Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-05, 08:28 PM   #1
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey
Default Rigging tubes better

Tube baits are one of my favorite lures to fish and one of my best producers. The only problem with it IMO was that either way you rigged it (inner jighead or t-rig) it would catch weeds, in the jighead way by the hook, and t-rig by the weight. I like to use the jighead teqnique whenever possible beccuase it gives the tube a slow, spiriling fall, but most of the time I am limited to the t-rig because t doesnt pick up as many weeds. Well today when fishing I decided to expiriment and put a bullet weight inside a BPS magnum flipping tube( my favorite). It fit in tightly and I could texas rig it. Because the weight was inside it gave the bait the slow, spiriling fall of the jighead rig and because it was t-rigged with no weight on the outside it didnt catch nearly as many weeds. In very thick cover and snot grass it did pick up some weeds, but not in huge chunks like the other two methods. I caught two average size bass on it( 2 pounder and a good 3.5 pounder) and the weight did not fall out for the whole time I was fishing. Does anyone else use this rig? In places with no weeds or cover, I will continue to use a jighead, but this has taken the place of a t-rigged tube for me.
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.