Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-12, 12:20 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Have an idea to remember Zooker.

Every year many of the guys and gals in here try to have a get together where we spend a few days sharing some great times together fishing, eatting, cracking jokes and telling stories. Last year was my first time to go to one of these get togethers. It was one of the best times I've ever had. Anyways, I had an idea come to me today. How about we just make it an annual thing every year, which it already is, and honer a dear departed friend of ours at the same time. Lets just call it the Annual Zooker Fest. Everyone would know exactly what were talking about and it would help to preserve Zookers memory. Who knows what it could grow into. We could even have tee shirts with Zooker Fest on it with our buddys grinning face below it. And on the back the words "NUFF SAID". It could have contests, prizes, the ideas are endless. It could even be used to draw in new members. Zooker loved cookin on the grill. So we could have a grilling contest for the best grilled foods. Who knows. Anyways, I just thought I'd throw that out there and see what you all thought about the idea of naming the get together Zooker Fest.
Old 01-31-12, 12:42 AM   #2
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I think that is a fantastic idea Keith.
One thing you left out though...can't have Zookerfest without the Sam Adams
Old 01-31-12, 01:05 AM   #3
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I think that is a fantastic idea Keith.
One thing you left out though...can't have Zookerfest without the Sam Adams
Well that can be easily remedied Mike.
Old 01-31-12, 11:36 AM   #4
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Well that can be easily remedied Mike.

Sho nuff!!!!
Old 01-31-12, 11:41 AM   #5
WTL

What would zooker think of zooker fest?
Old 01-31-12, 11:46 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Keith,

in honor of Zookerfest, I am going to have to call you and talk about it for a couple of hours.
Old 01-31-12, 11:57 AM   #7
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So Keith since YOU suggested it, if we adopt "ZOOKERFEST" that means you MUST be in attnedance at the Hollow come May 10th to officially kick it off. No getting around it, you are committed, your idea. NFE is actually hosting the event, but I'm certain he'd let you crack the first Sam Adams and officially open the proceedings. I am making the OFFICIAL MOTION to so name our gathering at Dale Hollow - ZOOKERFEST #1,.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 12:03 PM   #8
MississippiBoy

Missing this is going to absolutely KILL poor John and Lisa....
Old 01-31-12, 12:06 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
So Keith since YOU suggested it, if we adopt "ZOOKERFEST" that means you MUST be in attnedance at the Hollow come May 10th to officially kick it off. No getting around it, you are committed, your idea. NFE is actually hosting the event, but I'm certain he'd let you crack the first Sam Adams and officially open the proceedings. I am making the OFFICIAL MOTION to so name our gathering at Dale Hollow - ZOOKERFEST #1,.
Now Bruce, there's no reason to call it #1. Just like there was technically no Super Bowl I or II, it didn't stop them from starting with III. So this would actually be V or VI. Someone will have to tell me how many events we have actually had.
Old 01-31-12, 12:30 PM   #10
MississippiBoy

Quote:
I am making the OFFICIAL MOTION to so name our gathering at Dale Hollow - ZOOKERFEST #1,.
I second the motion. All in favor, say "Aye."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Now Bruce, there's no reason to call it #1. Just like there was technically no Super Bowl I or II, it didn't stop them from starting with III. So this would actually be V or VI. Someone will have to tell me how many events we have actually had.
The first one was in '08, at Guntersville. We've had one every year since then, except for technically 2010, when only a few of you made it. But I'd still say this is #5.
Old 01-31-12, 12:34 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Since they are involving themselves with our events, I think it would be a nice thing to ask his mother and sister if that's okay with them before anything else. I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but you never know with this sort of thing.
Old 01-31-12, 02:10 PM   #12
MississippiBoy

I texted John to ask if he thought there'd be a problem, his exact words were, "Hell, no.....they'll love it!"
So I think we're in the clear.
Old 01-31-12, 03:17 PM   #13
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

as a newbie to the site, or to actually knowing people on here, i see that zooker was a great fisherman and has seemed to passed, but who was he. site founder or somone. thank you and no disrespect toward him, i just would like to know
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 07:10 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Bruce, I'll do my very best to be there, but most likely that won't be an option for me this year, and that pains me. I know it's killing John not to be able to attend too. I just hope and pray situations change that will allow all of us to be there!

Quote:
Since they are involving themselves with our events, I think it would be a nice thing to ask his mother and sister if that's okay with them before anything else. I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but you never know with this sort of thing.
I agree. Thats why I just wanted to bring up the idea and see what others thought, especially Zookers family.
Quote:
Keith,

