Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-11, 07:06 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default one of those days.......one of those days

i know we have all had them, oyu know what i am talking aobut right? one of THOSE days. well..........i had one of THOSE DAYS today gang.

it started out as a good day i thought. gonna get a few things done and get ready for the weekend fish fry i am having here saturday, my side of the fmaily is coming up. gonna combine it into a birthday/fathers day (today is my fathers birthday) fish fry. most of my side of the family is gonna be here. got the fish and stuff so it is a go on that.

now here is where things got sorta crazy, messed up or whatever 'murphy's law' does to us at one point or another.

a tree fell over on my in-laws yard from the other property, so we go to clear it up.it's a huge pine, nice and straight. so i go over to se if pa-in-law wants me to load it on my trailer and take to my co-workers house to be cut up into some lumber. he says naaa at first. so i said ok, i'll load it anyway and do it myself. wel he thinks it over and says yeah, see what it'll cut to be. so i load it up and take it. it'll cost no more than 60-70 bucks to have it cut ionto 2x4's running 12' long. around 2-3 bucks each. very good deal i think. pa-in-law is thinking it is too high,lol. so i called the lowes and other building supply stores and find out it's round 2 bucks cheaper to have the tree cut up. so he says ok, do it. so this turned out great.

now then, lisa's trailblazer needed the serpintine belt changed out. over 200,00 miles on the original belt. yep, change it out. belt cost 42 bucks. OUCH! so her dad goes to change it out for her cause i am at work. no problem i am thinking, it's simple to do. well he went to put the bar in the tensioner bolt and goes to pulling it. SNAP! the friggin bolt breaks off. *&^%!!!! her dad is so pissed off aobut, poor man. i just laughed about it. told lisa to tell him it would've happened to me also. heck, i probably would've broke the bracket too. so the bolt si in there and you can't get in there with a drill to drill it out and put an easy out bit in. so we ahd to have it towed to a shop to have it doen. 4 hrs later and over a 150 bucks it is fixed. and to top it off, her a/c keeps quiting on her. her brother in law down in mobile put a 45 dollar switch on it thinking that was the problem. nope....quit 3 times on her way back home. and the shop was so busy, they said to bring it back in 3 days to have them look at the a/c. now we are out around $200.00 right now. take sthe bait monkey to eh shed for a arse whooping right now.

and i....ME.....tried to replace the blade belt on our little mower. stretched out the old belt. so i go get a new belt and put it on. now the *&%$ blades won't engage at ALL. i did something rong. threaded it wrong or maybe one of the pulleys is bad.....something! so i gotta tear into it tomorrow........AGAIN!

on top of all this...i am texting lisa and daniel (thsnks for trying to help me buddy) and getting all the bad news. we are paving one ot he busiest streets in town. folks cussing us out left and right. getting int he way when we are trying to back a load of 350-375 degree asphalt in trucks with NO a/c. outside temps are in the 90's with i don't know heat indexes.

WHEW!!! WHAT A DAY!!!

but hey, i made it through. tomorrwo may be worse or better. but i will make it through.

when i got home i jsut looked at lisa, her mom and dad.......and jsut laughed and said. want ot repeat it tomorrow? i thought they were gonna scalp me right then and there. but they just shook their heads and laughed too.

the moral of this story is this. no matter how rough oyur day is.........smile and laugh gang. tomorrow could be worse. or better. no matter what tomorrow brings, laugh about it. it's jsut another day. a day you won't ever get again. enjoy it while oyu are here. that is what life is all about. have fun if oyu can. i know somedays oyu jsut can't. but if oyu try, you just might have fun having a bad day.

i am home now, and it is all over.....for now anyway, hahahaha.

gonna eat some supper, take a bath. and get ready for tomorrow. smiling and laughing all the while. cause it's GONNA be a good day no matter what.
Old 06-15-11, 01:58 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01

I admire your positive attitude John, I seriously do. I am trying very hard not to let things like this get to me, I have always been somewhat of a hot head and when Britney and I got married 8 years ago I started working on my temper and have made great strides. However I still have problems with handling all the curveballs that life throws my way.

If I were you I would stop messing around with that Trailblazer and put the little lady in a Titan
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 07:22 AM   #3
keithdog

Thats a pretty rough day John. But better you than me, bwahahaha. JK man, I hope it's all uphill for you now pal. Like Kory said, I admire your possitive attitude. That goes a long way in dealing with days like that.
Old 06-15-11, 08:11 AM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Good morale to a story John. Whenever everything is falling down around me, I just try to stop for a minute and remember that someone in the world has it worse than me and I pray for them.
Old 06-15-11, 09:39 AM   #5
rrw4258

John, you are doing the right thing by making a postivite out of all of this. Not many people could look on the bright side of things, like you do. Keep on keppin' on.

Ryan
Old 06-15-11, 11:24 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

John, that really does suck, but like everyone said, keep up the positive attitude.

As for the belt on your mower, there is probably a tension spring. Besides replacing the $55 belt on our 5' mowing deck, we've had to replace the tension spring once after it broke.

BB
Old 06-15-11, 02:26 PM   #7
MIbasser

Man, that's not a good day. GO FISH!!!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 06:33 PM   #8
Cavs1123

HAHAH I like MIbassers solution, it fixes EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 06-15-11, 08:10 PM   #9
bamabassman

well thank oyu fellas. it ocntinued today when i got home though. lisa's dad fixed the mower and i got on it to cut the grass. whaddaya know........i hit a root that was sticking up out of the ground and bent the deck. lisa said to jsut get off and wait till tomorrow but i was determined to cut the grass today. so i cut it. gonna take a look at it tomorrow and see what else i busted up. murphy has his law book so far up my arse it ain't funny no more. gonna hang that dude when i get my hands on him.

but i try to keep a stiff upper lip for real. after all...it's jsut life.
Old 06-15-11, 08:19 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Could've been worse John. After you bent the mower, Lisa could said, "Here's a pair of scissors, finish cutting the grass with them!"

BB
Old 06-15-11, 09:09 PM   #11
nobass

some days you eat the bear others he eats you. but anyday you wake up on the green side of the grass its a good day.
Old 06-15-11, 09:24 PM   #12
Bassboss

hahaha! Sounds like one of them day for sure john! Hope tommorow terns out better for ya bed, lol. Good luck with the lawn mower. Personally I can't wait till ours (even though brand new) breaks down. My dad did lawn maintenance back in the day, so he'll says he's show me how to disassemble and reassemble a lawn mower engine, when it does!

And yeah, we can't do nothing about it but pray, so might as well laugh about it!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.