Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-05, 09:03 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Reading those old lake maps

We got out a lake map today that I have been using probably about 15 years, had lots of hot spots marked that I'll hit this weekend, but man after not looking at one for 4-5 years, it takes awhile to remember how the lake is layed out compared to the way its pieced together on the TOPO map, which of course will show
road beds, stump fields, standing trees (at that time, by now they may be rotten and gone), also foundations
and 3 huge causeway - bridges, which always hold fish, the pillers are a current break , and the side have giant rip rap, along the side of the bridges at 1/4 mile of rip rap...
anyways,, this lake is 18 miles long feed by several big creeks, and is in sections A . B . C , Â*D on the TOPO
First I had the lake upside down for the area we ramp out of lol...shaking head.... then I start to mark with a yellow high lighter some areas and notice they just bled through the other side,, So I am just sticking with my original X;'s to show hot spots
ANy of ya out there read maps for all the lakes ya go to?
and do ya mark known hot spots? Its like keeping a diary of lake fishing point, mainly due to good structure
like trees , rocks, or brush piles..ya hardly find any vegetation on this lake, its a old town that they dammed
up in 1970, so thats why all the foundations and streets...its awesome fishery,, striper, walleye , small mouth, largemouth, crappie, cat, white bass, bluegill, carp
Brook ville Lake Indiana ..here we come!
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.