Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-11, 06:32 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Unhappy I simply will never learn

I sent this as a PM to kennethdaysale in response to his 6300 post because I've probably have already made enough of you unhappy already. But I simply will never learn to just keep things to myself. So in an effort to help, I'll share my letter with you all. These comments are not meant for any one person or to hurt anyone's feelings. Rememder originally this was not meant to be published but here it is:
Originally Posted by joedog
First I want to thank you for trying to improve or rather increase activity at this site! Next I guess you may have figured out why activity is slow, NO-ONE CARES. I am completely amazed that this post has been up all weekend and only 2 veteran posters even commented, and all they had to say is what can't be done or why things are like they are. Now there are alot of great minds at this site, surgeons, enginners,accountants, teachers, college students even high school kids who mess with forums and chat rooms and such on a daily basis. Yet no input. Fact they won't even take the time to comment on posts already made on this topic. Even the newbie's entry just tells why something dosn't work, but at least he gave his thoughts of a prior post.
Now I'm not going to waste your time with more ideas, which I do have, because my time is probably better spent on finding a new joke so at least theres more activity.
Now to end this, I will leave you with a few thoughts to ponder. There seems to be a tendency to tell a new poster that the subject they have questions on has already been covered and sometimes they are even told to go to search to find thier answer. Now the last thing a newbie wants to do is spend alot of time trying to figure out how to use the site. Now it may be more effective if an idea was given and a link to the search topic also added for additional information and to show how much information is avalible here. What do you think happens when you ask a question and the response is, we've done that or we answered that before. You think I'm asking another question, it's probably been asked before. There is going to be repeating of topics when you have new people anywhere! If you don't want to say something again, don't. But don't send the asker searching, because they rarely will. They just go elsewhere. It appears to me that some of the regular posters really treat the forum more like a chat room yet they won't go to the chat site.This is fine but I can't tell you how many posts I've gotten involved with that seems to turn into discourse between a couple of posters disagreeing. Thats exactly what a chat room is for! Now I appologize for PMing you but I wasn't comfortable just spooting off about about this because it's really not my place, I'm a newbie.
I want to thank you again but unfortunatly I think your going to have a uphill battle on this one. Let's face it, some people just don't like change!

I will repeat, I'm not trying to be crirical or hurt anyone, just sharing my thoughts. (I have so few of them, I have to share them when they do happen)
Good fishing to everyone and I truely do enjoy this site!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.