Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-10, 11:04 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My Cabela's Score

I just ordered a Quantum Catalyst PT Burner 7:0:1 , and a Quantum Superlite PT rod 6'6" Mh fast action , all for $205.00 thats with shipping and tax ( apparently theres a Cabellas in Indiana ) On Quantum's website this order would have been $369.90 without shipping. O yeah, theres also a promotion , I get a Strike King KVD sexy shad kit for $7.95 ( covers shipping) Good deal ? I have never bought Quantum products , but these pieces I ordered had a good feedback from customers..Can't wait to try this combo out.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 11:13 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congrats on the spending spree CMorg. I'm sure your going to enjoy the new equipment. If Quantum is ok for KVD, I'm sure it's ok for the rest of us. And yeah, we do have a Cabelas in Indiana, about 25 minutes from my house!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 11:29 PM   #3
CMorg

Yeah , the lady on the other end said it was in Hammond ? I live down south , so the drive would have been kinda far. But , if I like this set up I may drive there to get another before their all gone.
Old 07-15-10, 11:30 PM   #4
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Those Superlites are the bomb. They're really sensitive and strong - the guides are double footed so they'll stay in place well.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 10:30 AM   #5
MIbasser

Nice job CMorg! That would make for a killer spinnerbait combo.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 11:46 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
And yeah, we do have a Cabelas in Indiana, about 25 minutes from my house!
Sorry to be a hater, but yes, I hate you right now, Keith.

Sounds like a nice setup, CMorg. And I agree...while Quantum might not have a high end appeal, I'm sure it works.
Old 07-16-10, 02:25 PM   #7
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I love Cabela's. I was in the Michigan store. Quite awesome. Next time I'm not gonna bring the wife! I only spent 145.00. I would have at least doubled that had I been there myself. Congrats
on your new rod and reel, sounds like a winner.
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 02:42 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Congrats on the awesome deal man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0943 View Post
I love Cabela's. I was in the Michigan store. Quite awesome. Next time I'm not gonna bring the wife! I only spent 145.00. I would have at least doubled that had I been there myself. Congrats
on your new rod and reel, sounds like a winner.
If you think that Cabela's is awesome, you need to check out the BPS in Detroit (Auburn Hills) or the one in Toledo (Rossford). Both of those Bass Pro stores beat the crap out of the Dundee Cabela's when it comes to fishing stuff. There are a couple more reasons I'm not a big cabela's fan either... but now's not the time for those, lol.

BB
Old 07-17-10, 07:50 PM   #9
Bassboss

Sounds good Cmorg! Hope ya like your stuff! lemme know the reel balances the rod... I've been eye balling the same combo. It's that or a HSTA, or XLM combo.

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-17-10 at 08:05 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 08:27 PM   #10
keithdog

[QUOTE=nofearengineer;306696]Sorry to be a hater, but yes, I hate you right now, Keith.

Dabbing the tears from my eyes, So sorry man!!!!! I also have a BPS and Gander, and Dicks in less than half an hour from my house too. Bwaaaahhaaahhaaaaaaaa
Old 07-17-10, 08:30 PM   #11
keithdog

The funny thing is the first Cabelas is located in Sydney Nebraska. I've been to the Cabelas in Omaha. Great, right??? NOOOO it really sucked!!!
Old 07-19-10, 06:50 AM   #12
tim4081
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I picked up one of the Catalyst earlier this year when they had them at 89.99....its a great deal for a very good reel. At first I was concerned about the adjustability for the brakes as there are only four settings but I've found I set it at one point above free spool and never touch it....just adjust spool tension for lure weight and its fine...very, very few issues with line. The reel is very smooth and has a great drag. I'm sure you'll like it.

Let us know how you like the rod....I might be in the market for one myself (the monkey is whispering in my ear again).
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 03:01 PM   #13
CMorg

Tim , and everyone else , the rod is fanfuggintastic extremely sensitive. I set the hook on everything in the lake , and once I finally had a strike on trigged worm it was obvious I got a hit. I just ordered another one , but they are sold out of the MH , so i ordered a M. I also ordered another Catalyst PT , I didnt notice it as being fantastic like the rod , but for 89.99 it is worth every penny of that. Not as good of a reel as my Shimano Curado , but it is half the price.

Last edited by CMorg; 07-23-10 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.