Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-09, 09:46 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Obama calls Kanye a jack---

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/...tv_obama_tweet

I am a person that believes that people should be called out on their stupid acts, especially if they do them deliberately without considering how their actions will affect others. Kanye West was being a jackleg and he should be called one. He ruined Taylor Swift's moment when she received her award.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 09:48 AM   #2
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I find myself agreeing with the president for once.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 09:54 AM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I totally agree with the President on the facts. Kanye West can be empirically proven to be a jack***.

What I don't agree with is a President making the comments. Off the record? In all honesty, the POTUS should know he is never off the record. And just think of the uproar if President Bush (who according to Mr. West, "doesn't care about black people") had said this. We'd probably have more people burning down their own neighborhoods again.
Old 09-16-09, 10:28 AM   #4
doc

I find it funny that people are using his personal comments about the VMA's as a platform for their political party.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 11:01 AM   #5
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Maybe Kanye West, Obama and Taylor Swift should all get together and have a beer at the White House. That would fix everything. LOL

Jerry
Old 09-16-09, 11:06 AM   #6
flbassman

Jay leno wanted to have a root beer summit lol
Old 09-16-09, 11:27 AM   #7
nofearengineer

Doc...when the man signed up to be President, he signed up for everything he does to be political fodder. The reporter wasn't talking to him to get his grandma's chocolate chip cookie recipe.

And you know I'm right... Dems would have been going ape**** if Bush had said it. Proof of my point...when Bush 41 criticized Ice T for his song "Copkiller". The Left was all upset that the President was infringing on free speech.

The man should have simply said "no comment".
Old 09-16-09, 12:13 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

Im gonna go get some pop-corn........anybody want anything while Im out?
Old 09-16-09, 12:14 PM   #9
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Im gonna go get some pop-corn........anybody want anything while Im out?
Lots of butter please....and some M&M's. Popocorn and M&M's are great together at the movies or politcal debates.
Old 09-16-09, 12:27 PM   #10
1/4 stick

One thing for sure, there is no such thing as off the record when you're prez. Personally I respect Obama for that one as he called it what like he and everyone else saw it, even though it may have been an accident. That was a no win question. If he'd said no comment, he'd have been bashed for that. If he had said, (which should be the case), "I have a bad economy, Iraq, Afganastan, terrorists, several terroist countries trying to get nukes, and health care, just to name a few problems. I don't have time to keep up with show biz gossip.", he'd have been bashed for not keeping up with current events or not reading the news paper.
Old 09-16-09, 12:28 PM   #11
nofearengineer

LOL...you guys...

I didn't mean for this to get political. It's just that it involves the President, so it just sorta...happens.

I'm actually in agreement with the guy about what he said. And you will not hear me say that often.
Old 09-16-09, 12:39 PM   #12
Fishnngolfn

My view on this (and the reason I started the thread) is that anyone with any sense should be able call Kanye a jackleg for doing what he did. If you do something stupid, then you should be called stupid, especially if you did it on purpose.
Old 09-16-09, 12:40 PM   #13
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
LOL...you guys...

I didn't mean for this to get political. It's just that it involves the President, so it just sorta...happens.

I'm actually in agreement with the guy about what he said. And you will not hear me say that often.
I know, just putting my 2 cents in, which aint worth much anymore. Can't even buy a peice of bubble gum with it.
Old 09-16-09, 12:42 PM   #14
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
My view on this (and the reason I started the thread) is that anyone with any sense should be able call Kanye a jackleg for doing what he did. If you do something stupid, then you should be called stupid, especially if you did it on purpose.
But Kanye was hurting, because his mother passed away. Bet she was real proud of what he did.
Old 09-16-09, 04:55 PM   #15
wargoth

I am all for the Prez calling dumbasses on their stupid ****, the only problem is the media won't cover it fairly. If it is a Dem, he will be elevated to hero, if he is a Republican, the media will be calling for crucifixion. The fact is if the media were consistent, they would have been riding Obama much harder than they rode Bush, but because the media is nothing but the lapdog of the Liberal Democrat agenda, he is the saviour and they bury anything and everything they can about him. But rest assured, if it had been McCain in office doing the exact same stuff, they would already be pushing for impeachment.

