Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-05, 10:02 PM   #1
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Schools out for summer!

Now that I'm done with another year of college I can turn my attention away from petty politics and focus on my two summer goals.

A.) Getting a summer job...might already have something lined up

B.) Using the money I earn to go fishing every 3rd day (roughly speaking, and depending on the job)

I've already got a list of places to visit too. Names like Guntersville, Pickwick, Wheeler, Wilson, Logan Martin, Eufaula, Millers Ferry, Tims Ford and possibly wildcards like Seminole, the Mobile delta or Dale Hollow!

This is the season boys. We are talking about topwater in the morning, then texas rigged worms in the day and switching back to topwater again in the evening. The cool morning fog and the warm summer sun. Mosquitos and mayflies, nightfishing by the glow of the moon and lightning bugs. Fireworks and cold beer. Skynryd so loud your eadrums burst. The sound of crickets and frogs in the morning, or a deer swiming across a river. Man I'm so pumped. I'm gonna go mow the lawn or something, which btw I don't get to do at college and I friggin even miss that.

Hell yeah.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 10:41 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Schools out for summer!

wooooooooooooo you got me pumped from that ;D i sure wish i had a truck and boat for the summer, but i still can blast skynard and do some of the stuff. only 19 more days left. i cant wait, fishin rock pits all day, cruisin with my cousin, havin fun, all the good stuff. man i cant wait. ;D ;D ;D thanks for that little adrinaline rush there. it blocks out the fact that i have school tommorrow, but only 19 more days.............
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 09:13 PM   #3
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

SUMMER?

Longest day of the year isn't until June 20th my friend. Or at least within a few days of June 20th.

My "summer" vacation begins around June 15th.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 11:46 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well the adrinaline meter went down from that post lone ;D ;D i cant imagine getting out in june, when do you go back?
Old 05-11-05, 10:15 PM   #5
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Right around September.

I haven't been fishing much at all this year because I've been busy with school. I've still got to catch my first fish of the year. 8)
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 03:48 PM   #6
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I'm a HS football coach and in one week I'll have 3 months off(with pay!!!).I'll fish 4-5 days per week,and I just can't wait.It's bassin' nirvana!
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:59 PM   #7
n2b
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to n2b

i got suspended from school for two days and the funny part is there is only 9 day of school left for me and i bet you can guess what im gonna be doin for those two days. ;D

yup, thats right FISHIN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
n2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 06:12 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i have 4 days left, friday i go to my sisters graduation, so im not going to school then, and the last 3 days of school i'll be in north carolina.
Old 05-17-05, 06:24 PM   #9
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

5 days left for me.....then i'll be a freshman...i cant wait...gonna play ball.....get me a scolarship
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 06:29 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

in college nick? i thought you were already in high school. i guess not. i'll be a freshman next year to, i already have gotten some money for scholarship from playing pop warner and being an all american, but im gunna get a full scholarship from football so i can go play for the florida gators. im guessing that your playing basketball.
Old 05-17-05, 06:34 PM   #11
OhioBass

Yes, I'm a basketball player...pure clutch....pretty sure i'll go far in basketball...hit one game winner in my lifetime....best of luck with football man....brother love
Old 05-17-05, 07:15 PM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

It's obvious school is out after spending the day reading the posts :P Â*Biggest problem I see, is that folks are definately not learning anything in school, so put them to work. Do you want fries with that coke?

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 07:56 PM   #13
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=Tourneys;num=1115600572;start=0#11 date=05/17/05 at 18:15:00]It's obvious school is out after spending the day reading the posts :P Â*Biggest problem I see, is that folks are definately not learning anything in school, so put them to work. Â*Do you want fries with that coke?

Lizards[/quote]

Whot u mean by dat lizerds Â*i be a smart kid and get the highist grades in my klas Â*u think u r so smart so why u be makin fun of evryone hahaha Â*i am glad i got such a goood educashun so stop bein meen. Â* Â*

Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 08:07 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

hula, did you get my PM?
Old 05-18-05, 07:43 PM   #15
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

you guys suck! i dont get out till june 22nd!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH im ready to ripping my god damn hair out!!!!!!
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 08:26 PM   #16
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

3 days incounting. BTW, thats about the only curse word i hate to say, i shouldnt say any of them, but **** happens. i stay away from that word tho, the GD word.
Old 05-18-05, 08:54 PM   #17
OhioBass

I probally wont do much fishing this summer.....I'm going to run track and play basketball.....so I'm gonna be running and playing basketball about 6 hours a day.
Old 05-18-05, 08:58 PM   #18
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

bummer.....i guess you have to get ready for b-ball. i need to run to, but i will run to and from the fishin hole ;D so i will kill 2 birds with one stone ;D i am going to a training camp that is invite only, it has some of the NFL pros coaching it. there are a few other non invite camps like it, but this one has access to all the training facilities that pros use, so im looking forward to it.
Old 05-18-05, 09:24 PM   #19
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

My daily summer schedule:
Wake up... go fishing.
Mid day... summerwork/go to the Y and work out(air conditioning)
Evening... more fishing
Go to bed.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 09:37 PM   #20
OhioBass

Yes i have very big dreams.....and to live them it's gonna take a hell of alot of work
Old 05-18-05, 11:14 PM   #21
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

02, training in pro facilites doesn't jeapordize college eligibility does it? You better check on it to make sure, you know the NCAA is run by a bunch of NAZIs right?
Old 05-18-05, 11:38 PM   #22
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i dont think it would. but i will check that out. the invintation was sent to me when i got scholarship money to go towards college, so if it would make me ineligable that would be alittle strange. but i will look into it.
Old 05-18-05, 11:48 PM   #23
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

if its a summer camp it wont jepordize eligibility, i went to a nike camp in arizona my junior year and it was no problem,
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 01:46 PM   #24
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I'd still get it in writing to feel secure. I'm telling you, the NCAA can be very vindictive against programs/people they don't like. They go so far as to make up rules to get you, or even ignore their own bylaws when they are designed for your protection. We had a defensive end miss an entire year because he took some of that weight gainer 2000 stuff and didn't read what was on the side of the bottle, which turned out to be a substance the NCAA frowned on.

Or an even better example is that guy who was on colorado's team, he was also an olympic skier, and since he had endorsed a few skiing products the ncaa claimed he was a pro athlete and hence not eligable for football last year. I think he might have even sued.

Old 05-24-05, 10:39 PM   #25
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

im officially out of school. will miss the girls and the rest of my friends, but that is what the movies are for. anyways, goin to north carolina tommarrow, then sometime when i get back depending on what is goin on i will be heading to north florida to visit the family. and fish everyday at the rock pitts and the suwwannee. life is good.

ROCK ON!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.