Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-09, 09:11 AM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sick to my Stomach

So yesterday we went fishin at a pond where we have caught 80 fish in a day, and gets almost no pressure.... We have seen two 6lber caught on one day by two kids that were fishin for the first time (community thing, our club takes kids fishin) but of recent we have only caught fish that were consistently 1-2lbs.....we caught 120 fish b/w 3 of us in two days (like 6 hours)

but yesterday was the first time in 3 weeks, it was My brother, SBK (swimbaitkid), and me..... my brother likes 'catchin' , he likes to catch fish, so he loves to fish on small ponds where we kill em, but he usually never fishes a tournament..... but he is good with a wacky worm in his hand and has a lot of experience fishin, AND he is really lucky

so we were talkin about maybe today we will get a big one today, and later when all 3 of us were fishin in this tiny johnboat, my brother set the hook and 4 seconds later it flat STRIPPED DRAG.....but it ran away from the bushy stuff (which suprised me) and went to deep water.... he played it like a pro, let it strip drag, i was paddlin that way, he got it up and it was EASYILY over 8.5 lbs..... we all screamed, SBK was closest and was leanin out tryin to lip it, it was gettin closer and in slow mo the hook pops out...

Just like that its all over, hook just popped out...... we were all goin crazy, actually my brother was the most composed, SBK was punchin him and i was smackin the paddle against the water..

IF we would of had a net, you would be seeing a huge BRAGGIN BOARD story, but now all we got is the story

so i would say at the least it was 8.5 lbs, but most likely it was 9.5 and depending on the stomach could of been 10lbs.... definatley since it has a lot of bluegill to feed off of.....

so we goin back again today, and hopefully we will have another chance with a big fish, sorry this was soooo long

Last edited by aikenyounggun; 07-07-09 at 11:51 AM.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.