Old 05-31-10, 09:39 PM   #6
bamabassman

hahaha, no nearest neighbor is about 300 yards away mallen. i live way up on a mountain remember?
ZOOKER....first i want to thank you for the help with this. i took your advice and it turned out really well. thank you so very much man.
did oyu guys get the pics? ya'll now i can't post em from my phone. but ok, ok, i'll use the camera next time. and i WILL learn how to post them without it taking me 2 days to do it. or at least i will try. good enough?
Old 05-31-10, 10:17 PM   #7
zooker

Quote:

1 must KNOW the hazards of ones grill... buying a grill is like buying a car.. you need to open the hood and see that your ash pans and grill underlinings are in proper order..
then you need to be smarter than your charcoal...charcoal can burn up to 3000 degrees which is why they use it to forge steel...

any bbqer should know that you NEVER use flamable containers in or around bbq grills...

i should point out that even using a smoker add on, one don't normally need more than 2 chimmneys full of charcoal to cook/smoke with..that much should never fill up a smoker attachment..much less put ashes on the ground.the ONLY conculsion i could make for ashes fallin on the ground is. it aint put togather right...

charcoal bbqing is a relaxed sport. ya start the fire you drink a few and talk fishing. you place glowing coals on the grate. drink another one tell a bs story about the one that would not bite.once your grill temp hits 300-350 you get buzy with the brush,cleaning and oilin the grates.take note of smoke color.. if you see it. it aint ready..when you don't see the smoke the grill is ready. sling in the meat shut the hood. and drink a few more. talk even more about ones greatness at angling.after 2 hours in a 4 hour smoke you yank the hood,turn the meat add braise/sauce/whatever. shut the hood. add anther chimmney of kingsford and talk smack.-i normally call out of staters and bug the hell out of them-drink a few more 2 hours later it is remove the meat time..nothing fast nothing fancy..

btw bama neither i nor mallen knew you were bound to set your porch on fire,when we started this thread...

zooker
Old 05-31-10, 10:33 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahaha, yeah. i learnt alot in very little time zooker. the reason the ashes fell out is cuz i wuz "poking at the fire alittle". first time remember? i did it exactly the way you told me too. just couldn't stop messing with it when i should have left it alone. different style smoker, so i was concerned ya know.
and i know ya'll didn't know about the fire on, and i mean ON the poarch, lmao. just a dumbarse move on my part. well learned one at that. surpriseling lisa was not upset at all about it. said if it were her, the entire house might have gone up in smoke,lol. one thing i did notice is it took awhile for the temp to get up to the right numbers. side burning style is WAY different than the little $40.00 buck ones i have normally used. you know the ones i am talking about stack style with the water bowl. good but not great in my opion. now talk about burning meat. and CONSTANTLY adding wood, ships,etc and WATER. that is why i decided to go with the side burner style grill. didn't have to scrub the grates.....brand new. wiped em off with soap and water, rinse, oil it down. it turned out really good for first time.pat myself on the back,hehe. again, THANK you for the instructions zooker. now for some more meat in the near future.
Old 06-01-10, 03:54 AM   #9
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:

Did we not have a discussion about cardboard and fire not too long ago bama? What is it with ya'll and cooking with cardboard?

Duuude... ya don't try to catch hot ash with caaaarrrrdddboooaaaardddd. lol

ROTFLMFAO!!!! I'm laughing with ya bama, not at ya... Aww heck, I'm laughing at ya. lol

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 06-01-10 at 04:03 AM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 03:54 PM   #10
3dkicker

Man law #0001 - Never read instructions to new items (especially to items that have potential to burn houses down or cause bodily injury).

Seems to me that possibly somewhere in the instruction manual it says not to use a smoker inside a house, shed, garage or on a deck. And to only use it on concrete, stone, gravel, or similar surfaces. But I'm only guessing......
Old 06-02-10, 09:49 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Man law #0001 - Never read instructions to new items (especially to items that have potential to burn houses down or cause bodily injury).
Man law #0001.1 - Instructions are for people who don't know how to do anything!

BB
Old 06-02-10, 10:04 AM   #12
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

See guys, he didn't burn his ribs (at least not the side we see!)

BB
Old 06-02-10, 10:36 AM   #13
tarpon120
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Love It

Great Story and very funny, laughing with you -believe me. I'm sure my kids could tell some doozies about me, especially when I was drinking, and Zooker, the drinking, the BSing and phone calls were me to a T until I eventually went to sleep (ha ha). Heading to Guntersville after lunch to make some new storys. You guys have a good weekend cause I'm fishing through Sunday nighht.
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 04:04 PM   #14
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
See guys, he didn't burn his ribs (at least not the side we see!) BB
Burn the ribs no....but I'm wondering what shade of black his deck is????
Old 06-02-10, 04:26 PM   #15
zooker

$5 says he'll never fix the burned spot. by him self...it took what 9 MONTHS to dig a 6" deep trench 300 feet long...

zooker
Old 06-02-10, 05:40 PM   #16
bamabassman

i am sure ol ssippiboy will post the burn spot for you guys.
Old 06-02-10, 06:59 PM   #17
bcklash

Bama, I'm sorry all my brethren on here is getting on your arse but this is funny chit. lmao
Old 06-02-10, 07:08 PM   #18
1/4 stick

The deck.....
<
<
<
<
The deck.
<
<
<
<
The deck is on fire.
We don't need no water......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY

Just picking on you bama, stuff happens to the best of us brotha!
Old 06-02-10, 10:30 PM   #19
bamabassman

ron ol buddy ol pal, oyu just rose to the top of my friends list, haha. naaaaa, i really don't mind being picked on. after all i ask for it don't i? i really do sometimes. so i don't mind it. i think it is funny chit myself. i have said it before and i'll say it again.........IF YOU CAN'T LAUGH AT YOURSELF, HOW CAN YOU LAUGH AT ANYONE ELSE?
Old 06-02-10, 11:15 PM   #20
MississippiBoy

Quote:
i am sure ol ssippiboy will post the burn spot for you guys.
Ask, and ye shall receive....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnt Deck.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	5276  
Old 06-03-10, 01:03 AM   #21
1/4 stick

That aint too bad. You can sand that right out.
Old 06-03-10, 12:06 PM   #22
zooker

yeah sure a bit of spackle will cover dat right up..

zooker
Old 06-03-10, 09:51 PM   #23
bamabassman

hahaha yeah my dad said i probably could sand it out. but i got some left over lumber too.
Old 06-04-10, 02:14 PM   #24
zooker

bama
you better not fire up that grill fer a while that was the first thing i heard from miz lisa"can you belive it zook? he burnt a hole in the NEW deck.there was this cardboard box out in the yard all blazing up...."

zooker
Old 06-04-10, 05:35 PM   #25
bamabassman

hahahaha.yep shae started to say something REALLY mean, then backed up and said, :well if it were me, the whole house would be in flames".

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.