Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-11, 04:07 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Just Watched

Just saw replay of the FLW Walmart Guentersville Tournament. What surprised me, all but one of the top ten were all throwing Alabamas, not just Elias.
What didn't surprise me was how worn out all the top ten were from flipping (long casting) this rig for 3-days. They almost couldn't find the energy to get up into the leaders chair.
Anyway a person got to see different casting techniques used. One guy said rigged, the Alabama he was using weighted 6-7ozs. Casting this rig is the challenge. Everyone, with out exception were just tossing and reeling. I'm sure different speeds were used. Oh and things slowed for Elias for a period. So he reached down and changed his HYDROWAVE to schooling shad frequency, caught bass very next cast. (ya I know it's TV and maybe it wasn't really his next cast) Ya but the guy had it running on some frequency all day. I think the pros are using this thing more than is being talked about. I mean Elais is an old timer, if he's using it my hunch is alot of others are too!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 05:07 PM   #2
kennethdaysale

Joe they don't have to be that heavy..I've never thrown one but my Ga friend I mentioned uses a 1/2 oz head with nothing on the terminal ends but hooks and grubs/flukes. He kills um on it.
Old 12-04-11, 06:00 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

this is interesting kenneth and joe. i am wondering if maybe jsut putting a spinnerleaf on and then a hook.....make it like real light as possible? but the willow leafs will "look" like shad?
Old 12-04-11, 06:41 PM   #4
Jrob78

I know there is a real push in the rod building world to take full advantage of this craze with Alabama rig rods. Common wisdom is to use swimbait blanks capable of casting baits in the 2-6oz range. These blanks are meant for lobbing heavy swimbaits and have a moderate action necessary for retrieving and more importantly, casting heavy baits. Some guys also use Musky blanks but they are a lot heavier than comparable swimbait blanks. I know Elias and most of the other guys in that tournament were probably using flipping sticks, that would partially explain their fatigue. You really have to have the right tool for the job when throwing such heavy baits all day.

I haven't watched the FLW highlights of the tournament yet but I do have it on my DVR, I record all the tournaments. The Hydrowave deal is the real thing, at least from a plausibility aspect. The pros really believe in the technology, take that for what it's worth. KVD and Jeff Kriet are partial owners of the company and I would guess that at least half the pro crowd have them on their boats.
Old 12-04-11, 08:11 PM   #5
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Rigs

Who is selling these units and what type of price.
Old 12-04-11, 08:48 PM   #6
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbasser View Post
Who is selling these units and what type of price.
This isn't the first product of this nature, just the one that is popular right now.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Hydro...age-HWEFS.html
Old 12-04-11, 08:58 PM   #7
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

thanks for the info: how about the rigs they were fishing?
Old 12-04-11, 09:01 PM   #8
joedog

Default Another Site

http://www.outdoorproshop.com/HydroWave-Fish-Attractant-Sound-System-p/hydrowave.htm
We briefly talked about it here. I don't know how to paste from search or I would. Thread title is: Wow, what you stumble upon when bored. It was a pretty good conversation.
Old 12-04-11, 09:06 PM   #9
joedog

Default This is from KVD himself.

http://anglerschannel.com/content/kvd-talks-hydro-wave
Old 12-04-11, 09:11 PM   #10
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
http://www.outdoorproshop.com/HydroWave-Fish-Attractant-Sound-System-p/hydrowave.htm
We briefly talked about it here. I don't know how to paste from search or I would. Thread title is: Wow, what you stumble upon when bored. It was a pretty good conversation.
This is the thread Joe is referring to.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 09:29 PM   #11
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbasser View Post
thanks for the info: how about the rigs they were fishing?
http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/its-n...ts-alabama-rig

There are tons of articles and tons of copies of this bait out there. It is definitely the biggest thing to hit bass fishing in a while.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.