Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-06, 07:14 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report Form Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, we finally got some rain. It lasted about ten minutes. This was a good rain. The only problem was it needed to last 7 or 8 days and then we could have had something to talk about. The lake want come up as most will soak in. We are about 4 feet low and falling. There are plenty of places to fish and put your boat in. Just be careful when you are running and idling around. The word IDLE should be in most boaters mind if you are uncertain about running.
The fishing has been good. There are plenty of fish schooling and top water and lipless crank baits have been good choices to sling at them. I keep a half or quarter ounce lipless crank bait tied on at all times this time of year. The tail spinner is a good choice as you can cast it a mile. Key areas have been main lake points and grass beds. I know everyone is tired of hearing the words main lake points and grass but this is the best areas to look. The creeks are another good choice. When the fish go down try a Lake Fork Tackle Twitch Worm, Wave Baby Tiki Stick, Fluke, and Lake Fork Tackle Zig Zag fished weightless or wacky style. Let the bait sink slowly with not much movement and let them have it for just a second before setting the hook.
Texas and Carolina rigs fished off main lake points and grass have produced some nice fish. Lake Fork Tackle Baby Ring Fries have been my choice on either rig.
Tail spinners and jigging spoons are coming into play on the deep humps and road beds. The Bar Fish are showing up and these are a good choice for your young fishermen. The spoon dropped over the side of the boat will keep them reeeling and having a good time. Look for the schools of bait then look for fish feeding on them. Drop a marker and you should be in business.
I have September dates open if you are looking to fish the Mc Donald tournament you may wont to book a trip to get and ideal what to do are where you should fish.
Give me a call and we can set up a date.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.