Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-12, 01:08 AM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Mon/Tue report and 4-day summary

Summary:
4 days, 7 outings, 22 hours of fishing, 55 fish into the boat -- 38 LM, 10 SM, 4 Rock and 3 Northern Pike (plus 3 other slimy pike that are now swimming around the lake with one of Kory's jigs )

Saturday recap

Sunday recap

Mon/Tue recap:
I caught 4 LM and 1 Smallie on Monday evening. All the LMs came on a jig & pig. I also lost a jig & pig Smallie that looked to be in the 3+ range. When that happened just before sundown, I was sure my streak of catching one 3+ pound SM in each outing would end. But just as it was getting dark, I switched to a Pop-R and caught this 3lb 2oz SM on my first cast. It would turn out to be my last fish of the night.

I went out from 9:00 until noon Tuesday morning, caught 6 LM, 1 SM, and fed a jig to a pike for the second consecutive outing. The Smallie was once again the best fish of the outing, although my streak of a 3-pounder per outing ended when this 16-incher came up at 2lb 15oz.

The Tuesday evening outing was very enjoyable. After hitting 3 other spots that produced only 2 Rock Bass and a two pound LM, I headed back to my "normal spot" where I have fished the majority of my 22 hours. They were pounding the jig & pig. I boated 3 LM, 2 SM and 1 pike in an hour. I also had another pike steal a jig, had another nice Smallie come unbuttoned, and missed at least a couple bites. Here are the best fish of the night...a 2lb 14oz, 16.75" SM and a 2lb 13oz, 16" LM.

If the rain in the forecast stays away, I should be able to get in some more fishing before the first wave of the other 24 family members arrive for the rest of the week.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 05:39 AM   #2
joedog

4 days of pure joy it sounds like!
7 boated bass per outing in my book is a job well done plus a 3+ lb. SM each outing, now your talking/typing!
The resort have any open days freed up yet, bags packed, always have some poles and tackle in car, checked with the crew and got a resounding, "Yes Joe please go on a trip, the farther the better and please leave your phone at the office."
So just waiting here by the phone.
Wow Dean! What a place you and the boss have.
Enjoy the day and I predict 2, 3lb. SM this fine day. Pulled up the weather radar and I think your rainy day is also taking a vacation day, so get out and have more great times.
Dean thanks for the share.
Old 08-01-12, 06:57 AM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm glad to see your enjoying your solo trip Dean. Love the pics and related stories that go with them. The jig bite sure sounds hot up there. I'm curious, what are you listening to from the boom box? I'm assuming Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston theme songs?
Old 08-01-12, 07:26 AM   #4
WatterBoy

Yeah, other than those theme songs (), that radio is only used for listening to Twins games -- either in the boat or by the campfire usually. Tough loss last night to the White Sox.
Old 08-01-12, 09:58 AM   #5
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
4 days of pure joy it sounds like!
7 boated bass per outing in my book is a job well done plus a 3+ lb. SM each outing, now your talking/typing!
The resort have any open days freed up yet, bags packed, always have some poles and tackle in car, checked with the crew and got a resounding, "Yes Joe please go on a trip, the farther the better and please leave your phone at the office."
So just waiting here by the phone.
Wow Dean! What a place you and the boss have.
Enjoy the day and I predict 2, 3lb. SM this fine day. Pulled up the weather radar and I think your rainy day is also taking a vacation day, so get out and have more great times.
Dean thanks for the share.
Sorry, man, there is already an annual waiting list and all the spots get claimed early each year. For a small annual fee, though, I can add your name to the end of the waiting list. You know how that goes with Packers season tickets, right?!?
Old 08-01-12, 07:54 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

note to self...FIND DEAN A NICER SHIRT!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

for real though dean....osunds like oyu had a wonderful time man. those pics (except the ugly shirt pic) are great. i can't wait to get my baby cajun fixed and go out again.

and as for that list....i am getting closer to the top right? lol!!
Old 08-01-12, 08:12 PM   #7
nobass

i do not know what you do for a living but are they hiring. nice report and goodlooking fish as far as shirts go anything is better than BAMA
Old 08-01-12, 10:53 PM   #8
joedog

[QUOTE=WatterBoy;387091]Sorry, man, there is already an annual waiting list and all the spots get claimed early each year. For a small annual fee, though, I can add your name to the end of the waiting list. You know how that goes with Packers season tickets, right?!? [/QUOTE

Man I usually have to wait for the Viking /Packer match on Mn. turf in order to get a seat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.