Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-06, 09:13 PM   #1
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default write to b.a.s.s. and tell them to end relationship with citgo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just emailed bass after learning they are in cahoots with citgo which is owned by venezuela.i hope all b.a.s.s. members will write and tell them to end their relationship with our enemies.GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

as an american citizen who fully supports our president and his policy on terrorism and world affairs i demand that you end all relationships with citgo.citgo is owned by Venezuela .as we know the government of Venezuela is sole owner of Citgo Gasoline Company. Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."
it is your duty as american's to end all ties with citgo.i am spreading the word about this to all the internet fishing websites i can.hopefully the pressure from fishermen will make you see the error of your ways.
Old 05-06-06, 07:56 PM   #2
Sluggo Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You do realize that he isn't opposed to America itself, but America's policies, correct?
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 08:31 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Who Chavez?

He is using the common communist theme that everything wrong in his sh!tty country is the result of "American Imperialism". He is making America his scapegoat. The policies of America? Sh!t. He might not like them, but don't give him too much credit...he is not ideologically pure at all. He wants power. He has a big ego, and he is using the best available means to consolodate all the power he can into his hands. Same as Castro, same as Lenin. Sure they speak of Revolution, of helping the proletariat...but why is it in these countries that the proletariat is never really helped? Well, its a combination of the facts that the leadership come first on the totem pole and that the system the leadership expouses as a means of fooling the proletariat is incapable of really helping the workers anyway.
Old 05-06-06, 09:10 PM   #4
JB

Indeed. But that won't do much good if Chavez makes good on his threat to cut off oil exports to the United States -- which he swears he will do if the Bushistas don't stop ****ing with him. So Chevron reportedly has been lobbying Washington to do just that. I guess when you name a supertanker after someone, you figure you're entitled to have your calls returned.
Bottom line: Thanks to soaring oil prices, Chavez has managed to escape the trap that usually awaits leftist Third World leaders who won't dance to the IMF's tune or kowtow to the global superpower, but who also don't want to make the great leap forward into Stalinist repression and communal poverty. For the moment at least, he doesn't have to worry about capital flight, or economic strangulation or "structural adjustments." Not as long as he's got his hands on the spigot that keeps the go juice flowing.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 09:11 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo Man

You do realize that he isn't opposed to America itself, but America's policies, correct?
Of course he isn't opposed to America-we are keeping him rolling in $$ buying Citgo gas. After I saw this I swore off Citgo for good:

Sheehan and Chavez. Enough said as far as I'm concerned.

I'm with you,Dodge.
Old 05-06-06, 09:13 PM   #6
WTL

Yep JB. Bottom line is unless there is another coup that actually keeps him in exile this time, Chavez is gonna be in power for a long time.
Old 05-06-06, 10:50 PM   #7
dodgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo Man

same thing.
Old 05-06-06, 10:51 PM   #8
dodgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
Of course he isn't opposed to America-we are keeping him rolling in $$ buying Citgo gas. After I saw this I swore off Citgo for good:

Sheehan and Chavez. Enough said as far as I'm concerned.

I'm with you,Dodge.

thanks dude!!!
Old 05-07-06, 11:10 AM   #9
nb1226
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nb1226

I say to Venezula, bring it on. We know that they wont last long against us.
nb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 06:24 PM   #10
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You know, I'm fully American, and I don't want to start crap, but y'know, Venezuela ain't in a war, and they get gas for thirteen cents a gallon, while we're fighting an oil rich country and paying $3.00 ( And it's only getting worse.) Bush doesn't care about gas prioces, and neither do the rest of his administration. They're oil moguls! Theyd love to see gas hit 5 bucks a gallon. Again, I support our soldiers fully, but I personally have no problem with chavez. (yet)
Old 05-08-06, 12:41 PM   #11
WTL

We have no fight with venezuela right now. Chavez is just an isolated p#&$. Don't make him into the next Sadam.

That stuff about the Bush admin being oil moguls is a little ridiculous though. Its much more profitable to be a successful president than a succesful robberbaron, cause the president has real power. The high oil prices are destroying this president's chance at making a comeback in the approval ratings. If he could lower the price of gas he would, but he can't. It really cant be done. People should stop looking to politicians for all their answers, they arent God...they arent even as strong as the invisible hand.
Old 05-08-06, 02:04 PM   #12
nb1226
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nb1226

I agree with you WTL. It seems that everything that happens Bush gets the blame. A lot of that is because of the media and their hidden agendas
nb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 06:09 AM   #13
1FASTLASER

My perosnal thoughts on the WHOLE pic is to shutoff ALL trading and buying from ANY country. I know for a fact that there are places in the states that have almost endless supplies of crude oil. Souther Missouri back in the late 70's was the area that a huge team of sizemetologists (spelling aint right) did there thing on. I personall talked to several of them and they all had the same reply. Right there in the Ozarks is enough crude to keep the country going for MANY MANY years as in 100's. The morons in our goverment just dont want to spend the time and money to extract this crude. Was also informed that this is not the only place in the good ole USA that has this type of supply. There is NO reason for us to be doing business with these a@@holes. When you speak to a congressman he says"Its good PR" I say @#^* PR and do what is right. Take care of US and to hell with everyone else. Its a proven fact that we are one of the few countries can be a SELF SUFFICENT country therefore there is reason for this. And to top it all of if we did become a country that relied soley on our own resources I firmly beleive alot of the worlds conflict would be greatly reduced. Damn this oil thing just gets me pissed off. Its nothing more than a reason to stir up chit.
Old 05-10-06, 09:19 PM   #14
HulaPopr

I'm gonna stick with WTL on this one. Chavez is just using opposition to the U.S. to get more power and recognition. And I think I'd rather see the money going to Venezuala than to the Middle East.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 03:53 PM   #15
angelus40
BassFishin.Com Active Member

my family goes to speedway
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.