Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-11, 10:25 AM   #37
Fish30114
BassFishin.Com Active Member

docirv, I have a few Shimano Stradics myself, and they are my favorite spinning reels. I fish heavy for spinning reels line a lot, simply because some of the styles I fish with these reels will yield a really large bass sometimes, and I don't want to be trying to land a really big boy with 8 or even 10 lb flouro/mono/copolymer...so I fish with 12 and even 14 on some of these rigs, which makes me a little more prone to 'twist' issues. Thus my curiousity about the wave spins. I did look at the US reels and their wider spool seems to have some merit as well, in both cases I am genuinely curious as to how BIG a difference their really is between something like one of my Stradics, and a US Reel or a Wavespin....I really think that if the Wavespin was THAT big of a difference the majors would step up and pay a license fee to produce it...in the rifle world everyone dissed them, but in the end all the majors make (and pay a license fee to do so) the WSM line of cartridges (a hybrid type rifle cartridge) I also think if they were that significant of an improvement, you would see the KVD's of the world using them...
Fish30114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.