Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-06, 05:59 PM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default How to catch the biggestest bass???

I got this lake, its got some water in it, its got depth, and a bottom to the lake. i should use pink or purple worms cause the color is different and make the bass interested in it. but should I use braid or fluro because the fish grow big, and you know how weeds are. theres trees at the lake but only on the shore cause they don't grow in the water. should I use braid in the deep water since it would have to get through all that water? wouldn't the braid get weak when it gets wet, cause a cotton ball kinda falls apart after its been wet awhile. I was gonna carolina rig it and even considered texas rigging it, but I'm in florida and don't know where mojo is. i was told by the guy at the bait store to use worms. they were $3 a pack, so i went to the grocery store next door and got some gummy worms instead, they had an awsome action, texture, and tasted pretty dang good too. so anyway, based on what I told yall, where exactly should I cast? Which weed line? Can you tell me what depths they'll be when its certain temperatures out. If the wind is blowing from the east which color crankbait should I use? i like to use deer carcas for chum, the bass see it as structure, plus after its been sitting in the sun for a few days it form maggots and bugs and that makes the bluegill happy and bluegill attract bass. So what time of the day should I fish?
Old 07-11-06, 06:05 PM   #2
FlyRod

Unhappy Biggestest?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
I got this lake, its got some water in it, its got depth, and a bottom to the lake. i should use pink or purple worms cause the color is different and make the bass interested in it. but should I use braid or fluro because the fish grow big, and you know how weeds are. theres trees at the lake but only on the shore cause they don't grow in the water. should I use braid in the deep water since it would have to get through all that water? wouldn't the braid get weak when it gets wet, cause a cotton ball kinda falls apart after its been wet awhile. I was gonna carolina rig it and even considered texas rigging it, but I'm in florida and don't know where mojo is. i was told by the guy at the bait store to use worms. they were $3 a pack, so i went to the grocery store next door and got some gummy worms instead, they had an awsome action, texture, and tasted pretty dang good too. so anyway, based on what I told yall, where exactly should I cast? Which weed line? Can you tell me what depths they'll be when its certain temperatures out. If the wind is blowing from the east which color crankbait should I use? i like to use deer carcas for chum, the bass see it as structure, plus after its been sitting in the sun for a few days it form maggots and bugs and that makes the bluegill happy and bluegill attract bass. So what time of the day should I fish?
Right after Remedial English Class.

F. Rod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 06:22 PM   #3
Rodman_Rob

naw, I skip that class so i can fish.
Old 07-11-06, 06:26 PM   #4
pig n jig

If I were Kevin, I would automatically deduct 1,097 post off from your stats to set an example for the rest of us to follow. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 06:27 PM   #5
FlyRod

Quote:
naw, I skip that class so i can fish.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident."

FR
Old 07-11-06, 06:29 PM   #6
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
If I were Kevin, I would automatically deduct 1,097 post offfrom your stats to set an example for the rest of us to follow. P N J
GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Old 07-11-06, 06:34 PM   #7
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey Rob? Whats the best lure for bass?
Old 07-11-06, 06:37 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

power pro, definately power pro. I used to win the bassmasters classic all the time using power pro, course that was back before it was even out in stores, they came to me and said we heard you get hung up a lot, we want you to ruin some hooks.....errr.....try some of this hear line, and thats how I helped develop Power Pro.
Old 07-11-06, 06:38 PM   #9
Rodman_Rob

i also like to dead stick dynamite on a 6/0, seems to work pretty good, kinda messy in shallow water.
Old 07-11-06, 06:38 PM   #10
FlyRod

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
But only for the biggestest ones!

FR
Old 07-11-06, 06:39 PM   #11
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod
But only for the biggestest ones!

FR
i think you need to start taking that remedial english class that I keep skipping
Old 07-11-06, 06:40 PM   #12
pig n jig

Why is the sky blue ?
Old 07-11-06, 06:41 PM   #13
Rodman_Rob

because most of the world is ocean and its reflected from the ozone, clouds are just reflections of the land. thats why you usually have bluebird skys when on big lakes.
Old 07-11-06, 06:41 PM   #14
WTL

Well wtl I went to the pond across th street 1 day and cot a 14 pound smallmouth on a fly pooper only this 1 had a 3 pointedd hook on it cuz its made for buig smalles but you havwe to be careful to use good line i like shakespeare line it only 2 bucks a spool at walmart and you can tie up a lot of caine poles with it
Old 07-11-06, 06:42 PM   #15
JB

um rob,
I had have this same problem and just wondered when you see one of these stickups which one to throw to first i mean theres so many of them and stuff but then again when I tie that knot on my lure I forget to
aim my trolling motor to the place them stickups are then I just have to start over
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 06:47 PM   #16
Rodman_Rob

jb, next time drain all the water out first, then you can see which stickups are holding the most fish, works like a charm.
Old 07-11-06, 06:49 PM   #17
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Well wtl I went to the pond across th street 1 day and cot a 14 pound smallmouth on a fly pooper only this 1 had a 3 pointedd hook on it cuz its made for buig smalles but you havwe to be careful to use good line i like shakespeare line it only 2 bucks a spool at walmart and you can tie up a lot of caine poles with it
fly pooper? does it fly above the water and poop and the fish just follows the poopy trail? do you need to add scent or does it have a natural poop smell?
Old 07-11-06, 07:10 PM   #18
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Whiz bang. Next question....
Old 07-11-06, 07:28 PM   #19
JB

ok rob wheres the plug for the drain, but better yet what is the best crankbait to use at 9:07 in the morning cus my mom only lets me fish at the time only .
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 08:25 PM   #20
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
ok rob wheres the plug for the drain, but better yet what is the best crankbait to use at 9:07 in the morning cus my mom only lets me fish at the time only .
its your lake, how in the world do you expect me to know where the hell the drain is, sheesh. Actually, I wouldn't use a crankbait at 9:07, bass won't feed at 9:07, better get some hotdogs and bread though cause bluegill love to feed at 9:07.
Old 07-11-06, 08:50 PM   #21
HulaPopr

id like ta no how i can get sponsered cuz i gots a frend who is sponsered by whiz-bang and he sez all ya gotta do is be real good at fishin once i saw him catch 5 20 pound bass out of a pond just down the street but my mom wont let me fish their becuz she sez that theirs a big ol' gator their so what should i do to fish good
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 08:54 PM   #22
WTL

i wuz wondering if any of you know byron velvick because every1 sez he is the best fisher alive
Old 07-11-06, 09:12 PM   #23
pig n jig

WTL, You remembered Maria ? Well I was going to go fishing , but I didn't because I didn't want to get tired out fishing, so I channel surfed the satellite dish for an hour instead.Nothing was on, so I went out climbed in my boat and practiced pitchin to the lilac bushes in the yard.I didn't catch nothing though. What do you think I did wrong ?Too many presentations to the same targets.Wouldn't it be cool if that were the pattern for the day.JB, can U see my yard from where your at ? What is the yardage to the bushes from my boat ?I have got to work on boat control for pitchin. P N J
Old 07-11-06, 09:21 PM   #24
Christopherkeene9

wat bout some sope on them ther worms and lures cuz i cant catch nothin on my pond down the road her and i wanna get spozerd so i can catch mo them ther fish down the other roed

homer
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 10:18 PM   #25
FlyRod

Wink

Quote:
i think you need to start taking that remedial english class that I keep skipping
You're contagious!

FR

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.