Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-05, 02:08 PM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default what do ya'll have for a tackle box?

im just wondering, because im still in the market for one, i have been looking at the cableas advanced anglers backpack, but i would like a nice hard tackle box. Has anyone here ever had or tried the new Plano 4by rack system? and if you have how is it for the money?Any answers would be appreciated.

-PowerBass
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 02:13 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: what do ya'll have for a tackle box?

I have the Plano 777 hard tacklebox. It's got 2 plano boxes that slide into it, plus a spinnerbait box also tha slides into it. I have liked it, but it's a little big for carrying around if your shore fishing.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 03:00 PM   #3
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I have the same box, with 3 trays of jerkbaits lol
the top is so full of spinnerbaits I use a bungie cord to wrap around it for those bouncy trips down the lake
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 03:35 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

powerbass, arnt you a shore fisherman? i just use a backpack, any kind. its eassy to transport. just get a few of those plano 3600 boxs and stick them in there. i also have a plani tackle bag that came with 4 3600 in it and i dont use it alot. it was on sale at wal-mart for 12.00 but the back pack works grat. also you can get one of them vests to wear. lots of pockets.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 04:01 PM   #5
bassguy2004

I use the soft bags by Shimano. Each bag has 6 hard plastic worm proof boxes. A zippered pouch in front, one in back and one on each side. They have worked nicely for me.
Old 04-02-05, 04:06 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i have a van dam series bag it has 7 plano boxes in it 4 3700's -pro series-, 1 falcon740 spinnerbait box,a 3549.with jerk baits,and a 3480 i use my termiaL tackle in. i also run a wally world flw bag with 4 3600's for soft plastic baits.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 04:36 PM   #7
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've got one of these, except for my lid is blue. Â*Oh, and it was labeled Bill Dance when I bought it.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

It does perfect for me. It is getting kind of small though for all the tackle that I have.

My advice, just get whatever you can afford and what appeals to you. One good thing about a hard box is you can use it as a seat too, so you don't have to sit on the ground if it is a little wet. A backpack is good because it frees your hands, but you might break something if you try sitting on it.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 05:38 PM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Like Bassguy2004, I use 2 Shimano soft packs and a Plano 575T box that has 4 drawers in front and a top that opens up for another storage compartment. Its old ,but I really like it. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 07:36 PM   #9
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I've got a soft bait binder, a tackle box of worms, and the the bottom of a hard tackle box filled up with soft plastics. But I don't have many jigs/cranks/spinners, so tackle binders are the way to go for me.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 08:01 PM   #10
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

i have a cabela's denny brauer super magnum bag.the cabelas are the highest quality bags out there bar none.you can buy them in different sizes to fit your needs.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 08:03 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1112461710;start=0#1 date=04/02/05 at 12:13:58]I have the Plano 777 hard tacklebox. It's got 2 plano boxes that slide into it, plus a spinnerbait box also tha slides into it. I have liked it, but it's a little big for carrying around if your shore fishing.

Lizards[/quote]

Well to be truthful, this is just my little tackle box :-[ My real one is a truck tool box. Not a huge one, a plastic one you just throw in the bed of a truck. Of course I have three worm binders jammed full, plus my storage compartment up front stuffed full, plus my other smaller tackle box for topwaters ;D. You get the idea, I have no idea how I'm gonna trim it down enough to be a non boater ???

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 08:28 PM   #12
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I'd dig my favs from each catagory .....or... take smaller amounts of the plastics, which is hard to do if you find a color they are hitting...The non boater usually has to cram his stuff somewhere on the floor of the boat and it gets tossed around or stepped on through out the day, I know I have so many spinnerbaits it really makes the box top heavy , so I try to use that as a starting point to make room..lots of times I need a lake map and have to sacrifice tackle room for that and other necessities..you know,, pnut butter crackers lmao
Its True!
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 08:40 PM   #13
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

wow thanks for all the replys, i may have to looki into the shimano bags or a backpack style
Old 04-02-05, 08:53 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

if you do get a back pack, dont get one of those fancy dancy fishing backpacks because they are a waste of money IMO, unless you have the money to spend or if you find one on sale, but just get a regular 20$ or cheaper backpack and by some tackle storage boxxes.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 08:56 PM   #15
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

thats what i was just looking at on cableas, the dimensions and all that, man i could buy a nice jan sport or an east sport for 20 bucks and the 3700 or 3600 storage boxes for around 2 dollars a pop so the whole kittnkaboodle would cost around 30$ and would be a hell of a lot lighter than my plano 737
Old 04-03-05, 03:52 AM   #16
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I use a blue "Wal-Mart" bag. I just toss the stuff in the boat. I'll find it later. You can also keep your feet dry when it rains with them. Your hat too.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 08:56 AM   #17
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

I've got a Galyan's Shaw Grigsby bag with six Plano 3700 style boxes in it that my wife got me for Christmas. I store all my hard baits in it. For soft plastics I have one of those freebie bags everybody is giving away if you buy a rod or reel. It's allready jam packed with extra stuff laying around so I need to come up with something different. For spinnerbaits I bought one of those Cabela's Denny Brauer bags when they where on sale over the winter. All in all it works out well for me. I can throw the bags over my shoulders and get my rods in my hands and go.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-05, 12:44 AM   #18
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Plano for my spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, FLW bag for all my crankbaits and topwaters, Large plano, carries 3 boxes and 5 small boxes- worms, frogs, lizards, knife, scents, hooks. 3 total. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 03:25 PM   #19
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

When I go as a non-boater, I carry a" Minnesota fats" box. This thing has enough boxes that I can carry almost any thing that I may need. From deep crankbaits to top water baits.
When I go to a pond, I just carry what I need. I just put pliers in one pocket, clippers in another pocket and my "dip" in another pocket. Iv'e got a small plano filled with tackle to match any conditions that may arrise. I don't carry more than two rods. (mostly just one)
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.