in honor of Zookerfest, I am going to have to call you and talk about it for a couple of hours.
Just a couple hours Bryce? Well ok, but who's going to do all the talking and who's going to do all the listening?? hahahaha
Old 01-31-12, 07:31 PM   #15
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
as a newbie to the site, or to actually knowing people on here, i see that zooker was a great fisherman and has seemed to passed, but who was he. site founder or somone. thank you and no disrespect toward him, i just would like to know
Wally, Zooker Joined this site back in 04 I believe it was. He was a real character and if anyone had the pleasure of talking with him, trust me, you were in for a long conversation, haha. Zooker always had plenty to say. He was a wealth of knowledge and he loved to share that knowledge with anyone who needed guidence. And once he told you what his opinion was, he'd end his post with the words "NUFF SAID". HAHA I still get a kick out of that. He loved fishing, hunting, cooking, especially if it involved grilling and smoking meats. He loved posting photos of the meals he was making so we could all droll on our keyboards. He was a hell of a gardener too. He was witty and ALWAYS had a good comeback for everything. He was a major contributor to this website, and he LOVED bassfishing more than anything. He competed in tournaments as well. Not long before he passed on, he purchased a video cam and had it rigged on his boat to make movies while he was out on the water. How I wish we could have seen more than the few he had time to make. He made a secret lure called the Zookerstein which no one ever layed eyes on. It was his own secret lure and for years we all wondered what it was. It was a great mystery here in the forums for a long time. A couple lucky ones actually layed eyes on it. Zooker was a good old boy who made an impact on everyone who had the pleasure to know the man. Hell, I'm gettin all teary eyed just typing this about him. He was the "man" here in the forums. We looked up to him, admired him, laughed with him, shared stories with him. And we all lost one of our best friends when he left us. He'll always be missed and never forgotten by those of us who knew him.

Last edited by keithdog; 01-31-12 at 07:40 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 07:40 PM   #16
MississippiBoy

Well said, Keith. Much better than I could've done.
Old 01-31-12, 08:51 PM   #17
bamabassman

forgive me gang.........this is so special and thoughtful of ya'll, YOU especially keith. i am going to send and email telling mrs. dickerson about this re-naming of the annual get together event", ZOOKERFEST is fitting. now one thing we need to get cleared up is KEVIN'S approvel. after all this is BASSFISHIN.COM and it is kevin's site. now i don't think ol kevin will have much of a problem with it. jsut need to hear from KEVIN himself as to whether it is ok or not.

now that i got the fomalities out of the way. HE77 YES I LOVE THE IDEA. zooker along with WTL are 2 of the LONGEST AND OLDEST MEMBERS on this site. so if billy gives his ok, which i hope he does, i am all for it.
billy is about the only "old" members still active here. so i think it is only fitting to ask him gang. cool?

and yes it is truly tearing me up that we aren't going to be able to attend this year. i get (as i do now) goose bumps when i read and think aobut seeing all oyu knuckleheads again. but lisa's sister is having her cancer surgery tomorrow and we wil be tied up helping her for most of the year. so our $$ siuation is not to where we can do both. i know ya'll understand and are praying your hearts out for ginger and we thank each and every one of you.

now back to the ZOOKERFEST. keith oyu hit the nail on the head about the ol boy. cept for one thing, when he called oyu........you didn't get much of a chance to talk, instead oyu listened and laughed too much. hahaha!! i miss that voice still. and then when he was through talking, he would just say later.....and "click", he hung up. hardly had a chance to say bye. lmao!! he loved this site and everybody here. he told me he was on several sites but THIS WAS HIS HOME.

ok, now i am going to go and send the email to mrs. dickerson. and i am asking KEVIN AND BILLY FOR THIER BLESSING ON THIS. what say ya'll? i ask respectfully for a quick answer guys. and i'll tell ya'll what mrs dickerson says. if she can type through her tears that i know will flow. she will be so thankful gang, i know it.
Old 01-31-12, 09:08 PM   #18
nobass

grea idea keith. i have no problem with it. i also am bummed out about not being able to attend. i am just hope i will be able to drive up on friday night and stay sat to see all of you again. fellas if you have not been to one of these you are really missing out. last year was my first one. meant faces to names. you are not a stanger when you get there and have made life long friends when you leave. john i thinks it a great idea to ask billy and kevin. billy ask what zooker would think of the idea . he say we where all nuts. nuff said
Old 01-31-12, 09:12 PM   #19
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

sounds like a great man.
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 09:47 PM   #20
joedog

Thanks for all the background guys. I truely regret not really being a member yet, I do remember reading some of his posts. He really had knowledge.
Old 01-31-12, 09:58 PM   #21
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
sounds like a great man.
He was a good man and only 38 years old when he passed. His phone calls were ledgendary.
Old 01-31-12, 10:39 PM   #22
MallenManson

I definitely agree with the points you guys have made about Zooker.
Keith, great job describing him!
Bama, you beat me to describing Zooker's patent pending phone call ender lmao!!!
No matter what I was feeling going in, I always felt great coming out of a convo with him.

He'll always be missed
Old 01-31-12, 11:33 PM   #23
keithdog

John, I agree with asking Kevin and Billy for obvious reasons. Billy asked what Zooker would think and I think Nobass hit it on the nail. He'd think we're nuts. haha But Zooker loved life and he loved the folks here in BassFishin.com. I think he's probably looking down at us now with a big grin getting a good laugh, and saying, whatever you guys want, go ahead, I'm going fishing. lol Let us know what the Dickersons have to say, and hopefully Kevin and Billy will chime in here soon. I was worried I'd maybe overstepped my boundries with this idea. I'm glad to see it's being well recieved. Thanks guys for your support.
Old 02-01-12, 12:35 AM   #24
bamabassman

mrs dickerson said she was HONORED for us to do this. and we have her blessing. she also loved the cook off idea too. so go with it gang. now all we need is kevin and billy to agree.

and she said zooker would say we were nuts, hahaha. with a big proud smile on his face.
Old 02-01-12, 01:14 AM   #25
little z
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to little z

I know that Zooker would love this. Mom talked to me about this and I also give you all my bessing to go ahead and do the ZOOKERFEST. Keithdog, Zooker was proud to call you his friend. He sure did love this site and all you crazy, nut case fishermen he called friends. I sure do miss him!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.