Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-06, 03:15 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing overflow creeks

I just went to my local lake , its 1,400 acres of water. There is an overflow pipe that runs out the other side of the levee into a creek that just happens to run 2 miles to the river.. I was just curious today and stopped to check it out , then when I seen the size of fish in there I decided to fish it , anyway long story short I threw cranks , senkos , creature baits , and my chatterbait , got one small peck but nothing else.. I could actually see 4 large fish staged in front of a pipe that goes across the road , as if to eat everything that tried to get threw... HELP !!! These were big fish..
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 03:22 PM   #2
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

i have one stream in my town that is similar to what you are saying. i have always caught some, but they are muc harder to catch than any old bass in some lake. the only thing that they have hit are banjo minnows fished really, really slow. like sink 3 feet, jerk 5 inches. try them if you can get some banjos. if not, Zoom has some soft jerkbaits that have the similar action. good luck!
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 03:48 PM   #3
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Go into stealth mode, if you can see the fish, most likely they can see you too. Try to approach them or the area without making any noise and hopefully not being seen. Then try soft subtle presentations of something life like. A good choice would be live crickets or small minnows on a spinning rig if you can cast them in the right spot. If you need more weight, try a in-line spinner, like a rooster tail.
Good Luck
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 07:59 PM   #4
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I would try jerkbaits. I like rebels.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 10:55 PM   #5
flfireman

Read above about the stealth. Then aim for the pipe or shore line and drag the bait into the current or run off stream. Let the water do the work but keep the line tight enough to feel if they grab it.
Old 11-07-06, 11:09 PM   #6
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

most of the time the water is clear, since it is running. so i would do what fl suggested. that should do the job!
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 09:07 PM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Throw a fluke into the pipe, and let the flowing water bring it out into the area where the fish are sitting. They are wainting for a easy meal to be washed up, so give them one.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.