Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-06, 10:30 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking Forgive me BassFishin' Forum, I Have Sinned...partII

(Note: This is a long, sad - but true - story that I feel can only be of use if shared. Please don't blame me if you can't sleep tonight. I'll likely be in the pit.)

Tonight - I strayed from the straight and narrow. In a moment of weakness - I ventured into the darkest corner of the Internet and will accept whatever punishment you collectively decide to heap upon me. Yes - it's true: I visited the site of which we shall not speak.(www.whizbanglures.com) heh

In an effort to persuade others not to travel the path as did I, I post the following information as a warning only. Please forgive me any typos as I’m still trying to recover. Unfortunately, there are those among us that I'm sure will stumble, as did I, and we need to focus on prevention as there is apparently no antidote and scrub and shower as I might - I feel I will never be truly clean again.

Upon realizing that I was about to embark on a trip of this nature, I took a few minutes to prepare my system: installed new virus definitions, firewall and port blockers. I even created a new email address at a new domain and erroneously thought I was covered. Nothing could prepare me though for the shallow, pointless drivel, with no entertainment value whatsoever, that I was about to experience.

I should've known what awaited me. An entire world created with literally no investment in time or money as we have here. No programming, no license fees - no point - surely the Administrator of the site must care.. or so I thought. I immediately got the impression that I was dealing with a Front Page kinda person though - knowwhatImean? Could this be all there is?

Much of my story can be condensed into a reprint of the opening disclaimer: (read closely) Go look for yourself. Or simply take my word for it:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not pretend to be anyone that's ever seen bassfishin. Thou shalt not post any material which is false (unless is a direct slam again Kevin or an active bassfishin member), defamatory (unless you think it might be against Kev or an active bassfishin member), inaccurate (we'll cut you some slack if it's against Kevin or bassfishin), abusive (again, it's okay if it's against those forum people), vulgar (especially appreciated by the staff if against bassfishin or it's membership), hateful (you know where this is leading yet?), harassing (unless it's annoying to bassfishin members), obscene (This is fine too as long as it's in reference to bassfishin), profane (Ditto), sexually oriented (note: Hun, Honey, Doll is okay though and if you could fit a slam against bassfishin in here, please do so) threatening (We'll look the other way on this one to if you threaten 1 Kevin and give 2 Hail bassfishin's), invasive of a person's privacy (If we think you're an bassfishin snoop -and we know all users here are - we're gonna snoop our logs and amaze you with our intelligence on IP Addresses - you'll be impressed), or otherwise in violation of ANY law (We're particularly fond of seeing that all current threads end up a discussion about bassfishin' so do what's needed in this area). This is not only humorous (we don't know how), but legal actions can be taken against you (But again, if you slam bassfishin' or it's members, we'll defend your right to say it, hon). You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material or you ripped it off of bassfishin forum. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this forum unless the Administrator thinks it's funny to have you complete a form for known email harvesters... Enjoy your new Spam.

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts (we have no common sense) on this forum and generally we prefer not to in events pertaining to eradicating kevin and his merry band of bassfishin' warriors. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages (but you can bet your ***, we are looking specifically for ways to insure all topics relate to how bad it is at basfishin' forums) and are not responsible for their content. As a matter of fact, we're likely much more irresponsible than you might think. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented in part, because we don't really know how and our typing and spelling skills are limited. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this forum however, as soon as we learn how to maintain a coherent thought, we reserve the right to modify this rule. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately but again, please type slow because we are incapable of reading fast. We have the rights to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary - Generally, we haven't been able to find the delete function anyways so please post no message favorable to Kev, bassfishin forums, or it's views. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy goes for member profile information as well. We'll do what we please and there's nothing you can do about it.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We ripped the preceding phrase from another site and have no clue what it means. We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you. We feel that this empowers us in some way.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate however we ask that you not use names like Kevin. We're already paranoid enough without that too. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member - we will do this for you, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum although each of us already have several ID's and well, we're afraid Proboards might get mad at us.

