Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-05, 02:46 PM   #1
javelinguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to javelinguy
Default YUM 3.5 crawfish

Fishing a tourney in 2 weeks here on the Wisconsin River. Riding as co-angler, and in talking with my boating partner, he's had good success in the past fishing rock piles near the channel for smallies. Not what I would particularly do at this time of the year, but that's a different story and one that will be written when the wife let's me buy a boat. Until then, I guess we're not really running and gunning and will be using finese baits (tubes, grubs, ect.) on the rocks.

Question: I picked up some YUM 3.5" crawfish plastics and might be using them. How do you guys rig yours?

I think this will be one of my presentations as I plan to fish a tube, deep diving crankbait (craw pattern), spinner bait (if they're suspending off bottom), and a drop shot.

Thanks for any and all advice on the YUM craws.
javelinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 05:35 PM   #2
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Re: YUM 3.5 crawfish

The yum crawbug is just a fancy tube bait.I use them as jig trailers sometimes but I also have fished them with the Renosky boomerang jighead and the Jewel Finnese jighead. I would fish them around rocks or where ever you find craws.Its only my opinion ,but I would rather fish a regular tube bait for the simple reason a regular tube bait can resemble either a baitfish or a crawfish. I hope this helps, P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 05:37 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i usually jig them, or just hook them thru the front part and out the middle of the back.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 12:31 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I like then on a Renosky glider jig head:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 09:36 AM   #5
javelinguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to javelinguy

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to use a white one as a trailer on a white jig and swimming it shallow.

Got the brown and red color too and hoping to purchase some of rebassers suggested terminal tackle.

Thanks again.
javelinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 02:43 PM   #6

Rig them with a 1/0 Gamakatsu and a Lindys rattling tube insert.That is a killer rig on the rivers I fish.Where ya from I'm in S.E. WI also ;D
Old 04-19-05, 02:48 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Love the Crawbugs 8) I just t-rig it with a 1/4 oz tungsten weight using a 5/0 owner offset shank ewg hook. Â*I rig it just like any other plastic. Â*I fish it a lot like a PNJ, but I tend to drag it more, which seems to draw more bites than dragging a PNJ ??? Â*I prefer the green pumpkin, and watermelon/red also.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 03:18 PM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

http://www.jewelbait.com/results.asp The Jewel Finnesse jighead. The Renosky jig, I thought it said Boomerrang jig on the actual package, but I have been wrong before. ;D P N J Â* http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.