Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-12, 12:43 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Current?

Bass like current in the warm weather right? Well my local lake has got quite a bit of that.

The first and most important part of this thread:
How do you handle current? Fish position, what to throw, etc.. Feel free to click reply now if you don't want to read on.

The second, and more specific part of this thread:

Here we have two lakes. Upper and Lower Red lake, which are separated by a dam. The lakes were formed when they dammed the Red River, so the current is definitely present. The lakes are a little less than 100 acres each, with the Lower being the one I fish the most. Their's two sports that I can fish well from shore, both have good current flow.

The first sport, is right below the "power house". Here the water from The Upper flows into the Lower. It's shallow here and quite rocky. I've included a satellite image of the area for a visual, and a topo map.

(Flow: East - West)

The second is separated by a road with a bridge connecting the two areas. On the north side of the Road, we have Miller Creek (a small trout creek with cool water) that flows in. The south side, we have the rest of lake, and the flow under the bridge. By the bridge we have a small amount of rip rap. I've also included a satellite image and topo map.

(Flow From Mill Creek: North - South; from lake: East- West)

At the moment, the water is low and clear due to the lake of rain. And as you can see from the pics, we have grass... and lots of it.

Topo Map: http://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/maps/DNR/0327800a.pdf

So with all the information given, how would you attack these areas?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.