After you register and log into this forum, your I.Q. will immediately drop. If capable, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information however we might change it if we can figure out how. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed. Of course, if this information somehow demeans Kevins BassFishin, we will allow it.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded and your email address sold, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement or repeated solidarity with bassfishin forums is exhibited.

You are solely responsible for any and all attachments that you post to this forum - we reserve the right to inspect each post and attachment for Bassfishin propaganda. You may not post files to this forum which contain copyrighted material that you do not have permission from the author to post unless, again, it was ripped off from BassFishin or kev... .

- Proving that one must really be careful of what is agreed to on the Internet. It's indeed a scarey place.

I looked at several threads and my retina's are now permanently scarred - I need medical treatment. I deleted the new user account, my new email account I created and am now recovering. I'm still having visions of the BassFishin forums faithful dropping off that cliff as if in a scene from Storm of the Century.
When I regain the I.Q. points that were so brutally ripped from my brain, I might tell you more but for now, please forgive me. I won't go there again. I swear to god I won't.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 10:52 AM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow JB, you have to much time on your hands!
Old 03-26-06, 11:38 AM   #3
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

2 words..... GO FISHING
Old 03-26-06, 04:49 PM   #4
WTL

^^^^Just let WTL off the hook for writing the longest, most useless post ever in the history of the off-topic board.
Old 03-26-06, 05:07 PM   #5
pig n jig

Lightbulb

WTL, You were the pioneer to the long postings.The Original , a standard to which others are judged from.You WTL, are the Golden Rule for long winded threads. Lmao........P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 05:14 PM   #6
JB

wtl,
no sweat,
we had several members pay me off to entice you into posting again,
plus took care of the most useless and longest post
status
that was hanging over your neck
Old 03-26-06, 05:15 PM   #7
zooker

jb
don't worry i will send over helga and her trusty whip to punish you further.hope you like being tied up..

wtl
still the champion of long winded threads. the new style set up on this board makes it seem longer.. when it is narrower..

zooker
Old 03-26-06, 05:17 PM   #8
JB

helga? can she cook?
Old 03-26-06, 09:09 PM   #9
flbassman

^^^^^^^^^^ Um... I'm no longer hungry.
Old 03-26-06, 09:53 PM   #10
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

zooker,you know my thoughts on this beauty.haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
been drinking again...hic
Old 03-27-06, 02:19 AM   #11
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl
Default I'm sooo lost

Are you guys taking drugs??

San

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 07:07 AM   #12
JB

not yet bassgrl,
but it would probably help, don't ya think?
Old 03-27-06, 09:22 AM   #13
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

sandra....do you think it would help?
the alcohol doesn't seem to be doing the job....lmao
Old 03-27-06, 12:11 PM   #14
Wishing2BFishing

JB, you give new meaning to form over function . . . That post was the longest bunch of **** that I have ever read. Somehow, I still managed to keep reading on, thinking that there was a point . . . Is there a point?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 02:51 PM   #15
Wishing2BFishing

JB, your post is the kind that requires the wearing of waders (chest high).
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 06:22 PM   #16
zooker

no jb helga likes leather and whips...

sandra think it is strange round me now you should see the stuff i use to wright about during rehab while blistered..

zooker
Old 03-27-06, 07:18 PM   #17
JB

zooker,
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That helga, why didn't you say so rofl
Old 03-27-06, 11:50 PM   #18
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

i really feel that electro shock therapy might be in order here....
Old 03-28-06, 06:19 PM   #19
JB

not yet lady,
thorazine is filling the bill so far, at least I hope they won't shock me again this month!! rofl

we call em "gorilla bicuits"
Old 03-28-06, 07:21 PM   #20
zooker

jb
here is some thing that will put you back in to the pit...

you can blame zilla for this picture..

zooker
Old 03-30-06, 07:28 AM   #21
JB

ZOOKER,
I hear the blue ones have that secret chip in the middle that sends
ultrasonic vibrations.
I don't need one, but the wife asks if she could borrow it sometime..
(i never new she even fished) rofl

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.