Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-09, 11:39 PM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
the right of way is still the right of way.
Okay....maybe I should have said "Here lies MallenManson...he had the right of way". I don't care who was wrong. Dead is dead.
Old 06-01-09, 09:11 AM   #27
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I was just trying to diagram the situation. Depending on how busy the on comming road is, it might be a consideration to not allow passing there. Since I don't know the road, I can't say for certain.
I agree with that.

Quote:
I'm not following you here....are you saying you shouldn't be allowed to pass everywhere a side road hits the main road? That's every mile, or less
Yes. In ohio, that's considered an intersection (that probably have another name for it, but same concept) and passing is not allowed within 100 ft of an intersection.

Quote:
It's not busy at all. In fact, the opposite side isn't even paved. But even if it was busy, the right of way is still the right of way. I find it hard to believe that some places shut down passing because of a side road joining the main road.
Not completely, like I said, 100 ft. Enough to prevent the almost accident you had and future ones. The rest of your miled between roads, go ahead and pass. I live out from town and there are roads every mile, and of every mile between crossroads, there's two hundred feet you can't pass (100 for both intersections).

Like nofear said, we're not trying to start something with you, we just don't agree with how the road is set up.

BB
Old 06-01-09, 01:27 PM   #28
NWOhioBear
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NWOhioBear

Mallen seriously? You don't have the right of way driving on the wrong side of the road passing someone when you're already speeding. Whether the road is marked or not, it is illegal to pass someone through and intersection. When ANY road connects to another it is an intersection. Doesn't matter if just because it's not highly traveled there is an allowance to pass there. I know I lived in Michigan.

As 66 said slow down a bit and think. It's best for all of us. I am sorry I just keep laughing at this. "He was only going 5 mph over so I had to pass him. Then another car wanted to turn on their correct lane but since I was in the inccorrect lane they pissed me off because I had to break and they honked their horn at me."

Lol whether your mad or not. It was absolutely your fault. No matter what the sheriff you talked to said. When you cause an accident speeding and passing someone through an intersection and get ticketed. Don't be upset because you've been warned it's illegal!

Bear

Last edited by NWOhioBear; 06-01-09 at 01:37 PM.
NWOhioBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 06:33 PM   #29
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Okay....maybe I should have said "Here lies MallenManson...he had the right of way". I don't care who was wrong. Dead is dead.

Last time I checked, noone was dead
Old 06-01-09, 06:35 PM   #30
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioBear View Post
Mallen seriously? You don't have the right of way driving on the wrong side of the road passing someone when you're already speeding. Whether the road is marked or not, it is illegal to pass someone through and intersection. When ANY road connects to another it is an intersection. Doesn't matter if just because it's not highly traveled there is an allowance to pass there. I know I lived in Michigan.

As 66 said slow down a bit and think. It's best for all of us. I am sorry I just keep laughing at this. "He was only going 5 mph over so I had to pass him. Then another car wanted to turn on their correct lane but since I was in the inccorrect lane they pissed me off because I had to break and they honked their horn at me."

Lol whether your mad or not. It was absolutely your fault. No matter what the sheriff you talked to said. When you cause an accident speeding and passing someone through an intersection and get ticketed. Don't be upset because you've been warned it's illegal!

Bear

Not here, it isn't.

Wrong again, It is not their lane until it is clear for them to proceed.
Old 06-01-09, 09:02 PM   #31
nofearengineer

Quote:
Last time I checked, noone was dead
Yes, and thank God for that. But if you're gonna continue to risk your hide simply because you "know you're in the right," there might be some storm clouds on your horizons. I'm not gonna say any more on the subject...you're a grown-up and you can make your own decisions...let's just hope they're good ones.
Old 06-02-09, 12:53 AM   #32
NWOhioBear
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to NWOhioBear

He is actually right. I checked it out. It is legal to pass through intersections in Michigan. A bill was introduced this year to stop it though so be aware . Sorry Mallen I thought that it was illegal in every state since it's such a moronic thing to do. Just shows how Michigan is (go buckeyes!). Sorry for coming accross so harshly with your recklesness it is perfectly legal except for the speeding.
NWOhioBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:43 PM   #33
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioBear View Post
He is actually right. I checked it out. It is legal to pass through intersections in Michigan. A bill was introduced this year to stop it though so be aware . Sorry Mallen I thought that it was illegal in every state since it's such a moronic thing to do. Just shows how Michigan is (go buckeyes!). Sorry for coming accross so harshly with your recklesness it is perfectly legal except for the speeding.

The only thing you need to apologize for, in any of my threads, is saying go buckeyes

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.