Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-05, 11:49 PM   #1
kentuckybasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentuckybasser
Default any home inspectors out there? (moving)

moving out of a cape cod that was built in 1942. i know the inspector is going to go over the furnace, roof, etc. but how thorough (sp) is he going to go over everything? anything i can do while he's here to make things go smoother or just stay out of his way? the people that are buying my house are paying for an inspection and there will be another inspection for the VA loan their getting.
kentuckybasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 12:25 AM   #2
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: any home inspectors out there? (moving)

hope your buyers have one like i had..i think he was blind.if i didn't feel sorry for him for being so stupid i'd sue the sh*t out of him.
he didn't see any important stuff..like the drain plumbing was done wrong(sinks wouldn't drain).window frames are rotted,need many new windows...the list goes on and on....
BUT..i still would have bought this house even if i knew of the problems.it really was a bargain.
anyway..you can wind up with a nitpicker or a slug...it's a crapshoot bud..good luck...i just went through the home buying/selling hell.

BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 01:43 AM   #3
buzzb8er
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to buzzb8er

It is really unpredictable. We just sold our house and the home inspector for FHA loan did a pretty thorough job. He crawled under the house, went into the attic, checked the temperature change from the furnace to AC, checked the breakers, etc. He found three minors things and gave me the opportunity to fix them before he reported them. We had the exact kind of loan this buyer has, but the inspector missed alot of things that were never reported and never fixed. One important thing for the government loans is not to have peeling paint! Hope this helps.
brobrian
buzzb8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 12:08 PM   #4
notabassmaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to notabassmaster

The best thing to do is to not be there when the inspector comes. 9 out of 10 times you will either get pissed off and really have him looking at ****, or he will ask you questions that lead him to look for ****. He is gonna find things wrong dude, that is what he gets paid to do. The last house I sold was built in 1955, and he cam up with all kinds of **** to fix. You don't have to fix anything, it is a bargaining tool for the buyers. VA inspectors are gonna go through everything dude, and I mean everything. For example, grounding of electrical circuits, condition of roof, how many layers of shingles, siding condition, gutter drains, how quickly your a/c gets to a certain temp. etc. It is all a pain in the ***, and very stressful, just prepare yourself to get a 4-5 page list of **** they find wrong. Keep in mind that your house was built on 1942, so they HAVE to inspect it according to the codes then. Don't let it worry you
notabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 07:27 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

the inspector of the house i sold gave a 27 page report full of bullsh*t.i fixed a couple things.for the most part my old house was just like i bought it except for new roof and some interior paint.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.