Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-09, 12:25 AM   #26
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My favorite rain gear is the one's that gets to stay in the storage box all day. I hate fishing in the rain. I wear glasses and it seems there is nothing I can do to keep them dry. But if I must put them on I use the BPS gortex what ever they are. I'm on my second pair. and the first lasted about 5 or 6 years. I took them back to Bass Pro and they exchanged them no questions aked. If you read the tag on the product at Bass pro it says if for any reason you are not satisfied with this product you can exchange it no questions asked and sure enough they did it. I would go with anything BPS just for that matter.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 12:44 AM   #27
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Warm weather: Frogg Toggs

Cold weather: BPS Pro Qualifier-stacks up well with Cabelas Guidewear.
Old 01-19-09, 11:15 AM   #28
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I've been wanting to get a set of frogg toggs, but heard that they tear quite easily. I have a set of camo bibs w/ coat for colder weather and ice fishing, but I've got nothing for warmer weather.I can remember a couple times this year where some rain gear could have come in handy. (I'm sure you remember, Buzzy)

BB
At least we caught sooo many fish!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 02:28 PM   #29
redlikeme
BassFishin.Com Member

I just bought my BPS Pro Qualifier Gortex rain gear last year. After humming and hawing about the price for a couple of years, I just decided to spend the money and buy them. I got the very light jacket and bib pants (more protection from the rain with the bibs and more comfortable), and I also got the heavier version of the jacket (with liner) for fishing and spring/summer.

I don't go fishing enough throughout the year, and the few times I do go out, I'm not going to let rain stop me anymore. Best money I've ever spent!
redlikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 02:46 PM   #30
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I gave up on rainsuits....I am more of a dollar tree 2pack poncho set!!!
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 03:09 PM   #31
aikenyounggun

frogg togs are great and you can get them really cheap on sale. the only issue i have with mine is the hood is so small it covers about 1/10th of my head, but i guess thats what my hat is for...right?
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 07:35 PM   #32
Bender

If you have a Gander Mountain around check out their Guide Series H2O stuff. I have a set of the bibs and for the price (~$60) they are great. I wear a Marmot mountaineering jacket with a removable fleece liner too, but it was bought for skiing and cost a fair amount more than the Cabelas stuff.
The Frog Togs are not bad for the price, but like said before they aren't great.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 07:56 PM   #33
Rebbasser

When buying raingear I HIGHLY recommend getting the type with bibs rather than rain pants. Rain pants are fine until you bend over in a cold rain....
Old 01-23-09, 08:15 PM   #34
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
If you have a Gander Mountain around check out their Guide Series H2O stuff. I have a set of the bibs and for the price (~$60) they are great. I wear a Marmot mountaineering jacket with a removable fleece liner too, but it was bought for skiing and cost a fair amount more than the Cabelas stuff.
The Frog Togs are not bad for the price, but like said before they aren't great.

My bibs and coat are Gander Mtn as well. We got them on sale, couldn't beat the price.

BB
Old 01-24-09, 10:01 AM   #35
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
When buying raingear I HIGHLY recommend getting the type with bibs rather than rain pants. Rain pants are fine until you bend over in a cold rain....
I never had that problem with my rain paints. I actually prefer the pants as it's much easier for me to get in out of them. I never wear the pants unless I'm wearing my rain jacket, but I wear the jacket without the pants in the spring, summer, and fall once I'm wearing shorts.
Old 01-24-09, 10:02 AM   #36
bamabassman

that is what i am wanting as well joel. i HATE bibs, pulls on my shoulders and the straps come off at the worst times.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 10:13 AM   #37
Joel

Also, once the warmer weather is here, I don't wear boots or sneakers. I wear a soft soul pair of sandals that have a strap to securely hold them on my feet without socks. So I don't care if my feet get wet. I already get in and out of the water to launch and pull my boat out of the water, so wet feet aren't a problem either. In the cooler weather I wear white boat boots with my pants over the boots.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.