Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-05, 06:00 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default They Just Kept Biting........for awhile

Air temp today was 73 almost all morning, very very overcast and rain like skies, but never did more than sprinkle for a few drops.
I knew this would be a killer day for bites, hoping top water was the ticket, I had been throwing the jitterbug but today tied on the spook and buzz bait.
It was weird, they all blasted the buzz bait on the first bank I hit, fish after fish inhaled it.
I finally switched over to the spook, and to my surprise the fish only "swiped" at the lure, missing it every time.
I didn't even try to rear back and set the hook, I just let it lay after the blowup and continued on...I was so far from the lure that any followup bait would have been impossible to reach from the distance, as you know you can chuck a spook a long long way.
After throwing my arm off for hours I felt the need to flip, the water temp was about 76 today, almost the same as the air temp by noon.
I took the chartreuse and green tikki stick and got a few, but not as big as I wanted, then took out the craw dude from Wave, in the multicolored pattern,
at first the gills literally took the pincher's off, I figured that would attract some bass, and sure enough a few more "dinks" hit it..
Man that craw dude has some detail on it..so I bite off most of the body tube and stuck it on a jig, it looks awesome! Â*realistic ....
Â* Â*I went on to fish a 9 ft weed bed the rest of the morning fishing the "dude" and got a couple of 15 inches, and as the case all week the bite seemed to end about 11 or noon. I was ready to get off the water anyway, they need a damn port o john out there LOL :

[img] http://www.finfeather.com/images/pro...9483_small.jpg [/img]
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.