Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-11, 08:38 PM   #76
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Absolutely pathetic. They're like rats jumping from a burning ship. The real problem is they don't seem to care who set the fire.
Old 11-16-11, 12:23 PM   #77
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

http://home.myhughesnet.com/news/rea...ps=1013&page=4

Sort of summarizes everything going on at this point.
Old 11-17-11, 01:04 AM   #78
nofearengineer

Apparently, Mr. McQueary is now saying he did talk to the police (some sources say both the campus and local, some say just campus).

Now what it all hinges on now is when he talked to them. I find it very hard to believe he would tell the police, and then go to Paterno and not mention it. If he did, that might explain why Paterno didn't file a report.

By the way, both police departments deny a report was ever filed.

Some research was done, and they believe they have found the alleged victim, and he says it never happened. Of course, that could go either way. It could have happened, and he's just too embarrassed to go through it all again.

Regardless, all of McQueary's testimony is very suspect. Since none of the people allegedly involved with this (victim, witness, etc.) are the ones to bring all of this out into the light, one has to wonder at the timing.

I have a horrible feeling a good old-fashioned game of gotcha has just been played.
Old 11-17-11, 05:21 PM   #79
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In my profession I can not really express my opinion on what should be done but I wish all of you could be in a surgery suite and watch a innocent, helpless child going through the surgery to be repaired after a violent penetration. I think all of you would change your minds.
Compared to the mental and physical suffering of the child these posts amount to less than nothing.
Enough said.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 10:46 PM   #80
WTL

CHANGE OUR MINDS ABOUT WHAT!?

I don't think anybody in this thread has been of the position that rape and sodomy of children isnt a horrific crime, perhaps as bad as something can get short of 1st degree murder, and perhaps in ways worse.

Nobody is downplaying rape.

And it does a disservice to people to claim that when one defends Penn State, or Joe Paterno, or just says "lets let all the facts come out", that they are somehow saying that because they don't take the root crime seriously.

Honestly, this goes to the heart of the problem here. People are so angry about the root crime, they are so thirsty for revenge, that they want to tag anybody even remotely in the area as being complicit. Forgive us dissenters who demand that men be held accountable for their crimes, and only their crimes - and only after those crimes have been proven.

It is Sandusky who, if proven guilty, should hang by the neck until dead. And if the AD and the president, or the chief or the police or JoePa covered it up, they deserve punishment in line with their actions - NOT - the actions of Jerry Sandusky. This too, is a moral principle.
Old 11-17-11, 11:09 PM   #81
mike234

Look I was only trying to make a comparison.
That was a bad choice of words but I have done surgery on some of these children and you people have no idea about how bad it is. I know you are outraged as everyone should be but try to see what I was trying to say.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 11:23 PM   #82
WTL

Its alright. I understand what you are trying to say.

I feel like everyone's nerves are at a frayed end, as maybe they should be when confronted with something evil.

The profession I have selected requires that we try and keep our heads in the face of this stuff, but its not easy. One day this semester, our professor in evidence started showing slides. They started with the mundane, kids, grandparents, puppies. No problem. Then, sick people. Amputees. Then, murdered people. One of the pictures could have been from the St Valentine's day massacre. Incredibly graphic stuff. He was trying to make the point, and did it quite well, that when human beings see terrible things, it is natural to react emotionally, but even though emotion and human feeling is a good thing, it can also be highly prejudicial. You sometimes have to guard against that and rely on the process to work things out as it is supposed to.

I think in general, I'm worried about all the myriad scary things that are coming down the pike. I hope people are ready, and try to be strong and moral in the face of it. We need our laws to help us in the face of it, if not, we become a mob that will only cause more suffering. Our generation is untested at this point compared to some other generations, and I don't know how well they will deal with it. Things are moving too fast with technology, changes in social, religious and political beliefs, and the lack of human grounding that we used to have.
Old 11-19-11, 06:48 PM   #83
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So Macreary lied about talking to the police... well there went that witness's credibility assuming the campus police is telling the truth.
Old 11-20-11, 12:23 AM   #84
BassinBandit

Im not gonna say much on this because I don't feel like arguing this but I think Penn State has made Paterno into a scapegoat to get the focus off the school. Which of course has worked. So all of those who want to vilify Joe, I really can't say much but I think its truly sad. Some of you act as if he is the one that committed the crime, once again it just makes me sad......and with that I am done.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.