Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-10, 11:25 AM   #1
XIntel007
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default New to Forum and Headed to Potomac Sat

Hey there everyone. I am new to the board and recently picked up my first boat. Its a 2000 Skeeter ZX202 and I love it. I was just curious if anyone else from the site fished the Potomac South of the Woodrow Wilson bridge and north of the 301???
XIntel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 03:23 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There may be one or two lurking that fish the river. How'd you do?
Old 07-18-10, 05:15 PM   #3
XIntel007

I got skunked entirely. The last time I went out (3 weeks ago) I landed 12 before noon. Yesterday the only think I did was burn 30 gallons of gas and get a killer headache. I don't know what it was, tide, weather or otherwise. There was a turnement going on and some of the guys I talked to said they were only able to land a few.
Old 07-19-10, 08:02 PM   #4
3dkicker

I'll be on the river tomorrow. Capt Mike guides for cats and bass. What tide did you have and what presentations did you try? I'm going to fish some creeks and see if they are feeding on outgoing tide. Topwater and flipping trick worms on grass edges have been working for me lately.
Old 07-19-10, 08:17 PM   #5
XIntel007

I tried top water (Frog) first and got a hit but lost the frog to a poorly tied on hook. It was my last one. I did try a floating worm but didn't get anything. I stayed in the grasses and around the pads most of the day. I thought about trying deep water and even tried a medium depth Rapala in an area my fish finder said was full of fish. Nothing. I also worked the shaky head Sinko and multiple colors and shapes of worms. The tournament guys said they only got bites on top water. Knew I should have bought more frogs.
Old 07-21-10, 09:07 AM   #6
3dkicker

Fished last of outgoing and incoming tide yesrerday. Only one topwater bite. Caught first on floating worm and another t-rigged senko. Shook off a few on super hog. My friend caught one on shallow crank, two on chatter bait, and hit a 5.4 on a senko. All fish were relating to grass or pads next to the creek channel. Next time out try one of the many feeder creeks and work the edges.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.