Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-06, 10:39 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sunday Bay Report

I just wanted to say that I am glad to be alive today all warm and cozy. Each day from now on will have a new renewed hunger for life.

Sunday 16 people from the MOO board hopped aboard the big boat for the annual Jigfest out of Point Lookout MD and headed out to mild 2 foot seas. First drift produced many small fish and one keeper caught by me. It won big fish BTW. We headed south the fish the mouth of the Potomac after several drifts no fish caught, but I lost a big one half way to the boat. Next we headed south down to the mouth of the Rapp. To fish the Northern reef… Wind changed directions and picked at our tail to 30 knots. Since the seas where building to 4-5 feet the Capt decided to run over to the cell. Wind shifted and kicked up to 40 and seas built to 6-8 feet when a wave busted the front wheel house window and shorted out the CB, VHF, and all the lights on board.
At noon we started back 30 miles south of where we launched. We averaged about 4 knots on the return and made maybe one mile per hour at times. At the mouth of the Potomac the radar went out and the GPS died. Seas built to 9 feet or more at times and we limped back to Point Lookout slowly. Only three people did not puke and that includes me.

Bird in hand and calm 2 foot seas.

Later that day Smith Point Lighthouse.

Capt Mike
Old 11-14-06, 01:06 PM   #2
Christopherkeene9

Looks like our trip back in from the sword grounds. Built that high and we were still 40nm+ offshore! Took us 5hours.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-06, 06:18 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've been in some rough seas on erie and ky lake, going slow is bout all you can do
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 03:32 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Yea slow is painfull 13 miles in 9 1/2 hours.. 9 foot seas and people puking all around you. I got a little cold from the trip and that is all.

I am off to surf fish Nags Head for four days now. I will write a report when I get back.

You all be good to one another while I am away ya hear..

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.