Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-11, 11:59 AM   #1
BigBurlyBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default favorite stick baits

What is everyone's favorite soft plastic stick bait brand? And why?
BigBurlyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 12:29 PM   #2
coyute
BassFishin.Com Member

I like the Yum Dingers. The colors are good, they are durable, they are affordable and most importantly they catch 'em.
coyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 12:38 PM   #3
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If cost were no option, there still is nothing better than the original Yamamoto Senko...not even close.

However, I do like Yum dingers and Wave Tiki Sticks as a close second. There is another smaller company that I use in bulk that are very nice as well but the name leaves me at the moment.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 01:28 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
If cost were no option, there still is nothing better than the original Yamamoto Senko...not even close.

However, I do like Yum dingers and Wave Tiki Sticks as a close second. There is another smaller company that I use in bulk that are very nice as well but the name leaves me at the moment.
x2. Over all performance, yama senkos are great! When you factor in price, dingers got em beat.

I'd really like to try the Kamini flash. I hear they're just like GYCB's but half the cost!
Old 08-26-11, 02:25 PM   #5
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The Kinami's are half the cost because you get less per package. It works out about the same, as far as a per bait price.

The GY Senkos are the best but pretty expensive. I like Yum Dingers and Grande Bass Honchos. I also use Alluring Bait Trick Sticks, they are a good, inexpensive stick bait.
Old 08-26-11, 03:37 PM   #6
WaffleJaw

I really liked the Forked Yum Dingers,But I think they discontinued them=(
Still get bite more on the GY Senkos though.

The LFT Hyper Stick is a fun bait as well...Havent fished it much,but it has produced.
http://www.lftlures.com/categories/s...-hyper-stick-5
Old 08-26-11, 03:47 PM   #7
PAfisher76
BassFishin.Com Member

Went through so many packs of BPS Stick-O and YUM Dingers I decided to start making my own.They work just as well and catch just as many fish, plus can make any color needed.
PAfisher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 04:03 PM   #8
keithdog

I don't have a favorite really. I've caught bass on several brands. I really like the Tiki Sticks, and Yamamotos. Tamas are expensive and dont hold up very well. But there are many good ones on the market.
Old 08-26-11, 04:49 PM   #9
Marc David

GYCBs are very hard to beat but I do hate the price. But best senko for the price, I would have to go with the one from Whopper Baits. Very close to the GYCB senko as far as softness and wiggle.
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 06:28 PM   #10
bassinbob

Wave and Case.
Old 08-26-11, 06:40 PM   #11
Tavery5

GYCB, nothing I have fished seems to come close to being albe to duplicate the fall and action produced by these baits. At 6-7 dollars a bag they may seem expensive, but if you only catch a fish or two on each one, you still have got your moneys worth in my opinon.
Old 08-27-11, 11:13 AM   #12
Captmikestarrett

I like the Wacko Worms the best. Semi durable and have port fat in them.. nothing catches big pigs like pork fat..
The salt is good in them as well.

But they are just a wee bit heavier than a Senko.

Side by side they fall at the same rate.

Capt Mike
Old 08-27-11, 12:28 PM   #13
lilmule

Hand poured,senko type,can add garlic,salt etc,take all rubber thats torn etc toss in a coffee can have cheap senkos to use as unusable formerly,avoid the tempation to pick up parking lot or ramp rubber will have oil in it or can.
Plastic molds are cheap and can make all you need for the season while its cold (winter).
Heat outside like on a grill in a pan,pour in garage or shop.Have some that has never worked,toss in the can.bet i was spending 50 bucks a year on senkos alone,now use them even more.Same with horney toads,dont have to buy them at all.
Guess one could call it recycling,as never toss any away.Just have all reborn in what molds i have,plaster of paris makes a decent one at a time mold as well as in open pour.(toads)
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 03:47 PM   #14
oglejust

big bite baits trick stick... y? bc theyre 99 cents a pack at gander. if money wasnt a problem what better brand than yamamoto?
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 05:20 PM   #15
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post

+10

yum catches em, durable & has a nice wiggle. wave tiki in pretty much any swirl colors catches em too. of course the original senkos catches em too. amongst these 3 are my favorites. if 1 brand has a particular color that the others dont have then i'll buy a pack regardless of pack. i buy more senkos when they are on sale. got some zoom too but they tend to be on the lighter side for a 5" bait. cant go wrong with any of them
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 06:02 PM   #16
Ebbetsguy

Alluring Trik Stiks, the best by far. Same catch ratio as Yammy's over priced easy to rip crap. If the salt was any larger in those Yammy baits they would split on the cast
I also use Barlows and BPS, diferent fall rates and that sometimes makes a difference
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 11:34 PM   #17
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Just FYI, I read somewhere the Kinami and GY are the exact same bait in a different package. GY's son kept pushing for the senkos to be sold at larger stores like Walmart, but GY didn't won't to look like a sell-out by leaving the tackle shops. So his boy talked him in to changing the name, packaging, and dropping the quantity, and price to make it look like a good deal. But I think by division of the quantity and price, you come out better buying a $7-8 bag of GYs.

I fish with the original GYs, Gander Mnt and Yum series. I like the GYs and GM are a close second for me. I have really never fished them that much, but I love the lifelike wiggle of the GYs on the fall and wacky rigging.
Old 08-29-11, 08:28 AM   #18
lilmule

Not exact each available in different colors and slight difference in hardening,I heard twas a difference or dispute between the two as to the the two companies.
The senko was and is a great bait along with all its immitations,fish dont refuse my hand poured ones,and cost is minimal as recycle as for hardness can add hardner to the repour if desired.I likem soft think the fish do as well.Turn out perfect for a wacky rig.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 10:20 AM   #19
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I mostly use the YUM Dingers. Got a few packs of GYCB, but they're too expensive for how easy they get torn up. I recently picked up half a dozen packs from Net Craft on clearance for $2 a pack. Haven't really used them yet though.

BB
Old 08-29-11, 12:53 PM   #20
johnD
BassFishin.Com Member

I have been using mix brands, one is made here locally no name on them ,sold in bulk at the local tackle shop, the others are BPS stick-o-worm 5 3/8", Yum dingers , and Alluring.
I throw all of them with a 3/0 gammy ewg and sufix #14 Elite.Where I bass fish 95% of the time I can catch just about every fish in the lake on either a stick bait or a stanley ribbit.
johnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.