Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-12, 12:42 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

praying for your dad buddy.
Old 10-12-12, 06:41 PM   #27
keithdog

Our prayers are with your dad and you pal. He'll get through this. May take a few days but he is in good hands.
Old 10-13-12, 02:53 PM   #28
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I saw my father last night and he is still on the breathing tube, and is mostly awake. They are hoping to get him off it late today or Sunday sometime. They have him tied down so he won’t pull the breathing tube out, and he is NOT likely that at all!!! I know I have not asked for pacific prayer, but he looked very dejected, and up-set last night, so please ask for extra strength, endurance, and to lift his sprits of my dad!!
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 03:20 PM   #29
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

..sending prayers, Bassfisher.

Praying for a better tomorrow!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 09:48 PM   #30
bassfisher

Well my father is doing a lot better. He got his breathing tube out Monday, but was still combative at times, and was delirious. Today they called me at work saying they needed to take some fluild off his lungs and I said okay. (They got about 600ml) They got him up into his chair, and he was able to stand with a little help, he was able to even pivot on his own, so that's great news. They are going to try his swallow test Thursday, and if that goes well he will start taking fluilds and food by mouth. So we are praying he passes all of his test with flying colors, and start back on his road to recovery. I want to again THANK YOU all for the continued prayers for a full and fast recovery.

Harold
Old 10-17-12, 10:06 PM   #31
bamabassman

FANTASTIC BUDDY!!! still praying HARD till he is back home.
Old 10-17-12, 10:50 PM   #32
joedog

Great to here Harold!
Old 10-18-12, 01:04 AM   #33
1/4 stick

Sending many prayer up for your dad.
Old 10-18-12, 07:03 PM   #34
bassfisher

My father is having a ruff go of it still. Last night he was able to pull out his feeding tube, and was messing with his neck IV, when they caught him. So today they did gave him his swallow test and he felled it.
They did try to get him to walk, and he felled that also. So a few weeks of therapy for that they say and then they will know more after that.
The only good news for today is they took out his neck IV and put in a Picc line IV. They also got him up in his chair again.
Old 10-18-12, 07:09 PM   #35
bamabassman

so sorry buddy. maybe dad needs ot relax and le tthem HELP him. i ain't no doctor, but it sounds to me like he is fighting them all the way. i kow it's hard for him and i feel for him treably. buthe has got to let them do their job in order to help him. i will double up on the prayers pal.
Old 10-18-12, 09:25 PM   #36
bassfisher

He is not really fighting them, it's just he is so confused, he doesn't know where he is at, or what has happed to him for the past two and a half weeks.
(I just found these things out from my wife) My wife was with him this evening. and said he has been very coherent all day according to his nurses starting around 10am, he has even been cracking jokes all day with them they told my wife. So we believe he might have turned that corner now, and heading toward being very coherent. (They have been telling us all along, night time are the worst for most all patients that have had this much trouble as he has had, so tonight will be the real test) My father even asked my wife how long he has been in the Hospital (that too is a first him knowing where he was at), so my wife said, well you tell me how long you think you have been here? He said oh, about 3 days (He went in 10/1/12 at about 5am) and my wife said no, more like two and half weeks so far. He said that long. My wife was able to shave him with the electric razor we bought him yesterday, and cut his finger nails also. (Which he LOVED, so much he was even turning his head to help her get at him better) Anyway he is making progress and most likely heading to rehab next week if all goes well, but we'll know more Friday when the case worker talks to my wife. (Right now he is not able to walk at all, just stand a little with help) So please keep those prayers coming, because he is not out of the wood just yet!! (Also I'm sure you understand I'm not telling you all of his health issue, that is for our famliy and close friends) Thanks again!!!
Old 10-18-12, 09:30 PM   #37
bamabassman

WHEW!!!! ok, now we know WHY. ok, ok....so gald to hear it isn't REALLY him. jsut the sitiuation. that makes my heart feel better. we will continue to pray hard for him and the family jsut the same. you hold tight ok? he needs oyu and the family jsut as much now as ever before. GOD will make him better. trust in HIM.
Old 10-18-12, 09:39 PM   #38
bassfisher

bama, that has never enter our mines. We have known all along God, has great plans for my father. (why else would god had kept him around through this ordeal) Just like I know god has kept me here the whole time for my father also. You see this is the first time in over 18 years I have stayed home for my birthday week. Ever time I tryed to leave he has stopped me from leaving. The first time when I wanted to go see my brother and sister in Texas, he put them unavailable to me, after that when I wanted to go fishing, our new pup of 8 months, chewed my the boat trailer wire harness up, and it just kept going, so I know without a doubt god has plans for my father and to keep me close by to help my father through his ordeal.

