Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-10, 02:35 PM   #26
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Like all jigs eventually they will get caught in the rocks and you will probably lose it. And then you'll be out $5-6 bucks.

Do you really need a jig that stands up? Do bass eat this type of jig better than one that doesn't? I'm amazed at the new jigs every year that stand up, spread out, leave bubbles, spread scent, rattle, etc. and are said to look "natural" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Evo skirts flare when let set still, And the floro weed guard is nice, It really camos itself well. IMO the most important thing about any bait is confidence. Does it really matter if your jig lands upright, defences up, has a floro weed guard to make it hard to see, smells like a crayfish (smelly jelly baby)? The only one who really knows are the fish, but I think it matters and I have more confidence when im fishing a bait I think will catch a fish.

These jigs are not ten for two everywhere, Tacklewarehouse has always had them two for seven, so that puts them in the same range as most well made jigs. As for confidence in a bait, your gear, and your presentation, I feel that this is the most important aspect of bass fishing(with exception of actually being there fishing and knowledge of the area you fish)
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.