Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-05, 11:43 PM   #26
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default Re: Bassmaster Classic! Whos Gonna Win It?

Not sure yet. I live right along one of the three rivers where the classic is being held. The sunday paper said they are having a practice comming up soon. The pro's are not allowed to ask locals what is hot. (anything black right now). Can't wait for the activities to begin.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 09:28 PM   #27
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

This is going to be like Wissota i think,mainly smallmouths and not big bags. Let's face it, it's not G-Ville in April or Toho in March. It's friggin Pittsburg in July. Basser's top 5:
1.KVD-This guy is on fire. No, its not because he's slowed down his presentation. He's just plain good. Best fisherman on the Tour right now. VanDam figured out the pattern on Wissota after several pro's complained about there being no fish(how somebody couldn't catch 5 14" smallmouth on Wissota is beyond my imagination anyway)

2. Mike Iaconelli-I dont care how much he screams or breakdances. He's a damn good fisherman. I didn't hear him complaining about Lewisville at all for not winning. Who cares if the guy wants to scream? He's one of the best, and he catches fish week in and week out.

3. Larry Nixon-He's improving. Bad start to his year, but I think he'll use his experience to win in pittsburgh.

4. Zell Rowland-the King of Topwater, the Zellamander himself, is going to do well because i say so. No questions asked...

5. Rick Clunn-he's too painfully obvious to leave out. he needs a big victory to prove that he's as good as ever. We already know he's great(probably winner of the GAD if anyone has half a brain), but he could use a victory.

basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 09:35 PM   #28
javlin2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to javlin2

Zell, huh? I'm not sure about him, but I've never had much luck fishing rivers with topwater lures. If I were to fish in the tournment, I'd be working the banks with a Rat-L-Trap or slowing it down with a Wacky Rig or even a jigged Sweet Beaver (forum favorite). I say you find the man who can fish moving water slow, and you've found someone who's going to win this thing.

Knowing how it's Pittsburgh and all, things might get pretty hairy if we have one of our many downpours right at the start of the Classic. I'd like to see the anglers try to catch fish in fast moving, murky, high water, after a cold front. I just wanna see what I'm doing wrong.
javlin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 09:48 PM   #29
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

I grew up fishing lakes and flowages, but only recently have i started the Mississippi River, and i've lived next to it my whole life . I highly doubt that their river system is like ours, because we ahve lots of backwaters and sloughs and lock and dams. But if i were in the tourney, i'd find rock and fish smallmouth. Probably with tubes and crankbaits. Just my take. Maybe they get a muddy water spinnerbait bite or something. the weather and water level is going to dictate it for sure.
basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-05, 09:59 PM   #30
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

[quote author=InEccess link=board=news;num=1118882229;start=25#27 date=06/20/05 at 20:35:54]slowing it down with a Wacky Rig or even a jigged Sweet Beaver (forum favorite) [/quote]

i think them tiki stiks will give the beavers a run for its money concerning a forum favorite 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 12:04 AM   #31
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

basser 37 if your fish the Mississippi River then i would like to know what works for you on it. I live in St. Louis.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 12:30 AM   #32
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

KVD all the way.....He can't be stopped...He's won 2 in a row and is on top of his game......

Anyone want to put a little wager on it?..........lol

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 01:36 AM   #33
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
KVD all the way.....He can't be stopped...He's won 2 in a row and is on top of his game......
Yeah, but here in Texas we got us a sayin':

There ain't a horse that can't be rode or a rider that can't be throwed.

The guy I'd like to see win it is Gary Kline, but he didn't make it this year. He's been snakebit for at least 2 Classics-he had the winning weight a couple of years back but got caught in lock and was late for the weigh-in which cost him the title.

The thing is, as we all know, there are so many variables in tournament fishing that you really can't predict who will win.

I'm with Nitro-not Ike. Listening to him squeal every time he catches a 14" bank runner gets real old real quick.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 10:10 AM   #34
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

KVD with the roll he's on with the E-50s, he's going to be tough to beat 8)
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-05, 11:54 AM   #35
daveraynor
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to daveraynor

KVD or Ike
daveraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-05, 05:49 PM   #36
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

KVD or Greg

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.