Last edited by bassfisher; 10-18-12 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-18-12, 10:00 PM   #39
bamabassman

GOD BLESS OYU BUDDY. HE does know what is best for us. if only we would listen ALL the time huh? hahahaa!!!
Old 10-19-12, 03:26 PM   #40
bassfisher

Well my father is not as coherent as he was Thursday. He'll answer your question and talk to you a little, but he has forgotten he is in the Hospital again, and sometimes the year and other things he should know. He knows who you are, but I wife said his eyes aren't clear again, (they look like he is blind, no color at all, and smokey looking) and is staring into space again. They are taking him down again to remove more fluid from his lungs (This time the left one) He is not able to cough the fluids out of his lungs, so that is why they have to remove it. Hopefully I'll know more late this evening when I go by to see him.
Old 10-19-12, 06:20 PM   #41
woody

Harold, thank you for letting us pray for your father and his recovery.. praying for your father.

-Mark
Old 10-19-12, 07:34 PM   #42
bamabassman

praying friend. keep us posted ok?
Old 10-20-12, 10:26 PM   #43
bassfisher

Well I wish I had some good news, but I don't. My father is really having a hard time breathing night. You can hear him laboring it's that bad, and when he tryes to cough,it's like he is swimming, he has so much liquid on his lungs. Tonight is the first time I've been afraid of losing my father, he has gotten that bad. He can no longer talk and his tounge looks very swollen , he can move his lips but no sound is coming out.

They plan on taking out his NG feeding tube and putting a PEG in Monday sometime. His case manager said he has been approved to go to either St. Joseph or Samaritan for his rehab to begin sometime next week also. So I plan on touring both of them Monday sometime, and try to make up my mine which to use. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but keep those prayers coming. We need them more then ever now. Thank you all!!!
Old 10-20-12, 10:51 PM   #44
bamabassman

PRAYING BROTHER!!!! and please don't stop withthe updates. oyu ain't bothering us ONE BIT! hopefully by them saying he is approved ofr the rehab, it's a good sign. i can only dream of what you and oyur family are going thorugh. we are here for you pal.
Old 10-21-12, 12:13 AM   #45
WatterBoy

Praying here too, bf. Hope things take a turn for the better real soon! Thanks for the updates.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 11:46 AM   #46
bassfisher

Well they had to put my father back on the breathing tube this morning. He is resting comfortable right now, so that's a plus. We knew it was going to happen because he was doing so poorly last night. So we were ready for it, but it's never easy to watch a loved one go down so fast, when he was doing better a few days ago. Thanks again for all the love you all have been showing to father, my family and myself. My brother will be on his way from Texas Monday to help me out, so keep him in your prayers for safe travel.
Old 10-21-12, 07:30 PM   #47
bamabassman

praying for each and every one of oyu pal. keep the faith!! GOD has HIS plan. i ain't giving up on oyur dad.
Old 10-21-12, 09:14 PM   #48
bassfisher

Well my father is doing better, he has his color back, and resting well. They had hope to wake him up, but decided to try Monday sometime. (So rehab is out for now, it's like going back to square one, from the triple bypass all over again)

Seeing how he was out of it, I talked myself into a little fishing at a pond they stock trout in for a project they call FIN (Fishing in neighborhoods). They also stock farmed raised catfish, you talk about good eaten, they are that). Anyway, I caught two large mouth bass 10", and a 12", on a 1/8 rooster tail, put them back. (I'm trout fishing here guys, not bass fishing ), then caught 3 trout and two bluegills. It was getting late, so I decided to turn them loose. (I was tryed and didn't feel like cleaning them, I also told the wife to go deer hunting, she saw some but not what she wanted, she is still on her way home) So I'm home resting, and playing with the pup. (Man she is mad, from us not being home much, she is really ruff houseing with me, but in a gentle way) Well thanks again to all for your support, and prayes folks, keep them coming!! (You can never have to much prayer )
Old 10-22-12, 06:15 PM   #49
woody

Harold, I'm still praying for you all.

I hope your dad has had a good day.. if not, then hopefully tomorrow will be better.

-Mark
Old 10-22-12, 11:18 PM   #50
bassfisher

Well my father started waking up around 10 this morning, and he started responding a little every time we wake him up around 4pm, and when I left him he around 8pm he squeezed my hand goodnight for the first today. But we also know night time has been moving him backwards. So I'm sure tonight will be no different. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.