Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-05, 09:11 PM   #1
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15
Default You know whats funny?

Read kevins post, and look at the number of posts he has. Some you guys are in the 1000's. And the creater of this board has 56. Thats sad
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 09:55 PM   #2
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466
Default Re: You know whats funny?

[quote author=Big_Bad_Trav link=board=MessBoards;num=1112141494;start=0#0 date=03/29/05 at 19:11:33]Read kevins post, and look at the number of posts he has. Some you guys are in the 1000's. And the creater of this board has 56. Thats sad
[/quote]

I don't have a problem with it; not every site owner is a participant in the discussions. I'm just glad that Kevin has made this site available to us.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:01 PM   #3
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I believe Kevin is a Medical Student at Johns Hopkins. I suspect he's got other things to do than hang out here.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:05 PM   #4
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Marty, This may be the very first time we agree on something. ;D It is great person to take the time out of his busy life to provide a forum for us to share our ideas and learn together. He is bound to contracts and sponsors so I am not sure he could be of help as much as we are for each other. Of course I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time . ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:22 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

PNJ,i think that's called sucking up...lmao..jk..kevin may not be here much but at least he knows when to kill a thread..thanks kev.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:35 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Tommy, I thank you for the useful info. ;D Usually I am typing the first thing that comes to mind. I am proud to suck up to anyone that can provide an entertaining place to visit.Start your own forum, and I will even say what a great Super Hero you are. ;D P N J
Old 03-29-05, 10:36 PM   #7
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Ahh. But do we know that Kevin's not posting under another name??
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:36 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

ya, im just glad he created this sit. hes probally got other things to do. thanks kevin.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 12:46 AM   #9
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

I look at it this way. Kevin has given us a wonderful forum to talk about anything bass fishin. He does have a large group of sponsors. Would the sponsors like if the owner of this site started talking about senkos or tiki stiks vs. their product. Might not have that sponsor for to long. If you have noticed lately his name is showing up a lot more on the list. He may be busy but Im sure his eyes are on this site daily. Like Tom said he seems to know when to kill a thread. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 08:30 AM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Big_Bad_Trav link=board=MessBoards;num=1112141494;start=0#0 date=03/29/05 at 19:11:33]Read kevins post, and look at the number of posts he has. Some you guys are in the 1000's. And the creater of this board has 56. Thats sad
[/quote]

He very well may not post a lot, but we do, and that's what makes the site. I don't see Bill Dance chatting on his site, or any other's for that matter. WE are the market who the advertisers are here for. WE are the ones, they want to sell to. Kevin's does a GREAT JOB at maintaining the site. He plays a hands off role, and only gets involved, when it's becoming vicious or vulgar. If he had too tight a rein, folks wouldn't come at all, and if it was too lose, he'd have nothing but kids in here. Who by the way usually can't afford to buy the stuff the sponsors are selling. I'm glad they are all here. And I for one believe Kevin does a great job maintaing the site. I do not like some of the things he does, but as long as the rules are the same for everyone, then I'll live with them. Especially since it gives me the opportunity to be able to come here and learn, and meet new bassin buddies. OK here's the soap box back bassintom

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 09:45 PM   #11
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=pig_n_jig link=board=MessBoards;num=1112141494;start=0#3 date=03/29/05 at 20:05:44]Marty, This may be the very first time we agree on something. ;D[/quote]
I never realized that we disagree on everything. Hmmmm? Can we agree that NY winters suck and that the bass season opens too late?
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 10:09 PM   #12
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Marty, Yes to both questions. ;D Usually I am in the creeks catching bass by this time but the late snow storms have delayed everything.I have been going , but its all for nothing so far.It can change quickly and if your not looking you will miss the opertunity to catch alot of big bass.My largest 7.1 lb was caught a week ago last year. P N J
Old 04-03-05, 01:22 AM   #13

I am just glad that he created the board also, i've met alot of great people to talk to on here.
Sandra

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.