Sorry, bout the political content, but this kind of crap just pisses me off. It is a pretty sad state of affairs when we have to turn to comedians like Rush Limbaugh to even hear about some of the crap that is going on because the mainstream media wants it buried.
Old 09-16-09, 05:21 PM   #16
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargoth View Post

It is a pretty sad state of affairs when we have to turn to comedians like Rush Limbaugh to even hear about some of the crap that is going on because the mainstream media wants it buried.
Rush Limbaugh is a blooming idiot.
Old 09-16-09, 06:26 PM   #17
Rush Limbaugh
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Rush Limbaugh is a blooming idiot.
Hey...I resent your personal attack. Someone needs to ban this "doc" guy.
Rush Limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 06:28 PM   #18
nofearengineer

Awww...cummon, Rush. We like doc, even though his politics are all screwed up!
Old 09-16-09, 10:34 PM   #19
wargoth

ROFL

Rush is a comedian, nothing more. His ONLY redeeming quality is the fact that he isn't "OWNED" by the DNC (like all of the other media) so he isn't afraid to report the news that the left doesn't want you to see.

Sorry Doc, but the government screws up almost everything it touches. Why the hell do you want them solving your problems for you?
Old 09-17-09, 12:28 AM   #20
WTL

I dont care for Rush. I'm even getting a little tired of Glenn Beck.

I dont think had GWB called a kanye a jackass, that it would have been much of an issue for him. In this case, the word is so overwhelmingly appropriate that it would tend to disarm any criticism. Obama does pick his words well.
Old 09-17-09, 09:05 AM   #21
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargoth View Post
ROFL

Sorry Doc, but the government screws up almost everything it touches. Why the hell do you want them solving your problems for you?
What problems do I want the government to solve for me? I'm not a fan of more government, or government health care. I am a fan of debating politics on the issues, and not swallowing all the propaganda the right or left slings at each other.
(I'll use the school speech again as an example. Did you know that the past 3 republican presidents have had back to school speeches for the kids? Bush jr. did not get to do his because of the sept 11 attacks. He had a back to school speech planned for right after he finished reading to the kids. Regan and bus SR both addressed the children with back to school speeches. I don't remember people saying they were trying to take over the country like Adolf Hitler.)

Ignorant hate propaganda is stupid, and I don't have much respect for anyone on either side who "fuels the fire" of stupidity.
Old 09-17-09, 09:27 AM   #22
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Soooooo...The Pot called the Kettle...errrr...Black.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 09:40 AM   #23
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
What problems do I want the government to solve for me? I'm not a fan of more government, or government health care. I am a fan of debating politics on the issues, and not swallowing all the propaganda the right or left slings at each other.
(I'll use the school speech again as an example. Did you know that the past 3 republican presidents have had back to school speeches for the kids? Bush jr. did not get to do his because of the sept 11 attacks. He had a back to school speech planned for right after he finished reading to the kids. Regan and bus SR both addressed the children with back to school speeches. I don't remember people saying they were trying to take over the country like Adolf Hitler.)

Ignorant hate propaganda is stupid, and I don't have much respect for anyone on either side who "fuels the fire" of stupidity.
Doc...you continue to misrepresent my argument on the school speech. I have repeatedly stated the reason for my concern was the lesson plan passed out ahead of time, yet any time you bring it up, you somehow manage to falsely imply that I am opposed to the President speaking to schoolchildren. I will say again, I am 100% in support of the President telling the students to study hard, stay in school, etc. The lesson plan had clear political subtext in it, and I can't see how you could possibly deny that.
Old 09-17-09, 10:01 AM   #24
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
The lesson plan had clear political subtext in it, and I can't see how you could possibly deny that.
It's easy. I read the comments posted on that thread, then read the speech word for word, and since we both agree there was no cover up conspiracy the most logical answer has to be the truth. It was scare tactics blown way out of proportion by the opposition.
Old 09-17-09, 10:10 AM   #25
nofearengineer

I hope everyone who reads this sees what doc just did...AGAIN. I say "lesson plan", and then doc says he "read the speech word for word."

You keep dodging my point about the lesson plan by bringing up the content of the speech.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.