Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-10, 02:37 AM   #1
martin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What is the best bait and technique for bass fishing?

I live near a very large lake and I wanted to go bass fishing this summer, but I don't know what the best lures or plastic bait are the best. I also don't know, when using plastic bait or lures, what the best technique is. Can anyone Help me?
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 02:56 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the site, make yourself and dig in. To answer your question there is no "best" anything in bass fishing. What works today may not work tomorrow, or what works for one guy may never work for you. I would just use the search bar and do some research on what has been discussed for certain situations like clear water, dirty water, warm water, cold water, pre-spawn, post-spawn, and so on. As you run into questions along the way feel free to ask.
Old 11-15-10, 09:42 AM   #3
HarveysMinnow
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome Martin...

It sure would be nice if there was just ONE best lure for catching Bass. Well, no, maybe it would not be so nice really, for it would soon become boring and unchallenging if we could catch all the Bass we wanted, all day every day, on just one special bait. In reality, I think part of the overall enjoyment of Bass fishing comes with the variety of techniques that we can try, and the fact that Mr. Bass is a very fickle critter who is not easily outwitted.

You, along with the rest of us, will have the entire winter to think about how you might catch more and larger bass next spring. I encourage you to read as many of these postings as you can - there is a wealth of good information here.

/
Old 11-15-10, 07:27 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the best site on the world wide web martin. As you have already seen there are a lot ofdifferent techniques to use during fall fishing. I would also say it depneds on WHERE in the country you are. weather conditions such as wind, air temp, water temp and so forth are also a factor. So the more info oyu cna give the gang here, the better we all can help you out pal.
Old 11-15-10, 10:40 PM   #5
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome Martin, you are gonna like it here, lots of great people who are more than willing to help. I once heard them refer to jigs as the "Million Dollar Bait" they claim more bass tournaments have been won on some variation of a jig than any other. I suggest you do some research on a bait called a Yamamoto Senko, it is a great place to start, not too expensive and very easy to use. Anway, welcome again and good luck.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 10:59 PM   #6
weekendfisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

I think that you will find this short article extremely helpful!

http://www.insideline.net/weeklynews/2009/09-0601a.html
weekendfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.