Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-12, 10:05 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Lightbulb Let's think outside the box for a minute....

Alright, here lately I've been thinking about a couple of what could be considered "crazy" ideas.

Here's why these thoughts have crossed my mind; most of the lakes and darn near all the reservoirs out here are deep. This time of year may not be suitable for what I'm getting ready to say and I'm probably not the first one to think of this or even tried it (as I haven't tried them they're just thoughts/ideas).

The first one I'll call "Deep Punching".

A majority of the of the time punching is done on surface mats of grass, etc. Water depth varies under the mats, but I think most would agree that the water is shallower around these mats as they are closer to the bank.

Okay, now what about bottoms that have thick vegetation where the bass burrow down in it.

Thought process is utilizing same gear that you normally would for punching mats only used to punch the deep the vegetation. It may not be as effective as I think the water would slow the fall rate of the bait a bit.

Thoughts?

Next one: Lets call it "Drop Shot on Roids"

I drop shot a lot....one day while rigging my DS set up I thought to myself, "what if I was take a 1/2 oz or larger drop shot weight, a 3/0 EWG, offset shank, re-barb or Gammy wireguard type hook. I could Texas rig or wacky rig a senko, set up a large fluke or just about any other type of plastic."

I could see it used on a heavy FC or even braid.

Like I said earlier, it may have done or maybe it's a common practice under another name. Again, the DS on Roids I could see being used in deeper water.

Anyone, ever had any similar thoughts? Or another idea. Now pick these apart and tell me where you could the idea falling apart or not producing.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.