Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-12, 10:07 PM   #26
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Haven't caught em good on a spinnerbait since I lived in florida... these wisconsin bass just aint the same! Love catchin em on a spinnerbait too.
Keep at it Sam. I used to slay'em in MN back in the day.
Old 01-12-12, 10:27 PM   #27
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
ETX could you please expound on your method of slow rolling a buzzbait just under the surface. I have never heard of retrieving one that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
me either...but in my heart if i thought that would be productive i'd prob just tie on a spinnerbait..............
Not sure how ETX does it, but I have a friend who often fishes his buzzbaits so the buzzer is just under the surface of the water making a real small wake on the surface, but not actually "buzzing"...if that makes any sense.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 02:35 AM   #28
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
ETX could you please expound on your method of slow rolling a buzzbait just under the surface. I have never heard of retrieving one that way.
A retrieve just fast enough sub-surface to keep it from fouling in the abundance of vegetation and minimize the efforts of the dink/s chasing it down.
Old 01-13-12, 11:21 AM   #29
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Keep at it Sam. I used to slay'em in MN back in the day.
Works great in Michigan, shouldn't be much different in Wiscy.
You'll get em Sam!
Old 01-18-12, 09:17 PM   #30
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Hee Hee. Not quite. Will be just a little north of central MN. We are way down in southern MN now, only about 30 minutes from the MN-IA border.

This is the lake we spend all our vacation time on from mid-April through mid-October every year now and where we'll retire to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Beautiful! And I thought central Fla had lots of water..that's an insane amount of lakes nearby. I have seen those In-fisherman guys film some absolutely incredible trips at Leech Lake, if your lake is anything like that you've got it licked.
I'm sure Leech and its 100,000+ acres is a better fishery than the ~1,500 acre lake we're on (Lake Belle Taine), but we seem to do ok. We caught 988 fish out of our cabin last year in 4+ months of various trips up there. We run a "resort" of sorts out of our place, with family or friends up there with us on almost every trip. I am the unofficial fishing guide, taking many of our guests out fishing during their stay. Many of them are newbies to fishing, so it is fun to try to put them on some fish. 30 different guests caught at least one fish (bass/pike/walleye) last year, our best year ever! Supposedly there are over 400 lakes within a 25 mile radius of Park Rapids, the nearest town to us.
Old 01-19-12, 12:14 AM   #31
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
I'm sure Leech and its 100,000+ acres is a better fishery than the ~1,500 acre lake we're on (Lake Belle Taine), but we seem to do ok. We caught 988 fish out of our cabin last year in 4+ months of various trips up there. We run a "resort" of sorts out of our place, with family or friends up there with us on almost every trip. I am the unofficial fishing guide, taking many of our guests out fishing during their stay. Many of them are newbies to fishing, so it is fun to try to put them on some fish. 30 different guests caught at least one fish (bass/pike/walleye) last year, our best year ever! Supposedly there are over 400 lakes within a 25 mile radius of Park Rapids, the nearest town to us.
Hey WB, have you ever fished Cass Lake? I've been there several times and there are amazing fishing opps there. There are 3 islands. One of those islands has a lake about 100 acres in size. The bass fishing on that island lake was fantastic! It's been a long time since I've been there, so don't know if it's changed. I hope not. HUGE musky in that island lake as well as in Cass also. And the narrows between the mainland and the islands is loaded with walleye after dark! Of course, there are many species worth persuing in Cass Lake.
Old 01-19-12, 12:28 AM   #32
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Hey WB, have you ever fished Cass Lake? I've been there several times and there are amazing fishing opps there. There are 3 islands. One of those islands has a lake about 100 acres in size. The bass fishing on that island lake was fantastic! It's been a long time since I've been there, so don't know if it's changed. I hope not. HUGE musky in that island lake as well as in Cass also. And the narrows between the mainland and the islands is loaded with walleye after dark! Of course, there are many species worth persuing in Cass Lake.
Nope, have only had our place up there 3+ seasons now and have never left "our" lake yet. It's way too easy when you can walk across the yard to the dock, push a button to lower the boat off the lift and start fishing immediately vs. having to drive it to the public access, trailer it and head off somewhere else. Maybe someday though!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.