Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-11, 09:59 AM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Very sad time for my family

Many of you know that my 22 yr old daughter, Brittney, is expecting a baby. This will be our first grandchild. We have known for about 2 months that there was a big problem. It started as calcium deposits showing up on his heart in a sonogram. They said it was common but would need to keep a close watch. Then they did more detailed testing and said it was worse. They did an amnio and it showed a missing gene and that it had cause a syndrom called de george. That causes heart problems and other problems. She was switched to childrens mercy in KC and we were then told that he was missing one of the main heart arteries but that it was something that was repairable with good success rates. We were all set up to have Easton delivered early and a team of surgeons was going to be ready to do the surgery to repair the missing artery. We went this week to meet all the surgeons, do some final testing and were going to be led through the process of what to expect. We got everything set up For Brittney to stay at the Mc Donald charity house for a few weeks as she needed to be close to the hospital in case he came early or there were any complications. We knew this was very bad, but we had faith that it was something they could fix and any long term problems would just be something we would deal with. It was early Friday morning that they did an echo cardio on him through her belly. This gave the best look at the heart so far and after that they brought us in and dropped the news that it was far worse than they thought. They did try to give us a small amount of hope that it could still somehow change for the better, but the doctor that actually did the echo told us that she was positive his heart valve was not good, it was starting to leak and was not repairable. There is the slim posibility that it could somhow reverse or look better when he is delivered and they do an echo on him then, but I think some of that was for Brittney's sake. We were told that unless there was a major change for the better, we needed to be prepared to expect to only have him for a few hours, and that they would try to make him as comfortable as possible during that time. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers during this troubling time. We are not only worried about losing the baby that we were excited to meet, but we now are very worried about how our Daughter will cope after such a tragedy. The baby will be delivered on or close to Sept 12th. I will be taking a week before that and a few weeks after that to take care of things. I will be caught up on any reels that I have now or that were sent this way already. I will let you know how things go and when I will be back to work after.

Last edited by pro reel; 08-20-11 at 10:05 AM.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 10:18 AM   #2
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

WOW Prayer said.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 10:22 AM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Will do Kevin. So sorry man, I am praying for y'all.
Old 08-20-11, 10:22 AM   #4
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

So sorry, Pro reel. I will pray for your family.
Old 08-20-11, 11:39 AM   #5
nobass

sorry i will keep you and your family in my thoughts. will but a prayer message at church . wish you the best
Old 08-20-11, 11:44 AM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

kevin, i kow this doesn't help much. but jsut wanted you to know that reading this made my heart break, i am so sorry for you, and oyur family and your daughter especially. GOD has a plan, we are not to ask why, just have faith. i pray that GOD will guide your family through this crisis and make oyu stronger in your faith. i will continue to pray for the miricle that GOD has in HIS power to heal this child for oyu and oyur family.
Old 08-20-11, 12:12 PM   #7
bassinbob

Kevin, so sorry for the sad news. I'll pray for all of you.
Old 08-20-11, 01:07 PM   #8
Tavery5

Kevin, my heart is heavy for you and your family, I hope you know it goes without saying, but if I can do anything for you guys, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 08-20-11, 01:09 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Kevin,

I'm so sorry this is happening to your family in what ought to be a time of joy. I can only imagine what your daughter is going through. Be with your family and do your best to guide them though this. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 08-20-11, 01:34 PM   #10
Jrob78

Man, Kevin, I don't even know what to say. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine anything harder than what you guys are going through right now. Be with your family and your daughter and do your best to keep them positive and together. My deepest condolences.
Old 08-20-11, 01:55 PM   #11
Bob Smith

That is so sad, Kevin. Prayers from my family to yours. Be strong and may God guide you through these troubled times.
Old 08-20-11, 01:59 PM   #12
Bassboss

This truly is a sad time for you and your family, I pray that all goes well and that God work the best out of the situation. I hope these verses prove comforting to you and your family.

Matthew 18:14.... So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Romans 5:12-19.... Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.

Revelation 21:4..... He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Psalm 34:18..... The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Old 08-20-11, 02:30 PM   #13
keithdog

Kevin, my heart breaks reading this. My wife and I lost a child at birth. After 21 years it still hurts. My heart goes out to you, your daughter and your family. I will say a special prayer for you all. If there is anything you wish to talk about or need, you have my number. And as for the reel you have, forget about it buddy. It doesn't even need mentioning. Whats going on in your family is all that matters. I could wait for months for all I care. You just take care of your daughter, yourself, and your family. Thats all that matters now. I'll put in a special prayer request at church for little Easton.
Old 08-20-11, 02:39 PM   #14
66KingFisher

It always breaks my heart to hear this kinda stuff....Kevin you and your family is in our prayers buddy....keep us posted.
Old 08-20-11, 03:04 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

Man Kevin I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this, like the others I am heart broken for you guys. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 06:11 PM   #16
woody

Kevin, my prayers are with you, your family and the medical staff, during all of this.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:38 PM   #17
bcklash

Praying for your family
Old 08-20-11, 08:55 PM   #18
bassboogieman

What sorrowfull news at what should be a most joyous occasion. Prayers sent for the family and especially Easton.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 03:52 AM   #19
bluebasser86

Bama, very well said. More prayers sent your way Kevin.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:50 AM   #20
woody

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this morning.

"Mercy for Easton!"

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 05:55 PM   #21
CamG

So sorry to hear that Kevin. Thoughts and prayers for your family.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 11:07 PM   #22
pro reel

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. This is going to be a very rough 3 weeks to get through while we wait, hope and pray. It does help to know that so many good people are praying with us. My wife has read all of your posts and she was very moved by the support. We have relayed to our Daughter that she has a lot of good people pulling for her and it's in Gods hands now.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 09:14 AM   #23
1/4 stick

Prayer being sent for you and your family Pro.
Old 08-22-11, 07:35 PM   #24
WatterBoy

Kevin, so very sorry to learn of this bad news. Prayers already sent and more will follow.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 07:53 PM   #25
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear about this. That's awful, but together you and your family will get through it. Stay strong; we'll be praying for you.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.