Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-11, 07:23 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Dag nabit!!!!

Ya know, sometimes it seems like old mother nature just hates us fisherman. Our lakes have been ice free for a month now and I've had the boat out only once, and that was a day most guys wouldn't have wanted to be out there. Cold with spotted showers. Every weekend is the same. Cold, windy, rain, COLD, thunderstorms, gusting winds, on and on. Tonights forecast is severe thunderstorms untill morning, then partly cloudy but winds between 30-40 mph. So I guess I won't be getting out this weekend either as Sunday is Easter and I'll be home with my family. Not complaining about that of course. At this rate I think I'm going to have to wait till our get together at Wheeler in May to enjoy warm spring fishing. This spring really sucks big time. There now.....I feel better. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-22-11, 07:28 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i feel your pain been same here . or water so high and swift you can even launch boat. i am going to tgry in am wish me luck
Old 04-22-11, 07:49 PM   #3
Apt79
BassFishin.Com Member

You know keith its the same weather over here, you just get it first. The weather has been terrible but it has made the fishing good. It seems like they have been holding in that 10ft range for weeks. Remember last year when it went from 35 degrees to 80 and stayed there till fall. That made fishing tuff. If you can deal with the weather their bittin.
Apt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 07:59 PM   #4
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Ya know, sometimes it seems like old mother nature just hates us fisherman. Our lakes have been ice free for a month now . . .
Maybe Mother Nature is just making you wait for me so you don't get too far ahead!

We got our cabin opened last weekend and are now patiently waiting for ice-out. Hopefully it will be gone by next weekend so we can put the dock, lift and boat in the water and maybe try a little crappie fishing. Only 36 more days until bass season opens!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 10:30 PM   #5
bamabassman

LMBO!!! hey keith i feel ya pal. but if oyu have to wait till may, oyu gonna be HOT!!! it is getting to be in the high 80's around here already. mornings are around 60 something now. rain, wind is EVERYDAY. i too am gonna see if i can brave the wind (15-20 mph). doubt if i can.

as for wheeler, the levels have been up and down from all the snow melting and the rains form the storms. hope it levels off in the next month.
Old 04-22-11, 11:25 PM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Ya know, sometimes it seems like old mother nature just hates us fisherman. Our lakes have been ice free for a month now and I've had the boat out only once, and that was a day most guys wouldn't have wanted to be out there. Cold with spotted showers. Every weekend is the same. Cold, windy, rain, COLD, thunderstorms, gusting winds, on and on. Tonights forecast is severe thunderstorms untill morning, then partly cloudy but winds between 30-40 mph. So I guess I won't be getting out this weekend either as Sunday is Easter and I'll be home with my family. Not complaining about that of course. At this rate I think I'm going to have to wait till our get together at Wheeler in May to enjoy warm spring fishing. This spring really sucks big time. There now.....I feel better. Thanks for listening.
x2 to everything you said there brother!

Spring need to spring!
Old 04-23-11, 11:02 AM   #7
ted4800
BassFishin.Com Member

Share your pain Brother , I live just outside of Mooresville, In, I have been on vacation this week and due to Mother Natures furry havent been able to get out once this hear, been a damned long winter, Yuk.
ted4800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.