Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-05, 02:27 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default DOH!!!!

Well Rebasser had a post awhile ago about the biggest memory laspe type stuff on your boats. Well this is about the best one for Brain Fa-ts. I was excited about getting out today fishing, since I haven't been in about three months. So I got the boat ready last, night, topped off the batteries, checked everything 5 times etc. Got up and got ready, hooked the boat up, checked the lights, got my coffee and hit the road the coal pit at about 745am. Got down to the lake, entrance about 930am, thinking about strategies the whole drive down, and not planning on catching much, with low 40 temps, and water temps in the upper 30 lower 40's expected. Anyway I pull up the the gate, and get ready to get out to unlock it and pull in, when I realize I don't have the key to the lock : :-[ I had been taking our pickup truck the last few times to fish, and had switched the key to another key ring. Of course no one but myself would think of fishing on this day so no one was there to open the gate for me DOH So frustrated, I decided to grab a couple of poles, and a tackle box and see about some dock fishing. You need to understand that this lake is really not accessible from the shore. Steep banks, tremendous plant growth, just prohibits from reaching 90% of the water from the shore. So I cast my weightless black Lizard out and on the 5th cast I hook into a 8" LM, and release the midget quickly. About 5 casts later I hook into a 3lber(didn't weigh it) and landed it and released it. Well now I feel a little better, but that was the last bite of the day, for another 3hours of fishing, and thinking what an idiot I was for forgetting the key. Well at least I caught a couple fo fish, and got to fish, so lifes not horrible. But I was laughing at myself pretty hard.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.