Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-04, 08:17 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the weather has still been unbelievable. The fishing is still good. The fish are schooling in some areas off and on. Spinner baits, lipless crank baits, small crank baits, and top water are all working to catch fish early till about 10 or 11 o‘clock.
The Wave Tiki Stick and Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag fished weightless either Texas or wacky style has been very productive. Texas and Carolina rigs fished along the grass and out on the main lake points and deep humps are also good producers. The grass continues to hold on and continues to grow. Many pockets are completely covered out to ten feet deep. This is grass like in the 90’s. There are still some areas where the grass is not present. Once again you can throw almost anything you like to throw and catch a few fish. Get and early start for top water unless it is cloudy. Keep a top water or a lipless crank bait tied on for the schooling fish. The crappie are biting pretty good out in 25 to thirty feet of water suspended down about 16 to 18 feet. Small jigs cast out about 18 feet and let sink slowly will get you a good mess. If minnows is your thing just drop the minnow to about twenty feet and slow reel up to you come into contact with the fish. You can cast out and let them sink slowly like jig fishing but this will kill them soon.
Remember this is the last weekend you can fish on your old license. If you can figure out the new ones you might be a lawyer. Since I don’t hunt or fish salt water I guess I got all I need for about $28. Still this is cheap entertainment for a whole year. So don’t forget to get your license renewed.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.