Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-06, 08:29 AM   #26
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Only place I dont like to use either 8 or 12 pound mono is in trees. Right now, I only have one baitccaster, and its spooled with 20 pound power pro, but just because it is too much trouble to respool it every time I fish somewhere new. I'm gonna buy a new one soon (hopefully a castaic), spool it with that 20, and fish my abu with 12 pound ANDE. I like the way mono cuts through hydrilla mats, but it frays in trees.
Old 04-27-06, 05:18 PM   #27
pig n jig

I am curious as hell as to where you go pee when you got a female fishing partner in the boat with you ?3 years ago I pulled in to this cove and looked around , didn't see anyone, so I pulled out the 2 gallon Era laundry detergent bottle I keep in the boat and peed in it. I put the cap on it threw it back under my console and powered out to where I was fishing and after fishing about 20 minutes a Sheriff patrol boat pulled up to see me. A guy called my boat number in because I went to the bathroom in front of his wife who was on out on a deck reading a book.I told the sheriff that it was me he was looking for and I looked around for signs of life and didn't see any before peeing in the jug.I also suggested to the Sheriff , to tell her husband to buy her better books to read because it couldn't have been a very good book if she wanted to watch a guy pee in a laundry jug instead of reading her book.The Sheriff let me go because I peed in a laundry detergent bottle and not in the lake. Its a heavy fine for peeing in the lakes here.I am more careful about peeing in the Era jug, I go out in the middle of the lake , instead of in a secluded cove . P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 05:23 PM   #28
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

pnj,
let me unravel the mystery, cus it sounds like a easy one to me,
she obviously got a look at the pnj-godzilla!!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:00 PM   #29
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

Lizards, I have to agree with you on the Stren Superbraid. I lost yards of casting distance. I have to say IMO Power Pro is the best. Everyone is going to have there own choices, but PP is the only braid going on my reels.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 01:23 AM   #30
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Hey gal. Glad to see ya postin again. I promise ya you wont loose any casting distance using the 50lb Power Pro. I have done alot of searching and spending alot of money trying this and trying that. Down to 2 lines exclusively.P-Line and Power Pro are the best I have ever used. P-Line is the strongest and most abraison resttant line I have used. Yes you have to replace it a little more often but worth it. After about a month the memory is tough to deal with. All mono or coplomer is left on a reel for very long it has memory and needs to be replace. Power Pro you could sink a battleship with it. I have one of my rods spooled up with it and havent retied in about a month. I throw nothing but bass assasins on this rod and use it about 1/2 the time on every trip. Cant go wrong with these.
I really didn't like the way it sank into the reel though....that flatness sucks..pardon my language....but it does.....betursweetbass told me about a braided line that's round instead of flat...so i think i would like to check that out too......the brand i used was p-line....i wasn't impressed by it.....but then again it's my first time using it too.....lol....could be rooky ignorance....lol......
Old 04-28-06, 05:04 AM   #31
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
pnj i like 12 pound mono

zooker
Ca;; me crazy hell I been called worse but when the water gets back into the high to low 50's in the so called fall or winter we have I switch to 12lb test. I do it for 2 reasons. 1 is the fact that a crankbait reaches there maxium depth on the 12lb I use and 2 I seem to get a better feel of the crank in the cooler water. Sounds crazy but it works for me. I dont hesitate to throw the crank on this line into any cover. After years of doing so I have somewhat perfected how to "Lead a bass outta cover". Have lost a few but the plus of more bites outweighs the few lost fish.
Old 04-28-06, 12:52 PM   #32
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Yeah, I landed that big toad two weeks ago on 12lb pline, in the middle of some lilly pads too no less....go figure
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 04:40 PM   #33
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Hey gal. Glad to see ya postin again. I promise ya you wont loose any casting distance using the 50lb Power Pro. I have done alot of searching and spending alot of money trying this and trying that. Down to 2 lines exclusively.P-Line and Power Pro are the best I have ever used. P-Line is the strongest and most abraison resttant line I have used. Yes you have to replace it a little more often but worth it. After about a month the memory is tough to deal with. All mono or coplomer is left on a reel for very long it has memory and needs to be replace. Power Pro you could sink a battleship with it. I have one of my rods spooled up with it and havent retied in about a month. I throw nothing but bass assasins on this rod and use it about 1/2 the time on every trip. Cant go wrong with these.
Hey Laser, do you prefer to use the braid on a baitcaster or spinning gear?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-06, 05:46 AM   #34
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing
Hey Laser, do you prefer to use the braid on a baitcaster or spinning gear?
When I lived in Pa. I used braid alot and that was on spinning reels. Back then Power Pro wasnt made so I had been using Fireline (the first one they developed) and had great success using it. Whee I am living now spinning gear is not really appropiate to use 90% of the time but when I do pull them outta the rod box I have power pro loaded up on them. Again it has proven successful. Due to the weeds AND the wood cover I fish I normally use bait casters but there are times when fishing a woodless weedline that the spinning gear comes out. For me I actually feel that I can make better presentations using the spinning gear and at the same time if needed really drop in size to get the bite.
Old 05-02-06, 09:27 PM   #35
DBake
BassFishin.Com Member

Does power pro float?
DBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 10:10 PM   #36
pig n jig

Yes it does float on the surface when fishing jigs on slack line. It might be the smelly jelly that gets smeared on the line that makes its float though, I don't know for sure.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 10:55 PM   #37
flfireman

If 50 sounds to much drop down a little. I use 30# on most of my set ups. Still have great casting ability w/ very good strength. 1 tip to follow, do not try to hand pull out a snag. PP will tear your hands up before it comes out. I have a broken oar handle I wrap. This stuff is strong enough to tie the boat up if needed. Also have to agree w/ Lizards- once the waxy coat wears down PP performs better and better. Also, I respool my reels w/ my other reels. Sorry, might be confusing there. I take the used end and tie on to the mono filler and spool up. Get twice the use from the same amount of line. Not sure who here gave up that tip, but it's saved me a lot of mula.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.