Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-12, 10:37 AM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fish Attractant vs Insurance

What does auto insurance have in common with fish attractants? Over the top and contradicting claims. I mean someone has to be the "best" and someone has to be the "worst". Customers saved an average of $251 by switching to Progressive--Geico--State Farm--21st Century--Allstate--The General? Somebody has got to be full of crap. At some point one of these Co.'s will not only honor your claim but will send you a check for $200 every month!

Buy and use........Bio-Edge--Pro-Cure--Smelly Jelly--Kickin Bass--Yum F2--Mr. Goop--Megastrike--Bang--Fish Formula--Powerbait--Trigger-X--Baitmate--Carolina Lunker Sauce--Dr. Juice's Super Juice..and fish will bite and hold on 4x--8x--16x longer than other scents. It's just a matter of time before we'll have to carry a club or stun gun to unhook a fish.
Old 01-29-12, 10:54 AM   #2
joedog

Wording scam
Key words ' Customers.....switching '
Doesn't say how many people checked and found out that they were more expensive..so didn't become customers .
Why would you actually switch otherwise?
Old 01-29-12, 11:10 AM   #3
lilmule

Well for insurance wouldnt switch,have progressive and just keep 100/300 on the other guy,as have an older boat,and do need it to fish a few T.Quite reasonable under 200 a year for a 1990 allison 2002 that will run70- mid 70s with any 150 made,80+ with my 200, sixties with an antique 140-160 per year for it.
Think most get unreasonable for full coverage like over 400 a year for an old ranger,age does have something to do with it,yet the payoff wont buy another outboard let alone bb.
Thus full coverage its not worth it unless fairly new.One must pay for ones own mistakes thus dont make many.
As for scents generally use just some dipping dye like on tails which has garlic,most of what we buy anymore has salt etc impregnated.And hand pour some so include the kit sink in those.Salt ,garlic,roadkill possum etc.
One of those I cringe when advertizing,got nailed once while sitting still and the good hands people didnt represent me one bit and as a result had to even argue about the battery called me up and said wouldnt start,and insurance (theirs) didnt want to cover it,lol ,no didnt tow mine off was only new truck I ever bought and drove like a crab for the remainder I owned it.Good hands my a$$

Last edited by lilmule; 01-29-12 at 11:17 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 04:10 AM   #4
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'll stick with the original tried and true attractants, Tobacco spit and WD-40. '
Old 01-31-12, 11:04 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstech View Post
I'll stick with the original tried and true attractants, Tobacco spit and WD-40. '
I never could swallow the wd-40 theory (idn't it a petroleum product?) but I used to brim fish with an old man that had to spit on his cricket.
Old 01-31-12, 01:16 PM   #6
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I never could swallow the wd-40 theory (idn't it a petroleum product?) but I used to brim fish with an old man that had to spit on his cricket.
My crickets always seem to spit back...only at the other end. Hoppers are even worse!
Old 01-31-12, 03:25 PM   #7
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I know the original post was in jest.....

With car insurance, what we did a few months ago was called and checked with all the major companies. State Farm kept jacking up our rates every time we needed to pay (every 6 months), so finally after it going up over $100 per year in the past 3 years (up $300 per year from where it was despite having zero claims and same vehicle), we shopped around and Geico had the best coverage and rates, which was close to what we were originally paying 3 years ago, and had the same coverage plus a few things.

As for the lures and attractants, its all sales pitches and advertising. Most of them have close to the same ingredients and only work in places where fish like those scents.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 07:56 PM   #8
kennethdaysale

Power Team Lures knew they nailed it when they were able to fish with baits soaked in the formula, and gently reel bass back to the boat without ever setting the hook.................click the Hog Tonic banner above for full text! Looks like they've either got PITA or Peter Pan writing their ad campaign.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.