Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-09, 09:54 PM   #1
Kpinckley14
BassFishin.Com Member

Exclamation Buying a boat

When buying a new boat either this years model or last years model, what is the wiggle room on the sales price of said boat? Generally speaking.

The boat is around 20,000 what is a good offering price for said boat?
Kpinckley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 02:36 AM   #2
Nitro 640
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That price with all the upgrades you want!!!!
Most places will give you more stuff but wont lower the price until the manufacture has some kind of sale. Ask for one of those new fish finders and the upgrade trolling motor and see what happens.
Nitro 640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 02:23 PM   #3
barkelypup

Personally if I was gonna drop that kind of cash on a different rig than I had I would look used. 20 grand today will buy a whole lot of real nice boat.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:47 PM   #4
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Pup hit the nail on the head. There is a ton of good used boats for sale right now at very good prices. Go to Bass Boat Central you can find about anything your looking for.
Old 02-26-09, 06:08 PM   #5
barkelypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkelypup View Post
Personally if I was gonna drop that kind of cash on a different rig than I had I would look used. 20 grand today will buy a whole lot of real nice boat.

Too you will find in a lot of cases that folks buy a boat and only use it a few times. Lots and lots of barely used rigs out there especially now with low hours.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 06:35 PM   #6
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah buy a boat five years old and it will look brand new if they havent used it a lot but the price will be way down and you get a better boat
Old 02-26-09, 07:02 PM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i am willing to bet you can get a newer model now, used of course, that is bigger or longer, bigger motor and alot of other goodies for under 20 grand.
Old 02-26-09, 08:14 PM   #8
zooker

as i tend to run the crap out of my stratos and i want to retire the jon boat afore it leaves me in a bad spot-like the middle of the pamlico-...i have gone with the choice of a tin bass boat..

i spent the better part of 2 hours tonight AT david fritts looking over an 09 g3 tonight.. with my presonal set up choices i am seriously looking at $24,000. the base price with the max horse power and a 54 pound troller. was $18,500 but when you add in $1600 for depthfinders, a 6" jack plate,water pressure gauge,hot foot, and some extra goodies..it adds up FAST..

this is my personal choice that covers my personal taste and style of fishing...

zooker
Old 02-26-09, 08:41 PM   #9
WTL

MrPhoto has a better boat than all of yall. Because he is going to get every smigeon of value out of that thing, whereas the rest of us are throwing money in the lake.

Really, a boat is pretty close to being the worst investment one can make unless you build it up from a totally depreciated wreck (like me and Photo). I feel the need to warn my friends on here to try and stay away from new notes, but I dont want to be pushy - so I will just say in general be careful. Dont get further in debt with the economy doing what it is doing right now. I'm worried about my people.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.