Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-09, 01:07 PM   #1
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default WHAT I want in government!

It’s near impossible to write anything about WHAT I want in government, and not name anyone. Everything I say will point to someone, and the 99% republican here will point out I‘m talking about their prize!
I seen it in the 2004 election, the Democrats are dumb, the republicans made a typo! Same as I see here! The republicans make all kinds of bad grammar, and spelling, but, I’m the one that is dumb because I‘m liberal!

Get your popcorn ready, I’ll start it, and want the “no fear engineer” to tell me how! I named one, because I think he is a fake. Anyone can say they are great on the internet, having facts to back up what you say shows you may be! I took a dislike of him from the start, but I apologized, only to have him run me down more! But he blocked my post, WHY, because he don’t want to see the truth!
Get ready republicans, I don’t back down, and love a fight!

I’ll start with 9/11, have you popcorn ready!
Old 07-14-09, 01:30 PM   #2
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Gentleman of Bassfishin.com, let me be the first to state the obvious. Let's not respond to a post deliberately designed to start a fight. Clearly, this poster thrives on raising the ire of our respected and established members.

If this poster posts about fishing related topics we certainly should respond. However, his politic views, argumentative in nature, have no place on this forum.

Obviously, this is just a suggestion. I hope everyone considers it carefully.

Respectfully submitted,
Brushhog
Old 07-14-09, 01:43 PM   #3
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
Gentleman of Bassfishin.com, let me be the first to state the obvious. Let's not respond to a post deliberately designed to start a fight. Clearly, this poster thrives on raising the ire of our respected and established members.

If this poster posts about fishing related topics we certainly should respond. However, his politic views, argumentative in nature, have no place on this forum.

Respectfully submitted,
Brushhog
I didn't start it, you want me to run with my tail between my legs? I don't run!
Old 07-14-09, 02:22 PM   #4
brushhog

Gentleman of Bassfishin.com,
I rest my case. Please consider my suggestion and return our forum to the level of discourse and jocularity it has long been known for.

Respectfully submitted,
Brushhog
Old 07-14-09, 04:44 PM   #5
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm actually tempted to read this thread...the whole thread.

Nah...I'll just remain on the sidelines like a passive-aggressive jerk.

Old 07-14-09, 04:50 PM   #6
Jim80

Quote:

Respectfully submitted,
Brushhog

Nuff said .

Jim
Old 07-14-09, 05:12 PM   #7
WTL

You still havent said anything.
Old 07-14-09, 05:22 PM   #8
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
It’s near impossible to write anything about WHAT I want in government, and not name anyone. Everything I say will point to someone, and the 99% republican here will point out I‘m talking about their prize!
I seen it in the 2004 election, the Democrats are dumb, the republicans made a typo! Same as I see here! The republicans make all kinds of bad grammar, and spelling, but, I’m the one that is dumb because I‘m liberal!

Get your popcorn ready, I’ll start it, and want the “no fear engineer” to tell me how! I named one, because I think he is a fake. Anyone can say they are great on the internet, having facts to back up what you say shows you may be! I took a dislike of him from the start, but I apologized, only to have him run me down more! But he blocked my post, WHY, because he don’t want to see the truth!

*Yawn* dude yer boring as hell, and a get a f/n haircut, ya look like a machineshop reject from the 70s..who the hell fishes in a shop shirt that is retired? Ya look like a friggin fossil

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 07:15 PM   #9
Christopherkeene9

Quote:
gentleman of bassfishin.com, let me be the first to state the obvious. Let's not respond to a post deliberately designed to start a fight. Clearly, this poster thrives on raising the ire of our respected and established members.

Respectfully submitted,
brushhog
+1 .
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 08:01 PM   #10
WTL

Quote:

Respectfully submitted,
Brushhog
Hog,
you of all people have earned my respect on here. I will not engage in a fight with this person online, and have truly felt so unengaged so far by the debate I am willing to prod him on a bit further to see if he has anything interesting to say in defense of liberalism. If he does not, I will do the dirty work myself and craft a defense of liberal politics on here for everyone to hone their knives on. I think opposing viewpoints and robust discussion are good, and we need more of it - in a respectful and intellectual manner of course. I would like to encourage, among my fellow members, a new devotion to analytical reasoning and a forsaking of emotional reaction in regards to politics.
Old 07-14-09, 08:23 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Now THIS is more like it...

Old 07-14-09, 09:06 PM   #12
JB

man thats a great picture bryce, full of detail and meaning, where'd ya find it
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 09:16 PM   #13
nofearengineer

It is one of a famous series of paintings by Norman Rockwell, entitled "Freedom of Speech." Given WTL's signature, I always think of it when he talks politics. I just thought I would share a work of art I always loved.

He also did "Freedom of Religion," "Freedom from Want", and "Freedom from Fear" as part of the "Four Freedoms" series. Rockwell did it in response to FDR's speech referred to as his "Four Freedoms " speech. Though I am not a big fan of FDR, I do love Rockwell's paintings.
Old 07-14-09, 11:19 PM   #14
brushhog

WTL, I appreciate your compliment. the key point you make is intelligent and respectful. When I say intelligent, I do not refer to the quality of spelling and grammar, rather to the quality of thought. I simply don't feel this poster is putting forth that type of thought, rather is simply arguing for arguing sake. I hate that, I hate people who spew hate, or party lines, I can't tolerate the mindless following of one party or another, or the blind faith in any one leader. It is my opinion that that is the type of discussion desired by this post, kind of like the school yard argument about whose Dad was the toughest!

I love spirited, articulate debate and have often been stymied by intelligent well thought arguments that are contrary to my beliefs... and enjoyed that too! (Our recent discussion via PM is a great example, you provided me with great food for thought) This is not the case with this poster.

By the way, The Four Freedoms hang in the hallway of the school I teach in and I plan on stealing them 15 years from now when I retire...

Tight lines to all... I don't plan on returning to this thread!
Old 07-15-09, 04:11 AM   #15
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post

I'm politically progressive in many but not all areas and certainly am one for rational and scholarly political discourse, but this is not the really a place for it and your lead post indicates you are really just seeking a flame war.

I'd probably politically disagree considerably with some prior posters, but I'm wholly alongside them when they advise others to not take your bait.

Have you considered the fishing in your nearby waters? I hear it's good. Is it?

Last edited by Stew; 07-15-09 at 04:29 AM.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.