Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-06, 10:56 AM   #1
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Default free beer,naked women

had to do that,i'll change the title later ...i lifted this article out of kevin's(our kevin not KVD)there are other good articles there that most of us miss.i know i don't read as many of them as i should.reading them is taking advantage of someone else's hard work.of course they are allowing us to do so for free.that alone would tell us what kind of person the author is.IMO anyone who does that(writes the articles)is one heckuva guy.anyway,check out the articles.they are invaluable.
a sample:
Quote:
#1. The "Confidence Bait" Flaw
This is probably the biggest mistake I see anglers make on the water. Every fisherman has a confidence bait. That one lure that always seems to catch fish and outdoes the other lures in your tackle box. Ask Denny Brauer what his confidence bait is and he'll tell you straight up, "The Jig". He's made millions fishing that lure. Rarely will you ever see him on TV throwing a spinnerbait or slug-go. So what is wrong with having a confidence bait? Nothing, but if you are going to be like Denny Brauer and always throw that confidence bait, you better know how to catch fish with it day in and day out in all conditions.
I see it all the time. Fisherman will catch a ton of bass one day on say a worm, and the next day they are trying to do the same thing. I know I would be trying to do the same thing as the day before, but if it isn't working, it isn't working. I've seen fisherman go the whole day fishing one bait, changing colors thinking a little blue fleck may be all the change that's needed to get those bass striking again. You have to be cognizant and realize when it's time to make a change.
When you find yourself fishing a lure and not getting any bites, two things should come into your mind. One, do I need to change location? Or two, maybe this bait has lost its appeal to the fish. I used to be the kind of fisherman to fish a bait for hours even without a bite, convincing myself that if there were a fish to be found, he would hit my lure I was fishing. Now, I have realized it is much better to constantly change. I think a lot of anglers watch shows like BassMaster and FLW Tour and see these pros spending the whole day throwing the same bait, even though they may not be catching fish. But you have to remember, these pros have spent hundreds of hours pre-fishing their waters, so what is on their line they probably have good reason for it.
So next time your out on the water and your not getting any strikes, change up! Adapt to the situation, and seek out an answer. Don't assume the fish will start biting and what you have tied on is your best bet, cause if you aren't catching fish, changing up should be the only thing on your mind!
i don't know if i mentioned this before..i usually use my confidence bait when nothing else is working or i want to see if fish are aggressive, if they are i will try different baits.that would be my idea of a confidence bait.

Last edited by bassintom; 11-21-06 at 10:57 AM. Reason: needed a comma
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 10:59 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya see it all the time, go to the truck/trailer/boat parking lot after a tourney and watch how many guys complain that their lure that worked all week couldn't catch shyt during the tourney, yet they continue to use it and just end up runnin' and gunnin..great article tom....but shouldn't this be moved to the non fishing section ROFL j/k
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 11:39 AM   #3
DEbass'n
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thats funny JB. That is a good article tom. I usually fish with a couple of my friends. We all throw something different to see what is working. Then we will switch to the hot lure.
Old 11-21-06, 07:07 PM   #4
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Tom,

I wish you would stop doing that. I fall for it every time.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 07:22 PM   #5
pig n jig

Dammit Tommy, so don't I. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 11:09 PM   #6
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Good info.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-06, 07:08 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

he only does this to get your attention..

zooker
Old 11-23-06, 09:44 PM   #8
Bender

I usually throw something different than whoever I am fishing with, but normally neither of us catch many fish. But, I know people that only use 2 different baits pretty much all year. They don't do well early in the season, but mid to late summer they really do well but they really know that technique.
My fear is that I change too much, without really beating a good spot.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 05:42 PM   #9
flfireman

Tom, I actually have sat and read those articles. There is some good info in them, and most read pretty well. But, you can't expect people to research something!!
Old 11-25-06, 06:11 PM   #10
Vabass22

I also have read all those articles.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 06:15 PM   #11
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
Tom, I actually have sat and read those articles. There is some good info in them, and most read pretty well. But, you can't expect people to research something!!
ANIT THE TRUTH ?
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.