Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-12, 10:03 PM   #18
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
That's why I think being able to skip is so valuable. You are reaching fish that most people aren't able to get to. I agree that in most cases you can use boat position to find openings in trees. But when it comes to docks that is not a luxury that you have very often. I say this because I am talking about skipping baits in the openings between the flotation foam, and getting the bait several feet in the shade under the dock. No matter how you position the boat most of the time you only have one angle to get the bait into this hole from and the opening is usually pretty small, like maybe a foot squared. Guys who flipped that dock ahead of you might have just flipping to the edge of this opening because they can't skip. But you can get the bait several feet closer to fish hiding under the dock if you can skip it in there.

I don't know about Kansas laws. But I know that in Missouri and Oklahoma, Marinas can post no fishing signs all they want but there is nothing they can do to keep you from fishing their dock. The exception is that Missouri has a law stating that you cannot fish within so many feet of a gas dock. I am not saying to stir up a hornets nest by fishing the marina docks anyways, although you could if you wanted to. Marina docks are not the only ones on the lake that I skip baits under (or at least try to). In fact I have several favorite docks on Grand and not a single one of them is at a Marina. usually the oldest most rundown docks is the ones I want to fish because generally there is more cover under these docks.

Cool, you practice your skipping and digging out backlashes, I'll be catchin fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.